Merriman injury: Achilles?

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006

Chargers | Merriman injured during practice Thursday
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 20:13:36 -0700

San Diego Chargers LB Shawne Merriman (Achilles') was pulled out of a team drill toward the end of practice Thursday, Oct. 5 with an Achilles' tendon injury. He is expected to play Week 5 and his injury is not considered serious.

Reactions: Boltdiehard

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
It's not serious:

Merriman's injury no sweat: Don't get panicky about the Chargers adding linebacker Shawne Merriman on the injury report as questionable with an Achilles problem. It's a minor problem. Merriman was joking around after practice. The Achilles problem is something that flares up every now and then and dates back to last year. He is expected to play the Sunday night game against the Steelers.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog..._john#20061005

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
ntman68 said:
I was just trying to point out that sometimes those reports aren't always what they seem.
Sorry dude, Krause gets me frustrated. I used to imagine 2 TE sets with him and Gates. But the guy can't stay healthy for whatever reason...

M

matilack

exodus said:
Shawne, do some strectches. We need you man.
I dont want him to rush back though, it could make it a LOT worse. If he can just play this sunday at 90% we might sit him against San Fran.