• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nationals vs. Padres

rexy2006

SD: RHP Chris Young (9-4, 3.57)
Young posted a 2-1 record in July, striking out 24 while walking just seven in 26 2/3 innings.
WAS: RHP Ramon Ortiz (7-9, 4.84)
The right-hander finished July with a 4.03 ERA, his best month so far this season. Player to watch
Dave Roberts has been the catalyst of the Padres' offense all season, and he has given Ortiz trouble in the past. Roberts has hit .357 lifetime (5-for-14) against the right-hander with two home runs, one double and six RBIs.

Going to tonight and tomorrow's games.
The Padres will win.

:icon_banana: GO PADRES!:icon_banana:

SDRaiderH8er

rexy2006 said:
SD: RHP Chris Young (9-4, 3.57)
Young posted a 2-1 record in July, striking out 24 while walking just seven in 26 2/3 innings.
WAS: RHP Ramon Ortiz (7-9, 4.84)
The right-hander finished July with a 4.03 ERA, his best month so far this season. Player to watch
Dave Roberts has been the catalyst of the Padres' offense all season, and he has given Ortiz trouble in the past. Roberts has hit .357 lifetime (5-for-14) against the right-hander with two home runs, one double and six RBIs.

Going to tonight and tomorrow's games.
The Padres will win.

:icon_banana: GO PADRES!:icon_banana:

:icon_toast: I'll buy

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Montreal had baseball fever in '94 and the lockout screwed us we were like 74-30 and all our players left on a firesale the year after. It's entirely the MLB's fault MTL loves the Expos we have diehard fans, you think there would be a little sympathy coming from two guys whose favorite football team is still facing extinction, although to a lesser degree. I was once at a game with 920 people and those were ticket sales not the actual attendence. There must have been like 175 people there. I got 18 BP balls.

SDRaiderH8er

MtlBoltsFan said:
Montreal had baseball fever in '94 and the lockout screwed us we were like 74-30 and all our players left on a firesale the year after. It's entirely the MLB's fault MTL loves the Expos we have diehard fans, you think there would be a little sympathy coming from two guys whose favorite football team is still facing extinction, although to a lesser degree. I was once at a game with 920 people and those were ticket sales not the actual attendence. There must have been like 175 people there. I got 18 BP balls.

Tony Gwynn was on a .400 BA clip that year.

rexy2006

SDRaiderH8er said:
I have 2 extra tickets for tonights game, anyone want to go and see the Padres tonight?
It was great meeting you and your son! We kept chatting and he kept running around!:yes:

Sorry you have to go away and miss the first preseason game!

Although I am happy because the PADRES WON! Woo hoo!:icon_banana:

SDRaiderH8er

rexy2006 said:
It was great meeting you and your son! We kept chatting and he kept running around!:yes:

Sorry you have to go away and miss the first preseason game!

Although I am happy because the PADRES WON! Woo hoo!:icon_banana:
And that feeling was mutual!

And those Padres have a 2 Game lead

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/standings/index.jsp

My oldest came by this morning, hopefully I can get home early otherwise I will not be able to watch in person another game in person this season. Post season is an entirely different subject!