Merriman Quote

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
It’s been said that imitation is the truest form of flattery. If that’s so, Shawne Merriman should be blushing today. On several occasions Sunday night, Steelers players including Najeh Davenport and Joey Porter, mocked Merriman’s “Lights Out” dance following big plays.

“A couple guys tried to do it,” Merriman said. “They came close. It wasn’t there yet. Maybe I’ll send Joey Porter a Lights Out t-shirt for imitating my dance.”

:icon_rofl:

LT-Express

Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06'
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 4, 2006
CIncinnati, OH
mapcap55 said:
:icon_rofl:
Yeah they were not close...It was kinda comical to see Joey Porter screw it up, he was terrible at it. I did like to see LT stiff arm his ass though, now that was funny.

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Joey Porter--one of the most overrated LBs in the league. He dominates lesser competition, but completely disappears against good tackles.

bigcarson50

Sep 21, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
but i did see Phillips for one sack do that "kick the ground up" dance that Porter does
he can do that since he actually outplayed Porter.

anger management

Sep 1, 2006
boltssbbound said:
Joey Porter--one of the most overrated LBs in the league. He dominates lesser competition, but completely disappears against good tackles.
It's his big mouth that gets him his reputation with the media. They love it.

To me, I just see a good player with a big mouth. Not a dominant player that backs it up.

:bolt: