NFL week 1

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
30-3 NE in the 3rd qtr. Dominating the rest of the NFL again as usual. They already are making a statement. And AB isn't even playing yet LOL. They would beat the schit out of that crappy Chugger team that was playing today and barely squeaked by Indy. No contest, not even in the same league. AGAIN. I hope NE goes undefeated and everyone has to go thru NE in the playoffs again. LOL. FUDEAN.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
. LAC was gifted a game from what I read. Also nice to read that Carson was once again an away game.
Seriously?????? Carson was an away game against the Colts?????? Who don't really travel all that well????? LMAO. Do you have a link?

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
LosAngeles week one NFL TV rankings.
1.#Patriots-#Steelers
2.#Rams-#Panthers
3.#Cowboys-#Giants
4.#Chargers-#Colts
THEY. DON'T. CARE. And they never will. Spanos is a goof , they never wanted that guy in LA and they STILL don't. He needs to sell, someone buy and rebrand. Send the colors/name back to SD for the city to put in the museum or use when a real owner relocates or buys an expansion franchise. Someone like Tsai. Spanos is a poison pill, and not just in SoCal. The whole nation views the guy as a greedy putz who can't stop stepping on his own dick.

Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Stopped in to see if people were talking football....

For a group that hates the Chargers, it seems to be the only thing you want to talk about. :D

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005

For a group that hates the Chargers, it seems to be the only thing you want to talk about. :D
I’d like to talk about the how the Colt kicker channeled Nate the Great Keadimg and single handily handed the game to the **deans

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I’d like to talk about the how the Colt kicker channeled Nate the Great Keadimg and single handily handed the game to the **deans
Sure we can play the what if game.

What if he had made all of those...
What if King had not muffed the punt?
What if Hayward had not dropped the INT?
What if the Colt had not made a friggin beautiful running one handed INT of a TD pass?
What if your auntie Arline had a dangler?
What if Gilly was trapped under a heat lamp or featured at Fish house Vericruze on ice?

Vinatari has never missed 2 FGs and a PA in his career. I was shocked when it happened. Those were the breaks. If he had made them the game would have been different. Does not say that the Colts would have won but the game would have been played different. The Chargers D has some work to do, the second half they did not make the plays to get off the field. Chargers made enough plays to get lucky.

The crowd looked on TV to be about 50/50. The endzone looked like mostly Chargers, with the sidelines evenly populated. At one point the Colts fans had a loud chant of DEEEFENCE going while the Chargers O was on the field.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

Football? You wanna talk football??!

Okay, the Charger brand football team had less errors than the Colts. The run defense was horrendous. Tilley had 1 tackle.

Now, real football. You will never beat the Patriots. Never. If serious, trade Rivers, get draft picks, get new front office, spend money., lots of money.

Or just enjoy Charger brand football.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

What if the Colt had not made a friggin beautiful running one handed INT of a TD pass?
What if Gilly was trapped under a heat lamp or featured at Fish house Vericruze on ice?

Vinatari has never missed 2 FGs and a PA in his career. I was shocked when it happened. Those were the breaks. If he had made them the game would have been different. Does not say that the Colts would have won but the game would have been played different. The Chargers D has some work to do, the second half they did not make the plays to get off the field. Chargers made enough plays to get lucky.

The crowd looked on TV to be about 50/50. The endzone looked like mostly Chargers, with the sidelines evenly populated. At one point the Colts fans had a loud chant of DEEEFENCE going while the Chargers O was on the field.
If I were trapped under a heat lamp I'd just remove the f-ing thing and use it to burn Dean's pee pee off. On ice? I'd make sure Dean had some and he'd die of food poisoning 'cause I'd spike myself with arsenic. :p:D

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
If I were trapped under a heat lamp I'd just remove the f-ing thing and use it to burn Dean's pee pee off. On ice? I'd make sure Dean had some and he'd die of food poisoning 'cause I'd spike myself with arsenic. :p:D
Bull shit!
You would not be able to find something that small to burn it off! Not without a hefty investment in magnifying equipment.

Now you want Deano to eat you? ewwwewwewwewww Kinky is the fish man... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Week 1 of nfl... well what I saw of it through scoreboards and a few hours of the national televised games that were on all day and night. I went out last night when it was pats 10 zip. When I got back the score was 30 to 3. And I wasn't surprised in the least, it's the darling patriots. Same old boring league. The dolphins are tanking before the season starts? Wtf? I hope the players getting their agents involved to gtfo do get out of that nightmare organization. And AB screwing over Oakland.. :,(
I would say go fuck yourself nfl, but it looks like they are already trying to get in the position.

Other games i saw bits of were the noon ones. KC and surprise, the rams game, which I saw more of the latter since I had Olson for my te.

Now I need saints D to stay under 2.8 points to win week 1.

Last edited:

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
As I watched Mahomes play at a pass rating level of 143.2, I couldn't help but remember
our own little bloviator lecturing about how much KC would suffer if they went away from Smith... :roflmao:

Seeing Bell in a Jets uni was weird...he didn't seem to be taking nearly as long of his trademark
pause after being given the handoff. Played pretty well, despite unimpressive rushing totals.

My god, if the Pats destroy Steelers by 30 without AB...holy funk!! Gronk was one of the most
fun players to watch, but I didn't want him to play long enough to break Gates' record.

Last week I couldn't believe people were talking about Browns as a contender...and now...

Rams are interesting and fun to watch...but jury's still out on Gurley's injury and how they're using him.
Squeaking by Panthers was not super impressive.

As for the Chargers, if you need an career bad day from a place kicker, the actual retirement of the
their quarterback (!!!) and a coin toss to eke out an OT win at "home"...your Super Bowl hype is
probably off base...p.s. Gotta credit LAC for good running game: OL and RBs...let's hope it makes
front office idiots think they don't need Gordon...

It just won't feel right watching the Raiders without seeing AB out there in the silver and black
we've become so accustomed to. :p All kidding aside, I'm still not sure if he's just a d-bag, or
successfully played the system...be fun to see if Belichick can tame him. Receivers b crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: wrbanwal

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005

so, both teams suck

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man