• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

McNeill's Surgery

From USA Today Inside Slant

PLAYER NOTES

—LT Marcus McNeill underwent surgery Monday to insert a pin in his broken right hand; he aggravated the injury against the 49ers. McNeill will wear a heavy pad in practice and play on Sunday, according to the club. McNeill underwent a similar procedure when breaking his left hand during the preseason.

—LT Roman Oben (foot) is eligible to come off the PUP list and start practicing if the club chooses.

—S Bhawoh Jue (knee) could be eased into practice this week.

—RT Shane Olivea (knee) appears to have dodged a close call with a serious injury. He got tangled up in a pile at Sunday's game and had to be helped from the field. But the Chargers are saying he will practice this week.

—Rookie QB Charlie Whitehurst took his first NFL snap and it was a kneel-down to end Sunday's game. Whitehurst has held off veteran Billy Volek for the backup job.

—ILB Tim Dobbins will be nursing sore ribs this week. Dobbins is a key special teams player and could be a future starter.

!~BOLT~!

in_a_days said:
Didn't Whitehurst take his first snap in the Titans game? :icon_huh:
:icon_huh: :icon_shrug: and didn't he already score on his first successful bootleg?:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

bigcarson50

Man sports guys are being really bad about NFL firsts for the Chargers. In the Ravens game after Floyd caught his TD, they put up a stat on the TV that said it was his first NFL TD catch (it was his first since he caught Rivers first TD pass back in 2004).

foober

BoltTalker
jUst a guess. But they're gonna have to give mcniel more vitamins or something to strengthen his bone system. We want this kid around for at least 10 more years.

in_a_days said:
Didn't Whitehurst take his first snap in the Titans game? :icon_huh:
Yes, he also ran in a TD. USA Today is dead wrong. They also say that because he took the kneel down he has held off Volek for the backup QB spot. That isn't true either.

Thumper said:
Yes, he also ran in a TD. USA Today is dead wrong. They also say that because he took the kneel down he has held off Volek for the backup QB spot. That isn't true either.
I dunno... it was an EXCELLENT kneel down! :rolleyes2:

megold0715

correction my friend charlie whitehurst came in on the home opener and ran a touchdown in in the last minutes of the game i was there flew cross country for that one early sunday and flew home after the game

Shamrock said:
I'm glad McNeill isn't Fonoti. Fatnoti would have already been on IR .... for the last broken bone in his hand.
Fonoti would have sued for workman's comp and retired.

I honestly wonder how dominant McNeill is going to be when he finally gets to play with two working hands. I mean, it's not like the guy has struggled...

Thunderstruck said:
Fonoti would have sued for workman's comp and retired.

I honestly wonder how dominant McNeill is going to be when he finally gets to play with two working hands. I mean, it's not like the guy has struggled...
:icon_eek: McNeill is dominant now.:icon_eek:

:icon_eek: It is going to be very scary to see what he can do with both of his hands intact and 100%.:icon_eek: