Merriman waits decision on appeal

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/merriman-waits-decision.htm

By Casey Pearce

A disappointed Shawne Merriman and his attorney met with the San Diego media Monday afternoon in attempt to shed some light on recent reports involving Merriman and the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

According to David Cornwell, Merriman’s attorney, the Chargers’ second-year linebacker has been notified that he has tested positive for a banned substance but has not yet been suspended due to a pending appeal process.

“The reason that we’re here today is that someone breached the confidentiality provisions of the National Football League’s policy for which there is a ($500,000) fine,” Cornwell said. “Under the program, a player is notified of a violation. In order to find out the specifics of the violation, the player must file an appeal first. So we’ve done that. We’ve not yet received the documents relating to the alleged violation, and until we do, there is not much I can say about it.”

tboltzcali

Sep 14, 2005
there is something wrong with this whole incident. The accusations do not seem strong. I think he doesnt get suspended.

Electric Chair

May 23, 2006
tboltzcali said:
I think if he doesnt, then they will reduce the number of games.
It's written in stone. First offense = four games. This ain't baseball after a player charges the mound.

Thread_Killer

Feb 6, 2006
tboltzcali said:
there is something wrong with this whole incident. The accusations do not seem strong. I think he doesnt get suspended.
If Shawne wins his appeal, I will sign my batting glove and mail it to you.