NBA Free Agency 2019

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Brooklyn thinks they’re going to be the next Golden State dynasty, but they’re just going to be the next version of the Nets with Pierce and Garnett. Very probable Durant misses most if not all of the season, and Kyrie is a huge head case.
Agree...Durant probably won't be back till 2020-2021.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Horford for Kanter and Irving for Walker. Not too keen on losing Horford, but Kanter is an adequate replacement and is younger. Walker will be an asset chemistry-wise, Kyrie is an elite player but once he goes into headcase mode he becomes a problem.

The big wild card for Boston is Hayward - he absolutely has to get back to form for them to compete. Also looking for Tatum and especially Brown to elevate their game to the next level. So glad they hung onto Tatum, I was afraid they’d ship him to New Orleans for Davis - I think Tatum is going to be a superstar and I like his unselfish attitude.

And I like they hung onto Marcus Smart. Dude is tough and plays great defense. Will be interesting to see how they stack up to Philly and Brooklyn, the two new tough guys in the Atlantic (unless Toronto finds a way to hang onto Leonard) and ultimately Milwaukee, the top team in the East.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Kawhi is a clipper. boo...
yeah I with he hadn't hooked up with the Clippers ,,,,,,,too bad. They also got Paul George. That division is going to tighten up bigtime now. Sad to see our ex SDSU guy end up with that usually bumbling team. Not sure why he wanted there so badly....I think he wants to be THE guy wherever he goes and didn't want to be second fiddle on the Lakeshow or any other team. Wish him well personally he deserves it, a hard worker, just with some other team had benefitted other than say Golden State. He shoulda gone somewhere where there is history and better odds of winning a crown....but maybe he figures he'll MAKE history with the Clippers. I just don't like that team, always had a bad taste in my mouth for them based on history with SD. It never goes away really, not as bad as the dumbass spanos but still bad enough.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
yeah I with he hadn't hooked up with the Clippers ,,,,,,,too bad. They also got Paul George. That division is going to tighten up bigtime now. Sad to see our ex SDSU guy end up with that usually bumbling team. Not sure why he wanted there so badly....I think he wants to be THE guy wherever he goes and didn't want to be second fiddle on the Lakeshow or any other team. Wish him well personally he deserves it, a hard worker, just with some other team had benefitted other than say Golden State. He shoulda gone somewhere where there is history and better odds of winning a crown....but maybe he figures he'll MAKE history with the Clippers. I just don't like that team, always had a bad taste in my mouth for them based on history with SD. It never goes away really, not as bad as the dumbass spanos but still bad enough.
Yeah, he knows LeBron is a tool (not to mention aging) and he is from LA so the Clipboards are as good as team as any to take in the dough.

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
NBA West is wide open. Glad at least that Kawhi didn't end up wth the Lakers. I'd be super excited if I remained a Clippers fan. But I roll with the Blazers going now. So go RipCity!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Check out the Celtics 7’7” center Tacko Fall. Dude doesn’t even have to jump to dunk it.