Most promising young wr

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who is the most promising yougn wr for the Chargers

  • Malcolm Floyd

    Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Vincent Jackson

    Votes: 22 56.4%

  • Total voters
    39

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,917
1,827
350
San Diego, CA
Most promising youn wr

MasterOfPuppets said:
who do you guys think is going to be a better wr for the Chargers? after 4 games I'm thinking Floyd is the guy
Floyd is starting to get better but I don't know if he's omre then a jump ball reciever
I still have faith in Jackson
 

T10

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2005
252
22
100
Both receivers have a chance to be solid. Right now, Floyd has the edge. The guy catches everything thats thrown to him.
 

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
229
14
100
44
Most promising youn wr

Floyd seems to be proving it more right now.... so I selected him.... but Rivers has missed VJ on a couple of sure TDs thus far.... either way, it looks like we are set at WR.... Parker es en fuego!
 

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
Aug 8, 2006
3,284
347
290
47
Tijuana, Mexico
Most promising youn wr

glutton4Bolts said:
either way, it looks like we are set at WR
let's see...

M. Floyd - 2nd year (or third or first depending how you count beign in the practice squad)

V. Jackson - 2nd. year
E. Parker - 5th year
A. Gates - 4th year

And throwing to them

P. Rivers - 3rd. year

yeah, I'd say we're set :tup:
 

Boltjolt

Well-Known Member
Jun 18, 2006
4,538
341
310
Las Vegas, NV
Ill say this. Floyd and Osgood are the same height and we NEVER used Osgood on plays like that. Floyd is getting playing time and Osgood isnt. I still dont see why we signed Osgood to a 4 year deal to play ST's.....not that his cap hit is going to be a big one.

Floyd has very good hands but i think VJ will be more of a go to guy as time goes on.

I still want Calvin Johnson in the next draft :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: PhillyChargerFan

Shamrock

Well-Known Member
Jun 18, 2006
11,141
1,167
350
55
Osgood can't get separation, and can't get elevation like we saw Floyd do tonight.
 

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
9,262
301
340
17
Jackson is a great blocker. Faster, better route runner, range and so on...

Don't know about his jump ball ability really but I assume it's decent. More of a guy who stays in motion and catches on the run. Haven't seen Floyd do that.
 

Thunderstruck

BoltTalker
Aug 16, 2006
1,938
268
240
48
It looks like Floyd is something of a one-trick pony at the moment...get him matched up in man and loft the ball to him downfield. It's effective, but I want to see him make a few more of the bread-and-butter type receptions before I'm ready to anoint him as a potenital all-around threat.

VJ is still figuring out how to get open in the NFL but he's running a lot more of the bread-and-butter type routes. He'll figure it out and it'll pay dividends down the road. The Chargers are starting to figure out what they have in Philip Rivers, and I think it will only take a couple big plays before they start calling #83 a bit more often.

Trust me. I have a sense for these things. I told people very early last season that Michael Turner was for real, and now everyone's starting to see just what a genius I am. :icon_banana:

I'm also humble.
 

Shamrock

Well-Known Member
Jun 18, 2006
11,141
1,167
350
55
Thunderstruck said:
Trust me. I have a sense for these things. I told people very early last season that Michael Turner was for real, and now everyone's starting to see just what a genius I am. :icon_banana:

I'm also humble.
Wow ! How can we squeeze you in through the door when MTL and Leisure already have the humility award engraved in their names? :lol:

Floyd being a one trick pony at this point isn't bad. He can run off the coverage and make the defense put a bigger DB on him, or have coverage rolled to his side to prevent the fade jump ball. That opens other spots for the rest of the eligible receivers. If a team starts worrying about Floyd, then Gates, Manu, LT, VJ, Parker, McCardell, or whoever else is in the package just got less attention.
 

HollywoodLeo

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
14,837
1,032
350
38
Boltjolt said:
Ill say this. Floyd and Osgood are the same height and we NEVER used Osgood on plays like that. Floyd is getting playing time and Osgood isnt. I still dont see why we signed Osgood to a 4 year deal to play ST's.....not that his cap hit is going to be a big one.

Floyd has very good hands but i think VJ will be more of a go to guy as time goes on.

I still want Calvin Johnson in the next draft :D
probably because Osgood is good at STs, but maybe not so much at running routes and catching the ball?

Does Osgood get so much unwarrented love due to hailing from SDSU?
 

Dublin Bolt

BoltTalker
Aug 12, 2006
4,679
340
310
49
Dublin, Oul Sod.
cranberry said:
Floyd has very good hands but i think VJ will be more of a go to guy as time goes on.

]
:tup:
That's it. Floyd got the TDs. But in the long run and without injuries Vincent Jackson will be more important to throw at.
Hey even though it pains me to say it I have to believe VJ will be the better in the long run provided he stays healthy. I watched the interview with My Man Malcom (3M), he's like a little boy all shy and reserved. While I'm not advocating he turn into TO or Moss he needs to be a bit more assertive and confident in his own ability. I guess the same goes for VJ. I noticed VJ having some really good blocks last nite, tight end like blocks in fact. Once he starts catching it watch out, I'm looking forward to him getting it at full tilt running at the opposition secondary where he can inflict some pain.

