• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT vs. LJ

#1
Many of the sports shows on tv have been debating this all week and I'm happy to say that most of the hosts have chosen LT. It's no secret who most of us would pick but I'm interested in why. I think LT is a better athlete and a better person, plus the fact that LJ just gets on my nerves. Everytime he makes it into the end zone, he acts like he's not getting paid to do so. LT acts like he's been there before, he'll probably be there another 50-60 times this season so KC fans better get used to it. :icon_tease:
 
M

matilack

Guest
#2
Ive heard this argument a lot today, one guy who suggested LJ was better on the radio got his *** chewed by the host.
Everyone knows LT is the best player in the NFL not named Payton Manning.

Question: Can you line LJ up in the slot? Can you line LJ up as the actuall #2 reciever?

Answer: HELL NO.
 
#3
No matter what sport you're talking about, it is always difficult to pick "the best" player.... but I'll bet that 100% of the GMs and coaches out there would pick LT over Johnson to be their number one running back.

Anybody still wish we had picked Michael Vick? :icon_rofl:
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#4
Even Larry Johnson himself said L.T. was the best RB in football.

He said it on today's interview on ESPN's "First and Ten".

L.J. said that L.T. was a better slot back and receiver than he was and had better cutting ability. L.J. said he wanted to improve himself to be as good as L.T. in that regard.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#5
LJ's a damn good #2 though
and above all else, he's a hellof a lot harder to get down once contact's made
LT avoids contact and can't be caught
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#6
PostAnteaterCharger said:
LJ's a damn good #2 though
and above all else, he's a hellof a lot harder to get down once contact's made
LT avoids contact and can't be caught
Yeah. Some people think that's a weakness, that LT avoids contact.

What I know is that 5 years from now, L.T. will still be chugging along, getting 1400+ yards and 20 TDs a year, while L.J., with all that contact, will be in and out of hospitals with the injuries he'll be piling up.
 
#7
WonderSlug said:
Even Larry Johnson himself said L.T. was the best RB in football.

He said it on today's interview on ESPN's "First and Ten".

L.J. said that L.T. was a better slot back and receiver than he was and had better cutting ability. L.J. said he wanted to improve himself to be as good as L.T. in that regard.

At least he knows it...
 
#8
did y'all hear stu scott last night? quote: "lt is hands down the best rb in the nfl" but somehow people have the mother fuggin nerve to say he's "lost a step":tdown:
 

Thread_Killer

Well-Known Member
#9
Why did LT run out of bounds after his 41 yard run in the 4th quarter? There was 4:05 left, and we were only up by six. If he was afraid of contact, then at least fall down and let the clock run.

Yeah, we scored a TD two plays later, but we could've just as easily given Cleveland the ball back with plenty of time to steal that game away from us.

All that said, I would take LT over LJ any day, but this running out of bounds stuff is a legitimate gripe.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#10
Thread_Killer said:
Why did LT run out of bounds after his 41 yard run in the 4th quarter? There was 4:05 left, and we were only up by six. If he was afraid of contact, then at least fall down and let the clock run.

Yeah, we scored a TD two plays later, but we could've just as easily given Cleveland the ball back with plenty of time to steal that game away from us.

All that said, I would take LT over LJ any day, but this running out of bounds stuff is a legitimate gripe.
And when he's still breaking off 41 yard runs, and going out of bounds, in his 12th season while other RBs in their 12th season are being readied for their fourth knee or shoulder surgery, you'll call it smart.
 

Top