Nine Sacks !

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
That is friggin' AWESOME !!!

Steve Foley had to be enjoying all the "bull" rushes .....

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
No sophimore Jinx here at all for Merriman and Castillo and in my opinion is Castillos coming out to dominate and I also think that a lot of OC's will fear Merriman more include game plan for Lights Out because of his 3 sack game.

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
turbo_turtle said:
No sophimore Jinx here at all for Merriman and Castillo and in my opinion is Castillos coming out to dominate and I also think that a lot of OC's will fear Merriman more include game plan for Lights Out because of his 3 sack game.
The Turds game planned for Merriman, for all the good it did. :icon_banana:

Turds gave up 9 sacks

The Turds punted 9 times

The Turds had 9 first downs (I wonder how many of those came in the last drive with the backups in)

Brooks had 6 pass completions and was sacked 7 times.

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
thejdog said:
If Foley were playing we'de have 10 sacks. Bank it.
But Phillips still have 1.5 sacks.

Castillo- Break Out Game !!
Castillo was a MAN out there.

Losing Igor hurts, but hopefully he'll be back soon. Sprained knee. Put him on inactive vs. the Titans next week, then he gets a bye. That's almost three full weeks before he needs to play again, so rest him.

I'm giddy as hell right now.

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Shamrock said:
That stat is CLASSIC !!!

:bolt: :foley53: :bolt:
BUt man that Brooks sure throws a pretty deep ball.

Why do so many still by into the Turd Mystique? A writer on cnnsi said the Turds would win because of their great MNF record. Since 1987, the Turds are now 7-16 on MNF, WTF? :icon_eek:

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Shamrock said:
But Phillips still have 1.5 sacks.

Castillo was a MAN out there.

Losing Igor hurts, but hopefully he'll be back soon. Sprained knee. Put him on inactive vs. the Titans next week, then he gets a bye. That's almost three full weeks before he needs to play again, so rest him.

I'm giddy as hell right now.
How bad of a sprained knee was if for Igor? Are they going to do an MRI or is it not that serious?

RipTheJacker

May 31, 2006
On the radio they were saying that Phillips had 3 sacks

Oh well, either way he was a beast out there today (as was Merriman obviously) and is going to make us forget about Foley

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
I'm trying to remember if this is the first time a Chargers' D has had this many sacks in one game.

What's the record for most team sacks in a game for the Chargers' D?

Is this it?

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
WonderSlug said:
I'm trying to remember if this is the first time a Chargers' D has had this many sacks in one game.

What's the record for most team sacks in a game for the Chargers' D?

Is this it?
11 sacks vs. the Cowboys in an '86 loss.

They lost when Benirshke missed the game-winning FG.

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
WonderSlug said:
But this is still better, because we won, and it was against the fuggin Raiders.

:D
Yep !!!

I swear I'm not going to sleep tonight. Giddy. I LOVE seeing SD beat the Raiders, but to have the Chargers EM BARE ASS the fricking pirates on MNF and shut them out is freaking outstanding ! :bolt:

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Shamrock said:
Yep !!!

I swear I'm not going to sleep tonight. Giddy. I LOVE seeing SD beat the Raiders, but to have the Chargers EM BARE ASS the fricking pirates on MNF and shut them out is freaking outstanding ! :bolt:
Me neither.

I'm going to play the entire game again and watch intently.

I'll compare our OL blocking to the Raiders OL whiffing.

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
RipTheJacker said:
On the radio they were saying that Phillips had 3 sacks

Oh well, either way he was a beast out there today (as was Merriman obviously) and is going to make us forget about Foley
Rip your boy played awesome tonight, and had he been able to hold onto the pick, he would have been even better. The Shauwnes are a sight to behold. :tup: :yes:

RipTheJacker

May 31, 2006
boltssbbound said:
Rip your boy played awesome tonight, and had he been able to hold onto the pick, he would have been even better. The Shauwnes are a sight to behold. :tup: :yes:
Get used to it, the guy is going to be a monster

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't wait for next week. I haven't gotten my full Chargers fix yet. The Raiders were pathetic and really didn't test us. I need to see more Chargers football. I'm already counting down the hours until the next game. The bye week is really gonna suck.

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
Thumper said:
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't wait for next week. I haven't gotten my full Chargers fix yet. The Raiders were pathetic and really didn't test us. I need to see more Chargers football. I'm already counting down the hours until the next game. The bye week is really gonna suck.
The Titans got manhandled by the lowly Jets. Next week will be ugly for Collins. Seriously ugly.

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Shamrock said:
The Titans got manhandled by the lowly Jets. Next week will be ugly for Collins. Seriously ugly.
Collins and Brooks in consecutive weeks. Merriman is going to have the Defensive MVP wrapped up by week 2. :lol:

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
boltssbbound said:
Collins and Brooks in consecutive weeks. Merriman is going to have the Defensive MVP wrapped up by week 2. :lol:
If he has a couple more games like tonight, he'll be in the running for league MVP. That was a show he put on ..... too bad Gallery isn't on our schedule every week. :)

RipTheJacker

May 31, 2006
Shamrock said:
If he has a couple more games like tonight, he'll be in the running for league MVP. That was a show he put on ..... too bad Gallery isn't on our schedule every week. :)
Merriman has made everyone from Roaf to Gallery look horrible, so i dont think the titans OLT will do anything even remotely close to stoping him

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
RipTheJacker said:
Merriman has made everyone from Roaf to Gallery look horrible, so i dont think the titans OLT will do anything even remotely close to stoping him
Titans Depth Chart

LT - 71 - Michael Roos

He's gonna have a LONG day this coming Sunday.

RipTheJacker

May 31, 2006
Shamrock said:
Titans Depth Chart

LT - 71 - Michael Roos

He's gonna have a LONG day this coming Sunday.
:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
Oh man, i cant wait for that. I guess Vince Young will be the titans starter sooner then anyone thought!

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
RipTheJacker said:
:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
Oh man, i cant wait for that. I guess Vince Young will be the titans starter sooner then anyone thought!
Michael Roos, that flash that you just saw out of your left eye was lights out on his way to decapitating your QB. That freight train that just hit you was him driving your azz back into Collins' grill.

M

matilack

boltssbbound said:
Michael Roos, that flash that you just saw out of your left eye was lights out on his way to decapitating your QB. That freight train that just hit you was him driving your azz back into Collins' grill.
I love it!!!
Merriman could easily end up the defensive NFL MVP if he continues to play like that!!!

Merrman On pace for 48 sacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL jp
Team on pace for 144!!!!!! LOL:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
OAKLAND, Calif. -- When Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said of his team, "things are crazy around here," he wasn't kidding.

Porter
The San Francisco Chronicle reported on its Web site that disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter who was inactive for the 27-0 drugging the Raiders absorbed from the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, was seen laughing and pumping his fist on the sidelines when Raiders teammate Aaron Brooks was sacked for the seventh time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

in_a_days

dgaf
Sep 8, 2006
vegas
All and all a spectacular performance by the Chargers D. But lets not get too comfortable boys. I'm all for having confidence in your team, but lets not forget that this is the NFL and the's guys are all professionals. Do I think the Titans are gonna beat us next week??? Hell no! But it's important that the boys prepare and gameplan as hard and as thoroghly as they would were they entering a playoff game.

Go Chargers!