• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Inspiring Sports Pictures Thread

Thread_Killer said:
The thread title is self-explanatory. I'll go first:

Garciaparra gets a lift from catcher Russell Martin after hitting a grand slam to lift the Dodgers over Arizona, 5-1.

:icon_toast: :icon_toast: :icon_toast:

Nomar is beyond belief!!!! AWESOME picture!!!!

What's that sound??? :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

It's the sound of Nomar's bat cracking as he hits it out of the ballpark...again and again and again....(LA is 2:40 into it but the whole clip is good...)...and again and then again...

Thread_Killer

KimPossible said:
What's that sound??? :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

It's the sound of Nomar's bat cracking as he hits it out of the ballpark...again and again and again....(LA is 2:40 into it but the whole clip is good...)...and again and then again...

Thanks for sharing, Kimmie! :tup:

Unfortunately, I can't access youtube from work. I'll have to wait to be inspired by that when I get home. :)

Thread_Killer said:
Thanks for sharing, Kimmie! :tup:

Unfortunately, I can't access youtube from work. I'll have to wait to be inspired by that when I get home. :)

You're welcome! You'll like it! It is inspiring! And a prediction of things to come...:yes:..We're on a roll....

rexy2006

Not to mention, IMMORTALITY!

SAVE 479

Wait, wait, I gotta find the pic of owner John Moores giving Trevor a kiss, that's REALLY inspirational!:lol:

PADRES TREVOR HOFFMAN, ALL-TIME SAVES LEADER

Thread_Killer

Nomar is out of control. :icon_eek:

Nomar Garciaparra is greeted at home plate by Kenny Lofton after Garciaparra hit a two-run home run off Colorado Rockies starting pitcher Jason Jennings during the fifth inning.

rexy2006

Thread_Killer said:

Nomar Garciaparra is greeted at home plate by Kenny Lofton after Garciaparra hit a two-run home run off Colorado Rockies starting pitcher Jason Jennings during the fifth inning.
Maybe he is, but Kent (aka Pron Star) is one sad panda:

sdchrger

Thread_Killer said:

Dodgers suck.

sdchrger

rexy2006 said:
Hows it goin? I am sorry I missed meeting you at the last Chargers' game. Goin to SF, though. You a Padres fan?
Oh, by teh way, DODGERS SCUK!:yes:
I would have liked to have met you in real life. Next time for sure.

As for the Pads, they are my team. Football is number 1 for me always but I've been a Pad fan since Tito Fuentes. :tup:

rexy2006

sdchrger said:

As for the Pads, they are my team. Football is number 1 for me always but I've been a Pad fan since Tito Fuentes. :tup:
Cool! Then you probably like my "Jeff Kent is a sad panda" pic!!!:lol:

BFISA

sdchrger said:

Shoulda been there in the "Number Eleven, Enzo Hernandez" days...made me sign up for another hitch in RVN!!:icon_eek: :no: :icon_mrgreen:

Thread_Killer said:
Driving in the go-ahead run is always inspiring.
It really is....

I find this post-win photo particularly inspiring...I predict more inspiring images tonight....

Let's see...just to recap...the Dodgers are one game behind the Pads IIRC....

BFISA

Chispa said:
I'm a newly minted Charger fan. What is the story behind this?
The frail-lookin dude is Rolf Benirske, the Chargers kicker in the 80's who was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease (http://www.ccfa.org/info/about/crohns), and became very ill.

The big lumox walkin nextta him is Louie Kelcher, a Defensive Tackle for the Chargers during that same period.

On this day, Rolf was designated a Co-Captain to go to the middle of the field for the pre-game coin toss. He was so weak, had to be carried by Kelcher to participate in this ceremony.

I wasn't there...I was...well...somewhere else, but I heard there wasn't a dry set of eyes in the whole stadium. Trumpie can fill this part in better than I.

Turns out Benirske recovered from this near-death experienceta kick again for the Chargers.

Thats the qwik an dirty version, but I heard about, whereever I was, and it affected me deeply.

sdchrger

BFISA said:
The frail-lookin dude is Rolf Benirske, the Chargers kicker in the 80's who was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease (http://www.ccfa.org/info/about/crohns), and became very ill.

The big lumox walkin nextta him is Louie Kelcher, a Defensive Tackle for the Chargers during that same period.

On this day, Rolf was designated a Co-Captain to go to the middle of the field for the pre-game coin toss. He was so weak, had to be carried by Kelcher to participate in this ceremony.

I wasn't there...I was...well...somewhere else, but I heard there wasn't a dry set of eyes in the whole stadium. Trumpie can fill this part in better than I.

Turns out Benirske recovered from this near-death experienceta kick again for the Chargers.

Thats the qwik an dirty version, but I heard about, whereever I was, and it affected me deeply.
That pretty much sums it up. If I remember correctly, Rolf dropped to under 90 pounds during his illness.