NFL week 1

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I’ll be happier if they beat the FUDEANS. But for now good win!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Great to see an “Oakland Raider type crowd”. They're dinosaurs. The Vegas crowd will be totally different.
Min. Seats PSLs I think are $3,000. Expect a totally different 'nation' to show up.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Great to see an “Oakland Raider type crowd”. They're dinosaurs. The Vegas crowd will be totally different.
Min. Seats PSLs I think are $3,000. Expect a totally different 'nation' to show up.
Damn skippy.

It’s why the nfl will never be the same. The could give a fuck less about the average joe anymore. I would say at least 3/4 of the home games are half full nowadays. Nfl don’t care about me and you. It’s corporate dollars and corporate welfare they are after.

A good friend of mine bought several raider psl for the sole purpose of selling the tickets to the highest bidder every game. He told me that the majority of the psl sold were to investors who are in it to make money. The raider games will be at best 50/50 home/away fans going forward. But Davis don’t care cause his pocket is getting bigger.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Props to Davis. He is the big winner of the game of relocation bonanza. He gets a brand new stadium with minimal investment and gets a whole region to himself.

Stan has billions invested in a packed sports market and has to share his stadium with a whiny little bitch.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Damn skippy.

It’s why the nfl will never be the same. The could give a fuck less about the average joe anymore. I would say at least 3/4 of the home games are half full nowadays. Nfl don’t care about me and you. It’s corporate dollars and corporate welfare they are after.

A good friend of mine bought several raider psl for the sole purpose of selling the tickets to the highest bidder every game. He told me that the majority of the psl sold were to investors who are in it to make money. The raider games will be at best 50/50 home/away fans going forward. But Davis don’t care cause his pocket is getting bigger.
Preach it. This is a corporate game. Fans = Stadium debit reduction. You don't attend one game unless you get it through a ticket broker. Empty seats? Who cares? If we get the annual PSL money and prepaid 10 game tickets.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Anyone recall what I suggested before the 2018 draft? Trade Rivers, get picks, , draft Lamar Jackson, give your 2nd round to Seattle for Earl Thomas. Now the Chargers have a fine player in Derwin James, but he is a safety. And Thomas did get hurt but that's an unknown risk. And Lamar last week was playing the Dolphins. But if he was drafted, you'd have an exciting player, fan interest, and a potential winning SB team. But the Chuggers are and have always been conservative. The present team/front office is not good enough.

Go Lamar! Go Ravens!

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Anyone recall what I suggested before the 2018 draft? Trade Rivers, get picks, , draft Lamar Jackson, give your 2nd round to Seattle for Earl Thomas. Now the Chargers have a fine player in Derwin James, but he is a safety. And Thomas did get hurt but that's an unknown risk. And Lamar last week was playing the Dolphins. But if he was drafted, you'd have an exciting player, fan interest, and a potential winning SB team. But the Chuggers are and have always been conservative. The present team/front office is not good enough.

Go Lamar! Go Ravens!

I was on the bandwagon as well.

The difference was I said draft Sam darnold.

The theory behind are views is the same but satanos like the boldness to do such a move.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Raiders are going to landing soon. The Chiefs are more of test. Actually a Bar Exam.
And you know Raider fans have trouble passing any bar.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
The problem with ratings it’s not like football fans have a choice. The nfl pushes these crappy games on us. If cbs was smart they would show the best games.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
The problem is, why is everyone worried what other people are watching?

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I agree.

I just want the best games. I am not a fan of the rams or the chargers. I want the best games.
I wish they would make the Sunday Ticket available for all carriers or even make the games pay per view if not from the local area.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I agree.

I just want the best games. I am not a fan of the rams or the chargers. I want the best games.
yup, before LA got the Rams and then the Chuggers, the fans there just wanted the best games. Any neutral city, which SD is now, and likely where you are, should just want the best games shown. SD should not have to watch the spanii or the Rams unless those are the top matchups for the week in the 2 timeslots. Simple. I'm not a huge Ram fan although I'd like them to bury the chuggers for support in LA (which I think they do no matter what) and obviousy I hate the chuggers....so please give the fans of neutral cities something else where there is at least half an interesting storyline. Whatever.....truthfully I haven't watched one game yet. I have checked in on RedZone here and there for updates, that's it. I am too bored with the NFL to sit thru an entire game anymore.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Some say I do it this way, others say I do it that way, but I say I do it the other way.
—Harry Houdini
well it's a marvel you are actually able to still do it.