New Chargers Unis Premiere Tomorrow

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
Has anyone heard about the new uniforms being shown tomorrow? Any ideas what they might look like? Apparently, the word is that it is going to be a different look, more powder blue. Your thoughts?

Pointy :cool:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
The word is 6:45 am they will reveal via their social network platforms. All kinds of speculation, the wildest rumors I’ve heard:

An alternate uniform that is mono grey with powder with gold accents (rip-off of the Fleet)

Powder blue helmet

All navy blue mono alternate uniform

They really don’t have to do much to make their uniforms sharp but knowing Spenis they’ll fuck it up. A big clue the uniform will be a disaster is the overbearing gushy praise from the players who have seen it - if a player loves it you can bet it’s a red flag.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Who gives two shits?
you taking about the deep shiit and dip shiit twins?

Many people are at a loss for a response when someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt." Now you can intellectually handle the situation.

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, a partner of Kneedeep &. Schitt Inc.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, and the deeply religious couple produced 6 children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins: Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' objections, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school drop out. After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.

Noe Schitt later married Mr. Sherlock, and because her kids were living with them she wanted to keep her previous name. She was known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.

Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a nervous son, Chicken Schitt.

Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens wedding.

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new bride, Piza Schitt.

So now if someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt", you can correct them. Not only do you know Jack, you know his whole family.

To which I replied:

"Actually, Jack Schitt is a character in Jasper Fforde's Eyre Affair and Lost in a Good Book. So I can proudly say I knew Jack before you knew Schitt."

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
simple made by a bunch of simpletons.
The logo, uniforms....another marketing joystick of the NFL and the AJ Spanos crowd.
Pastels. I bet the Raiders will go with softer silver shade and a more mellow dark coloring.
Chuggers colors will eventually mix together into puke.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The logo, uniforms....another marketing joystick of the NFL and the AJ Spanos crowd.
Pastels. I bet the Raiders will go with softer silver shade and a more mellow dark coloring.
Chuggers colors will eventually mix together into puke.
chuggers have pussy colors. baby blue.....that's what the spenises have done to the classic SD uniforms of the 60's. THOSE were the real kickass uni's ....black shoes...black numerals onthe side of the helmets with grey facemask and slightly off white helmet and yellow bolt with black outline. Kickass. These LA uni's as well as the owners are pussies.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
chuggers have pussy colors. baby blue.....that's what the spenises have done to the classic SD uniforms of the 60's. THOSE were the real kickass uni's ....black shoes...black numerals onthe side of the helmets with grey facemask and slightly off white helmet and yellow bolt with black outline. Kickass. These LA uni's as well as the owners are pussies.
Correct. A big misconception is those original 63 uniforms were powder blue - they were not. They were royal blue.
I am certain tomorrow’s uniform will not look anything close to being as good as the 63 set.
239C4670-2E20-4AC3-8BE4-70E1A748EC04.jpeg
8CE68013-2270-40AC-B86C-A85B58DA1A85.jpeg

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
yeah we all loved those simply because of Air Coryell and those legendary offenses. But still, not near as good as the 60's unis. Those old true throwbacks were correctly described by Chris "boomer" Berman as the best pro football uniforms in NFL history. He was right. Despite that, the dumbass spenises had to water down the real unis with their ridiculous idea of powder blues.....they let their ego control everything, having to override the collective wishes of the SD fans re what the throwbacks should look like. The same clowncar that came from Stockton moved on to LA. Nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
yeah we all loved those simply because of Air Coryell and those legendary offenses. But still, not near as good as the 60's unis. Those old true throwbacks were correctly described by Chris "boomer" Berman as the best pro football uniforms in NFL history. He was right. Despite that, the dumbass spenises had to water down the real unis with their ridiculous idea of powder blues.....they let their ego control everything, having to override the collective wishes of the SD fans re what the throwbacks should look like. The same clowncar that came from Stockton moved on to LA. Nothing has changed.
Is that a Chris Bermanifesto?

Fouts

Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
They look cool, way better than the upside down bolt ones. But Spanos run organization doesnt move the needle for me. Seems like we were asking for something like tbis in SD, and were constantly ignored.

Reactions: Fender57

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Chuggers are a desperate 'company' trying to 'market' aka shove themselves down Into
LA's ......

Cancel the season. Do everyone a favor.