Merriman is gonna be a monster this year!!!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Adding 10 pounds of muscle and losing some major body fat. Dude is getting serious. Teams are going to have to scheme against him, then that frees up Foley. I still think Merriman leads in sacks this year!

Shawne Merriman: Improved Fitness

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Update: Merriman has added 10 pounds of muscle while trimming body fat this offseason, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

Recommendation: Last year, he arrived in camp a bit out of shape, and it likely contributed to a series of minor injuries throughout the season. But despite the nagging aches and pains, Merriman still put together an impressive rookie campaign with 10 sacks and seven tackles for loss, and he vows that this season will be better. "I don't think I played that well (last season) compared to what I can do." Merriman said. "I'm going to be a lot better this year. It's not even going to be close."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-hawneerrimanmprovedi&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

vachargerfan

Jan 23, 2006
He is such a beast. I am so glad we drafted him. He was one of 2 I wanted at his spot. I knew he was going to be better then ware. i think LB'er need to have a nasty streak, and Merriman plays with that

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
Wonder how Plummer, Brooks and Trent Green are taking this news
With pleanty of Pepsid AC.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
PostAnteaterCharger said:
Wonder how Plummer, Brooks and Trent Green are taking this news
I'm sure they ain't liking it one bit. This will help Foley out a bunch too. They will be designing their blocking schemes so that they know where Merriman os coming from. Foley will kill them. :icon_banana:

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006
Our defense is going to be friggin raw and I can't wait. Merriman is going to hurt some people and I agree about the benefits to Foley (one of my favorite Chargers). :tup:

ChargerLover

BoltTalker
May 28, 2006
Not to shabby...

Shawne Merriman, the NFL's defensive rookie of the year, has had a busy offseason. But for the 272-pound linebacker, the highlight has been working out in the weight room.

"I dropped my body fat from 13 percent to 4 percent," he said.
4 percent?? I feel sorry for the guys he hits.... Wait, no I dont....

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Thumper said:
Adding 10 pounds of muscle and losing some major body fat. Dude is getting serious. Teams are going to have to scheme against him, then that frees up Foley. I still think Merriman leads in sacks this year!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-hawneerrimanmprovedi&prov=rotowire&type=lgns
Dude dropped 9% body fat in a few months without losing any weight? That's ****ing sick. 9% is about 25 pounds of body fat, and he replaced it with 25 pounds of muscle.

This guy is going to be a finalist for defensive MVP this season. He is as hungry as any player out there.

Reactions: BFISA