Official Draft Day Thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

szarmes

I am the Walrus
Jan 11, 2010
The draft....err....first round is finally here!!
Now that it's draft day, I'm not missing the old drafting formula.

Chavez

Oct 22, 2006
The final draftcountdown.com mock draft has us taking Ryan Matthews at #28 and Terrence Cody at #40. I still think Matthews will be gone by 28. Still think Cody is a risk but this would be a solid first 2 picks.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

28 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS: RYAN MATHEWS, RB, FRESNO STATE

Scouting Report
This seems like a match made in NFL Draft Heaven, assuming Ryan Mathews makes it past the Houston Texans at #20. Last year the Chargers ranked 31st in the league in rushing, and that was with LaDainian Tomlinson. Even though they brought back Darren Sproles for at least one more year it’s safe to say that San Diego will be looking to upgrade their ground attack very early on in this draft. Mathews isn’t flashy but he is a workhorse with a nice blend of size and speed who would form a terrific 1-2 punch with Sproles. The Chargers other most glaring need is at nose tackle and while Dan Williams will most likely be long gone they could take a look at Terrence “Mount” Cody. After trading away Antonio Cromartie a cornerback like Kareem Jackson or Devin McCourty could be in the discussion now as well and don’t rule out a defensive end like Jared Odrick and Tyson Alualu or even a right tackle such as Vladamir Ducasse If Mathews is still available he'll be the pick though.

40 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (f/SEA): TERRENCE CODY, DT, ALABAMA
Scouting Report

A prototypical run - stuffing nose tackle to anchor the middle of their 3-4 defense.

Dublin Bolt

BoltTalker
Aug 12, 2006
Dublin, Oul Sod.
I'm pissed that us EuroBolts who have work commitments friday morning are gonna miss this. :icon_evil:

Any idea when the Bolts might be on the clock timewise. I might just wake myself round then. Is it about 9pm PT?. That'll be 5am my time.

CoronaDoug

Official Hater
Feb 14, 2007
HollywoodLeo said:
I'm missing the old formula.

I'll be busy at work tonight.
That we can agree on:tup:

I want the weekend draft where I start drinking beer early AM to late PM.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Dublin Bolt said:
I'm pissed that us EuroBolts who have work commitments friday morning are gonna miss this. :icon_evil:

Any idea when the Bolts might be on the clock timewise. I might just wake myself round then. Is it about 9pm PT?. That'll be 5am my time.
about 4 1/2 hours after the first pick if each team gets 10 minutes.

which sucks for us in the EST and all points East

:icon_evil:

BoltsFanUK

Sep 12, 2006
Kettering England
Dublin Bolt said:
I don't have ESPN here, you have to pay extra for it. Do you have to pay extra for it in the UK Chris?.
Yeah I pay £10 a month for ESPN and ESPNA which is good for me seeing as I'm watching the NHl playoffs, Baseball, College football and basketball when its on

Chargerfn909

High and tight kid, high and tight!
Mar 4, 2010
This may sound crazy but a certain somebody I know is claiming the Bolts are taking Linvel Joseph @ 28.. Sounds like madness, I know..

Brundlefly

Feb 3, 2009
Chargerfn909 said:
This may sound crazy but a certain somebody I know is claiming the Bolts are taking Linvel Joseph @ 28.. Sounds like madness, I know..
SOUNDS. LIKE. SPARTA!

Shabba

BoltTalker
May 16, 2008
Talk from NYC is that the Chargers are looking to move up. Is that for Matthews, Williams, Oderick?

Chavez

Oct 22, 2006
Chargerfn909 said:
Who do you know?

Chavez

Oct 22, 2006
:icon_rofl:

Link

More discussion of Tebow to Broncos
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 4:55 PM ET
If Tim Tebow's agent pretty much knows where the former Florida quarterback is going, and if Tebow's dad is confident that his son will be a Top 15 pick, might the Denver Broncos, picking 11th, be the team to take him?

Mike Klis of the Denver Post writes that 11th overall would be too high for the Broncos to pick Tebow. But he adds that the Broncos just might take him, especially if they can engineer a trade that has them picking somewhere in the 20s.

Of course, if Tebow's dad is right, he'll be gone before a pick in the 20s. But the Broncos have been showing plenty of interest in Tebow lately, and the closer we get to the draft, the more that interest seems to increase.

According to Klis, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels would love to make a bold move, would love a quarterback who's at least 6-foot-3, comfortable in the shotgun and a proven winner, would love an intelligent, high-character player, would love a passer he can develop as a project, and would love someone who can help the Broncos' offense in short-yardage situations.

That all sounds like Tebow. Does all this Tebow talk suggest that where there's smoke there's fire, or is this a smokescreen? We'll find out in a few hours.

CoronaDoug

Official Hater
Feb 14, 2007
Chargerfn909 said:
He will be available in the 2nd

CoronaDoug

Official Hater
Feb 14, 2007
Chavez said:
:icon_rofl:

Link

More discussion of Tebow to Broncos
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 4:55 PM ET
If Tim Tebow's agent pretty much knows where the former Florida quarterback is going, and if Tebow's dad is confident that his son will be a Top 15 pick, might the Denver Broncos, picking 11th, be the team to take him?

Mike Klis of the Denver Post writes that 11th overall would be too high for the Broncos to pick Tebow. But he adds that the Broncos just might take him, especially if they can engineer a trade that has them picking somewhere in the 20s.

Of course, if Tebow's dad is right, he'll be gone before a pick in the 20s. But the Broncos have been showing plenty of interest in Tebow lately, and the closer we get to the draft, the more that interest seems to increase.

According to Klis, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels would love to make a bold move, would love a quarterback who's at least 6-foot-3, comfortable in the shotgun and a proven winner, would love an intelligent, high-character player, would love a passer he can develop as a project, and would love someone who can help the Broncos' offense in short-yardage situations.

That all sounds like Tebow. Does all this Tebow talk suggest that where there's smoke there's fire, or is this a smokescreen? We'll find out in a few hours.

He will end up in Jax.

clontarf_bolt

Oct 29, 2008
szarmes said:
The suspense is killing me!!
try having to stay awake for it! :icon_tease:

will try watch an hour or two but dunno if ill last much passed 1am here, pretty wrecked to begin with!

CoronaDoug

Official Hater
Feb 14, 2007
Tebow is such a fag. :lol: Did you hear him talking? The dude is a young Mr Rogers.

Brundlefly

Feb 3, 2009
Man, it's really stupid having the draft in primetime. It's going to be going on past midnight in eastern time. I don't give a shit though because I'm 2 hours before EST and have an accounting final tomorrow. As a marketing major, THIS IS A POOR MARKETING DECISION!

lollerskates

Brundlefly

Feb 3, 2009
CoronaDoug said:
Tebow is such a fag. :lol: Did you hear him talking? The dude is a young Mr Rogers.
I don't watch college football so I still don't understand why I constantly hear about this guy when he's expected to be drafted in rounds 2 or 3. I wonder what he eats that makes his anus taste so good to the media.