• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Chargers-Niners Gameday Thread!!

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#1
What to watch for tonight.

Marcus McNeill
Marcus McNeill
Marcus McNeill
Charlie Whitehurst
Antonio Cromartie
Floyd vs Osgood for the #4 WR

Let's get this party started!!
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#3
Electric Chair said:
I'm going to be at the track, so I'll catch it late night. Let's get outta this with no injuries and move on to the 11th!

:icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:
 
#5
sdchrger said:
What to watch for tonight.

Marcus McNeill
Marcus McNeill
Marcus McNeill
Charlie Whitehurst
Antonio Cromartie
Floyd vs Osgood for the #4 WR

Let's get this party started!!
Vincent Jackson back on the field tonight?
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#6
Thunderstruck said:
Vincent Jackson back on the field tonight?
I heard that both Parker and Jackson would not play but could if needed.

I'm excited and concerned about Jackson. The dude has amazing upside but can't stay healthy.
 

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
#7
Sopse I'LL haveta depend on the board for updates, I doubt the game will be shown here in good old Clayton North Carolina.
 

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
#9
Is Floyd seriously fighting Osgood for the #4? That would hurt us because it would give away the run when we bring in Kassim to block just like when we brought in Sproles last year everyone knew he wasn't just a decoy. We need to keep people guessing. I fuggin hate Cam's "here's what we're doing now try and stop us" playcalling.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#11
MtlBoltsFan said:
Is Floyd seriously fighting Osgood for the #4? That would hurt us because it would give away the run when we bring in Kassim to block just like when we brought in Sproles last year everyone knew he wasn't just a decoy. We need to keep people guessing. I fuggin hate Cam's "here's what we're doing now try and stop us" playcalling.
Floyd's a better WR than Osgood. He deserves the #4 spot.

Besides, I would think we'd shift to a 2-TE set when we decide to run block. They might pick up on that one first.
 

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
#12
WonderSlug said:
Floyd's a better WR than Osgood. He deserves the #4 spot.

Besides, I would think we'd shift to a 2-TE set when we decide to run block. They might pick up on that one first.
Yah but you can bet Cam is going to insert Osgood in there to block and it'll just give everything away if he's not used regularly in the rotation.
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#13
MtlBoltsFan said:
Is Floyd seriously fighting Osgood for the #4? That would hurt us because it would give away the run when we bring in Kassim to block just like when we brought in Sproles last year everyone knew he wasn't just a decoy. We need to keep people guessing. I fuggin hate Cam's "here's what we're doing now try and stop us" playcalling.
I personally think that Osgood shouldn't see the field on offense. The fact that he is our best blocking WR is more than offset by his inabilty to get seperation and his hands. If you're big and have great hands that are strong you can still be very good without have to seperate from the DB (Chris Carter). If you can seperate but can't catch then you're Ashley Lelie &/ Donte Stallworth. If you can't do either than you're unemployed unless you're a ST's dynamo (Osgood).
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#14
sdchrger said:
I personally think that Osgood shouldn't see the field on offense. The fact that he is our best blocking WR is more than offset by his inabilty to get seperation and his hands.
I disagree.

A WR blocking for a RB or another WR and who is a blocking demon is just as valuable on the field. Somebody has to throw the killer blocks to spring the gazelles.
 

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
#15
sdchrger said:
It's on the NFL Network live if you have it. :tup:

Currently out of work so no I dont have it. As soon as I am working again first thing back on will be direct tv and my sunday ticket.
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#16
HEXEDBOLT said:
Currently out of work so no I dont have it. As soon as I am working again first thing back on will be direct tv and my sunday ticket.
I Feel you bro.

Good luck finding a great job that you'll like. As for football, we'll keep you up to speed.:tup:
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#18
Critter said:
Two things I am interested in watching during this game.

McNeill and Bingham.
Good point on Bingham. I was a little surprised that Marty mentioned him as one of the most improved players. What I have noticed is that there is a huge difference in our interior run defense when Jamal has sat and Ryan has gone in. I'll be keeping a close eye on that as well.
 

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
#20
sdchrger said:
I Feel you bro.

Good luck finding a great job that you'll like. As for football, we'll keep you up to speed.:tup:

It's like pulling teeth finding a job here right now, not enough jobs and too many people. Oh well, I picked this place to live so I'll just have to roll with the punches.

Thanks for your good wishes though.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#21
HEXEDBOLT said:
It's like pulling teeth finding a job here right now, not enough jobs and too many people. Oh well, I picked this place to live so I'll just have to roll with the punches.

Thanks for your good wishes though.

The Power of the temple will be unleashed and you will have that job soon....more money and better looking biitches...:icon_mrgreen:
 

Boltdiehard

Well-Known Member
#25
We'll be in section 27 row 9 seats 17 & 18. If the camera pans up into the stands look for a white LT jersey and I'm not sure what my buddy is wearing yet.

I think we're going to get :icon_party: :icon_high: for this game.

:icon_mrgreen: :tup: :icon_toast:

Go Chargers!!! :bolt:
 
#28
Boltdiehard said:
We'll be in section 27 row 9 seats 17 & 18. If the camera pans up into the stands look for a white LT jersey and I'm not sure what my buddy is wearing yet.

I think we're going to get :icon_party: :icon_high: for this game.

:icon_mrgreen: :tup: :icon_toast:

Go Chargers!!! :bolt:
I was going to the game but our sitter arrangements blew up. :icon_evil:

Guess its going to be TV time. No Blackout here in turd and whiner land.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#30
I'll also be keeping an eye on Kaeding's kickoffs.

If Kaeding's hangtime has increased on the kicks to the 5, then it's a good thing as our ST coverage unit will be that much closer (about 5 yards every second extra of hangtime) to the returner when he catches the ball.

Kurt Smith's hangtime on his "short" kicks was 5, even 6.25 seconds, allowing our ST unit to limit kick returns to less than 20 yards.

Kaeding needs to reach the same hangtime.
 

Top