McCree Article on SDUT

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

in_a_days

dgaf
Sep 8, 2006
vegas
Link

Astute investment in safety Marlon McCree has paid off in big way
By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
November 2, 2006

Marlon McCree went to look at houses last night.

He feels confident he is staying here awhile. Finally.

McCree has never been in an NFL city long enough, or with enough money, to invest in the local real estate.

“I had become so accustomed to hearing all the 'but that' and 'but this' about myself,” McCree said. “I've been underrated year after year after year. They've always found a way to discount me.”

No longer.

The Chargers made one significant free-agent signing this offseason, investing big money in a journeyman safety.

click the link @ the top for the whole article...

Reactions: Kwak

Kwak

May 25, 2006
in_a_days said:
Link

Astute investment in safety Marlon McCree has paid off in big way
By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
November 2, 2006

Marlon McCree went to look at houses last night.

He feels confident he is staying here awhile. Finally.

McCree has never been in an NFL city long enough, or with enough money, to invest in the local real estate.

“I had become so accustomed to hearing all the 'but that' and 'but this' about myself,” McCree said. “I've been underrated year after year after year. They've always found a way to discount me.”

No longer.

The Chargers made one significant free-agent signing this offseason, investing big money in a journeyman safety.

click the link @ the top for the whole article...
Thanks for posting this about my adopted one! He has been a major improvement over what we had at FS the past few years!! :tup:

“As a group we've grown up,” cornerback Quentin Jammer said. “In order to be the best, we've got to put our egos aside, and we've got to take direction from somewhere. Marlon came in and kind of took it upon himself to be that guy. The thing is, Marlon doesn't want to be in charge. Marlon wants everybody else to kind of do it. But he can't help himself. He's a natural leader.”

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Very solid article. McCree has made every player in the secondary better with his leadership and work ethic.