McNeil is tabbed as AFC Offensive Rookie of the Month

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Glad to see that someone has recognized the accomplishment of the big boy. He's been awesome. :tup:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
I am happy for the dude. He is locking down his spot and hauls ass in space. Now give me a clone like that at Right Tackle and I am happier. :yes:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
Anyone want to admit that they hated getting McNeil in the draft
Yes I will admit I could not tell how he would translate to the NFL and considered him to have an increased bust factor. Chances are that if he landed on the Raiders he would suck now. He is only as good as his coaching and I was the first person on the UT to officially pimp Jack Henry. Everything is relative. But hay Shammy never pimped Henry so everyone attack him. YOU SUCK SHAMMY FU GODDAMNIT MCNEILL RULEZ!!!11

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Ride The Lightning said:
If that isn't a huge STFU to all the people who were whining a week ago that McNeill wasn't getting any love from the league or national media I don't know what is.

WTG Marcus.

:bolt:AJ is GOD!:bolt:
Actually, I think it validates their complaints. Douche bag writers for PFW and CNNSI don't even list Marcus in the top 10 of NFL rookies, but the NFL recognizes him as the best rookie in the AFC.

To me, this is a STFU to you, who complained about the complainers. :yes:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
glutton4Bolts said:
That's my boy!!!! I am so proud of how my 747 has been doing so far. Thanks to AJ for bringing him in..... he is truely a joy to have as an adopted son. Viva la Revolucion!
Get Thumper to get your SIG up as adopted parent !!!

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
Last year because I and most everyone knew we needed a future left tackle I kept watching mcniel play last year at auburn. He was good at pass blocking but had trouble with run blocking somewhat from what I saw. And then his back problem issue was brought up. So I just wasn't too sure about him as a canidate. Then A.j. grabbed him. Knowing A.j. I had to come to the conclusion that Mcneil must have some good things going for him. What I didn't realize is how much of an upside he has. Gigantic upside. When I read that story that he couldn't work out that much at Auburn and that his coaching was very limited because of that it occured to me that mcneil was a very unfinished product. My only worry for him will be his back. If they can keep that under control he should wind up the steal of the 2006 draft. Which he's already proving to be.:yes:

BoltsFanUK

Sep 12, 2006
Kettering England
i'm glad he is finally getting some recognision for how well he has done so far, hes next test is in the form of the Baltimore ravens D.

I'll be able to watch the Bolts play the Ravens on Sky

GO BOLTS!!!:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
Aug 8, 2006
Tijuana, Mexico
I'm glad that he's playing well, but...

let me play booman for a while

it's been only 2 games againts weak opposition (I didn't see the raiders game so I don't know if he lined up against Burgess or not), if he can play well againts the Ravens and Steelers defenses then I'll be completely convinced

Go Bolts! :icon_eek:

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
MasterOfPuppets said:
I'm glad that he's playing well, but...

let me play booman for a while

it's been only 2 games againts weak opposition (I didn't see the raiders game so I don't know if he lined up against Burgess or not), if he can play well againts the Ravens and Steelers defenses then I'll be completely convinced

Go Bolts! :icon_eek:
LOL!.... Please dont.....

Oh ye of little faith, the 747 is the real deal. My boy will dispense of all doubts after he shuts down the Crows on sunday.

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
This is going to be a stretch from me but if McNeill plays like this thoughout the season I would think that he should be a candidate for OROY.:icon_eek:

747 everyone get on board the Mcneill Airbus to the Super Bowl.:tup: :yes: :icon_banana: :icon_toast:

That is my opinion.

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
glutton4Bolts said:
LOL!.... Please dont.....

Oh ye of little faith, the 747 is the real deal. My boy will dispense of all doubts after he shuts down the Crows on sunday.
Preach on brother.:tup:

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
boltssbbound said:
Preach on brother.:tup:
Indeed! The 747 allowed something like one sack in his entire collegiate career.... and that was against some pretty stiff competition. I think he is on his way to becoming a true shutdown LOT.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
glutton4Bolts said:
Indeed! The 747 allowed something like one sack in his entire collegiate career.... and that was against some pretty stiff competition. I think he is on his way to becoming a true shutdown LOT.
I do remember saying that McNeil had the best/second best pedigree in the draft because of who/what he had blocked from.:tup: GO ME!

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
I do remember saying that McNeil had the best/second best pedigree in the draft because of who/what he had blocked from.:tup: GO ME!
And ye shall be repped for it.....