But hey u can't argue with 2 TDs, well done 3M looking forward to more now, u got Sammy Davis this week eesy peesy.:tup:
 
  • Like
Reactions: BFISA

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
Most promising youn wr

PostAnteaterCharger said:
Floyd is starting to get better but I don't know if he's omre then a jump ball reciever
I still have faith in Jackson
He didn't hafta out-jump anybody vs the Ravens.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
T10 said:
Both receivers have a chance to be solid. Right now, Floyd has the edge. The guy catches everything thats thrown to him.
He definitely issa weapon!!:tup:
 

in_a_days

dgaf
Sep 8, 2006
7,733
966
350
vegas
Dublin Bolt said:
But hey u can't argue with 2 TDs, well done 3M looking forward to more now, u got Sammy Davis this week eesy peesy.:tup:
Dood, that totally slipped my mind! Looks like he's listed as their nickleback, I would love to see us scorch ol' Sammy for a quick 6!
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
Shamrock said:
Wow ! How can we squeeze you in through the door when MTL and Leisure already have the humility award engraved in their names? :lol:

Floyd being a one trick pony at this point isn't bad. He can run off the coverage and make the defense put a bigger DB on him, or have coverage rolled to his side to prevent the fade jump ball. That opens other spots for the rest of the eligible receivers. If a team starts worrying about Floyd, then Gates, Manu, LT, VJ, Parker, McCardell, or whoever else is in the package just got less attention.
word...on Gates' TD, Manu was down there as well!!
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,917
1,827
350
San Diego, CA
Most promising youn wr

BFISA said:
He didn't hafta out-jump anybody vs the Ravens.
granted but what he's good at is what we saw against the steelers. And that's what you think about any reciever over 6'4 with decent jumping ability; that they are best at going up and getting it.
Larry Fitzgerald is more talented then either Floyd or Jackson but they still use him in Arizona for high-ball
 

TJBOLT

Well-Known Member
Jul 31, 2006
310
18
110
Malcom its going to be a Chris Carter type like Body Ryan said only catches TD and VJ has ran some good rutes and will become a monter in the midle like MIcheal Irving
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
Jun 16, 2006
7,003
735
350
43
Shamrock said:
Wow ! How can we squeeze you in through the door when MTL and Leisure already have the humility award engraved in their names? :lol:

Floyd being a one trick pony at this point isn't bad. He can run off the coverage and make the defense put a bigger DB on him, or have coverage rolled to his side to prevent the fade jump ball. That opens other spots for the rest of the eligible receivers. If a team starts worrying about Floyd, then Gates, Manu, LT, VJ, Parker, McCardell, or whoever else is in the package just got less attention.
I'm more worried about how we can squeeze him in the door physically, since we all know that the mysterious MTL and Leisure are both parliament smoking, mumu wearing mega fat chicks who will have to have the sides of their houses removed should either of them ever decide to leave the house.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BFISA

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
9,262
301
340
17
boltssbbound said:
I'm more worried about how we can squeeze him in the door physically, since we all know that the mysterious MTL and Leisure are both parliament smoking, mumu wearing mega fat chicks who will have to have the sides of their houses removed should either of them ever decide to leave the house.
I thought we are friends?

 

compubolt

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2005
823
178
180
Jackson needs to get past the injury bug, once he can do that I think he has a better overall career then floyd. Jackson is more then just a jump ball TD catcher, he can block, run a deep route and catch in traffic. Not sayin floyd can;t, just sayin jackson I think is better at that part of the game...... Poor Poor osgood, looks like he will keep getting paid really well to play ST.
 

Boltjolt

Well-Known Member
Jun 18, 2006
4,538
341
310
Las Vegas, NV
Shamrock said:
Wow ! How can we squeeze you in through the door when MTL and Leisure already have the humility award engraved in their names? :lol:

Floyd being a one trick pony at this point isn't bad. He can run off the coverage and make the defense put a bigger DB on him, or have coverage rolled to his side to prevent the fade jump ball. That opens other spots for the rest of the eligible receivers. If a team starts worrying about Floyd, then Gates, Manu, LT, VJ, Parker, McCardell, or whoever else is in the package just got less attention.
Hec i said Turner was going to be a stud when he was a rookie.
I said many times that Chatman would get the hook after the 2004 season.

nobody ever listens to me

I still love LT but Turner sure puts on the better show these days.
They need to stop running LT up the middle so much and have him run off tackle and sweeps more.
 

Kitsune-udon

BoltTalker
Sep 17, 2006
153
3
90
41
Boltjolt said:
Hec i said Turner was going to be a stud when he was a rookie.
I said many times that Chatman would get the hook after the 2004 season.

nobody ever listens to me

I still love LT but Turner sure puts on the better show these days.
They need to stop running LT up the middle so much and have him run off tackle and sweeps more.
The reason LT is having problem is because defences gameplan around him. They havn't been taking Turner into account yet. More 2 RB sets will change that as we can run with either guy and hopefully will send the opposing teams D into a loop. It'd be even better if we passed on those sets just to keep them thinking.
 

gobolts_charger

BoltTalker
Aug 6, 2006
71
11
80
49
Floyd & Jackson baby!!

I love what I'm seeing in Floyd...he seems to be making big catches when we need him to.
Jackson on the other hand is someone I believe we are grooming in there for some dangerous production in the time to come!! McCardell is getting close to the end of a great career (but not quite done yet) & Jackson is his replacement so he's learning!!
Yeah...we're good at the receiver sets finally!!

Go Bolts!!:bolt: :icon_banana: