• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NC Times: Aztecs hope they have sack man in Applewhite

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
SAN DIEGO ---- Long on promise, sleek and speedy Antwan Applewhite has a chance to become the sack artist the San Diego State defense desperately needs.

But August has been a month in which the sophomore has frequently missed practices. Studying intricate football details has taken second fiddle to making sure he is making the grade in his academic endeavors.

"I know what I have to do," Applewhite said recently. "I have to go to class, and I have to be a student-athlete. That's what I do. I go to class and then I come to practice. I handle my school business first and then I see where I fit in this defense."
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/08/23/sports/college/aztecs/82205191008.txt