New Chargers Unis Premiere Tomorrow

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
I guess the new unis look good. How many other teams went to a new uni this year? Maybe the brownies finally get to put a hound dog on their helmets?

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I guess the new unis look good. How many other teams went to a new uni this year? Maybe the brownies finally get to put a hound dog on their helmets?
Browns
Pats
Bucs
Rams
Chargers
Falcons
Colts

Nope on Brownies Helms...

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
Think I'm the only one on TPB that thinks this didn't live up to the hype. I prefer the navy uniforms over this shitty shade of blue. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, the shade of blue didn't change. That's a deal-breaker for me.
they don’t give you a tingle up your leg?

then don’t buy a fucking jersey and pay your bills for a change.

Reactions: wrbanwal

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
The OG throwbacks that we wore 2004? Were pretty cool, the not often white top, white bottoms.
I agree! I loved those.

Bought a Alsworth one of those last year.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
I never used the shade and the color of a team's uniform as terms in my deal as a fan!
You mean, you were ok with them putting a shitty product on the field, year after year, while all the time threatening to move the team and finally delivering on the threat by moving the team to a rival city just up the coast...but the shade of blue is what broke the deal for you??
No, it was a deal-breaker in wanting to buy any new merch.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
No, it was a deal-breaker in wanting to buy any new merch.
Yeah, I am not buying any new gear, unless the team start acting like they want to compete for a title.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
Yeah, I am not buying any new gear, unless the team start acting like they want to compete for a title.
I'm still wearing my Brees "real" powder blue jersey from about '04. This new electric blue sucks ass.

Only thing I've bought the last few years is a few off-color hats, gray & green. Almost bought a Bosa white jersey, but I"m afraid he's going to leave after next season, so I didn't pull the trigger. Maybe if we pick CeeDee Lamb, I'll get the new navy one.

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
And the only thing that pops to me on that charger Frankenstein (beyond everything) jersey is the Nike swoosh slammed all the way forward on the shoes. You know cause Nike is winning the race metaphor to sell shoes.

I can see it now, well hear the announcers will be looking to see if they got both swishes in bounds rather than saying feet.

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
The ones in the picture ARE the new ones.
I literally just pondered if I should have used green text because of this kind of response.

I was actually gonna ask jus what the fuck was even different about them vs the Reebok ones. But they look like what I see when your imagining the Cleveland Browns.

I will say Nike has been more aggressive in pushing out all kinds of NFL worn jersey variants. Color rush? I guess that's code for Cash Grab.

Reactions: handoverfist

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I literally just pondered if I should have used green text because of this kind of response.

I was actually gonna ask jus what the fuck was even different about them vs the Reebok ones. But they look like what I see when your imagining the Cleveland Browns.

I will say Nike has been more aggressive in pushing out all kinds of NFL worn jersey variants. Color rush? I guess that's code for Cash Grab.
I know. These look just like the 'new ones' last year, and the 'new ones' a year or two before that.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

Cleveland’s uniforms for the last five years looked like this:

5DD77444-CCE7-4B7F-A1B7-C25E98352DDC.jpeg

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
Overall, if I still supported this franchise, I would be very happy with the new uniforms.
(Okay, except for the ridiculous light blue numerals on the helmets: Black or don't do it).

This is my favorite set of uniforms since 1973...and first time we've seen the yellow pants in forever.

Not sure about the all dark set, until seen in action...but the rest, well, I think they're probably
the best in the league...and the Rams screwing theirs up ("Bone" ?!?) only makes LAC ones look better.

As much as I despise the Spanos family, I can concede that they got this one thing right.
But that only angers me more, since it's much closer to what San Diego fans asked for, for decades...
and just adds to the "Spanos disrespects SD" narrative even more. :mad:

So, no, I still don't forgive the assholes running this franchise 1%, and won't support them in any way.
I haven't posted in Chargers football threads lately because it still feels to me
(your milage will vary, and I understand "hate" watching & typing)
that giving them more than 1/32 of my league attention, feels like rewarding the asshole ownership.

Honestly, what I have seen of the team's roster...is better than I'd like
(since I still want the LAC experiment to spectacularly go down in flames).
In a vacuum, I would normally predict about an 11-5 record for a line-up like that. :oops:
But given the morale disadvantages of working for such shitty ownership,
plus no true "home" games on the schedule,
I expect (and hope) that they'll underperform woefully, to about 7-9.
(Though obviously QB play [Tie-Rod? Herbert? Cam?] :tdown: will be a huge wild card, here)
And if the Rams can stop stepping on their own dicks,
hopefully 7-9 is enough for LA to keep ignoring the LAC...

Last edited:
Reactions: Concudan

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Overall, if I still supported this franchise, I would be very happy with the new uniforms.
(Okay, except for the ridiculous light blue numerals on the helmets: Black or don't do it).

This is my favorite set of uniforms since 1973...and first time we've seen the yellow pants in forever.

Not sure about the all dark set, until seen in action...but the rest, well, I think they're probably
the best in the league...and the Rams screwing theirs up ("Bone" ?!?) only makes LAC ones look better.

As much as I despise the Spanos family, I can concede that they got this one thing right.
But that only angers me more, since it's much closer to what San Diego fans asked for for decades...
and just adds to the "Spanos disrespects SD" narrative even more. :mad:

So, no, I still don't forgive the assholes running this franchise 1%, and won't support them in any way.
I haven't posted in Chargers football threads lately because it still feels to me
(your milage will vary, and I understand "hate" watching & typing)
that giving them more than 1/32 of my league attention, feels like rewarding the asshole ownership.

Honestly, what I have seen of the team's roster...is better than I'd like
(since I still want the LAC experiment to spectacularly go down in flames).
In a vacuum, I would normally predict about an 11-5 record for a line-up like that. :oops:
But given the morale disadvantages of working for such shitty ownership,
plus no true "home" games on the schedule,
I expect (and hope) that they'll underperform woefully, to about 7-9.
(Though obviously QB play will be a huge wild card, here)
And if the Rams can stop stepping on their own dicks,
hopefully 7-9 is enough for LA to keep ignoring the LAC...
If there are 16 games this year, the L.A. Spanoses will lose them all. I don't know how familiar you are with L.A. fashion, but it works like this. If you are 0-16, your colors won't even be accepted at the Goodwill. If you win multiple championships every decade and get Jack Nicholson to buy season tickets, the average Angeleno would love to don your color scheme - even if it were the one found in the clogged toilet of an average SDSU frat party.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
If there are 16 games this year, the L.A. Spanoses will lose them all. I don't know how familiar you are with L.A. fashion, but it works like this. If you are 0-16, your colors won't even be accepted at the Goodwill. If you win multiple championships every decade and get Jack Nicholson to buy season tickets, the average Angeleno would love to don your color scheme - even if it were the one found in the clogged toilet of an average SDSU frat party.
I thought I saw somewhere that SDSU was threatening to move all "average frat parties" to Tijuana, unless San Diego city council members get down on their hands and knees, and unclog the toilets manually! :eek:

The Awesome frat parties will be allowed to continueUCSD!:sneaky: