Officer named in Foley shooting

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5935414

SAN DIEGO (AP) - An off-duty Coronado police officer who shot Chargers linebacker Steve Foley was identified Tuesday as Aaron Mansker, who has been with the force since August 2005.

San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Dennis Brugos, who is handling the shooting investigation, said he had no information on Mansker's background, prior employment, race, age or disciplinary history.

Capt. Glenn Revell, the sheriff's department spokesman, said most of that information was protected by privacy laws.

Coronado police spokeswoman Leah Corbin said Mansker was put on paid administrative leave, but she couldn't release any other details about Mansker. "That's out of our hands," she said, saying the sheriff's department was releasing any information.

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
found this on google.

Aaron Homer MANSKER. Father: Thaddeus Constantine S MANSKER Mother: Myra Elizabeth RHYNE Family 1: Clara EASTWOOD ...

Found it kind of interesting that his middle name is "homer"

Reactions: Thumper

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
A couple years ago I worked with a girl who was training to be a cop and while she was in cop school she sped all the time, worked under the table and stole chit. True story.

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
leisure said:
and he died in 1895 :icon_rofl:
Good find leisure. I just couldn't help it when i saw his name sakes middle name was "homer".

Kwak

May 25, 2006
foober said:
found this on google.

Aaron Homer MANSKER. Father: Thaddeus Constantine S MANSKER Mother: Myra Elizabeth RHYNE Family 1: Clara EASTWOOD ...

Found it kind of interesting that his middle name is "homer"
Dirty Harry

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
Aug 15, 2006
Chula Vista, CA
www.oceandivide.info
I spoke to one of my highway partol buddies today and he said that what the off duty officer did was not only foolish, but downright dangerous.

Good way to get yourself killed, not waiting for your backup. He had Foley basically trapped at his house, all he had to do was wait for the cavalry. Plus, firing warning shots into the bushes in a quiet neighborhood at 3 in the morning, WTF? If Foley was my next door neighbor and this happened in my frontyard I'd be ****ing PISSED at that off duty COWBOY. Shooting your ****ing gun around like a ig shot while my daughter sleeps? No way.

This guy is gonna get ****ing PWN3D.

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
Looks like MTL was right about the cops again, where's Critter :kisskiss:

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
Man people aren't joining the force for the right reasons these days. Where's the burning desire to protect the citizens and stand up for justice? :icon_shrug: It's all about $$$

nickelbolt

Fuggedaboutit
Aug 20, 2006
MtlBoltsFan said:
Man people aren't joining the force for the right reasons these days. Where's the burning desire to protect the citizens and stand up for justice? :icon_shrug: It's all about $$$
What does that mean?

Reactions: Thumper

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
However, Thumper on this site, and Nickelbolt on the SDUT site came up with the PDF document providing written proof of Mansker's past employment. ;)

Critter

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
I have been waiting for more detailed official information before making any assumptions.

If it is true the officer is a 23 yr old kid who has been on the force for only one year I would have to say.....

not good.:no:

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
MtlBoltsFan said:
I got asked by our local sheriff to be a cop. But I had to tell him no. My reason was I didn't ever want to wear another uniform the rest of my life.:yes:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
foober said:
I got asked by our local sheriff to be a cop. But I had to tell him no. My reason was I didn't ever want to wear another uniform the rest of my life.:yes:

Good for you. They do not pay enough to have idiots shooting at anyone. Cops are way underpaid and under appreciated but that is life.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
foober said:
word

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
Ride The Lightning said:
Plus, firing warning shots into the bushes in a quiet neighborhood at 3 in the morning, WTF? If Foley was my next door neighbor and this happened in my frontyard I'd be ****ing PISSED at that off duty COWBOY. Shooting your ****ing gun around like a ig shot while my daughter sleeps? No way.
He would have gone out of my neighborhood in a body bag. There are way too many people around me with guns and would NOT take seeing a STRANGER shooting a neighbor. All outward appearances would resemble a robbery/murder. I doubt questions would be asked before rounds would have found the skull of Mr. rookie off duty cop.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Shamrock said:
He would have gone out of my neighborhood in a body bag. There are way too many people around me with guns and would NOT take seeing a STRANGER shooting a neighbor. All outward appearances would resemble a robbery/murder. I doubt questions would be asked before rounds would have found the skull of Mr. rookie off duty cop.
word

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
Aug 15, 2006
Chula Vista, CA
www.oceandivide.info
Shamrock said:
FTW

word