Looks Like Brady to Chargers Most Likely

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I will believe it when I see it.

Let's replace one non-mobile QB with another non-mobile QB.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
Rivers to Colts
Bridgewater to Panthers

Hopefully the Bears want Bonnet Boy. Thought they were getting Bridgewater.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
NFL
Report: Philip Rivers finalizing deal with Colts

This is something that was expected all along.

When the Los Angeles Chargers announced earlier this offseason that they would be parting ways with Rivers, the Colts were immediately named as the most likely destination.

Indianapolis found itself in need of a quarterback rather suddenly in August of last year, as Andrew Luck surprisingly retired a couple of weeks before the regular season began.

The Colts employed Jacoby Brissett as the starter, and Brissett was impressive early on, leading Indianapolis to a 5-2 record over its first seven games and actually representing a fringe MVP candidate in the early stages of the season.
However, during the second half of the year, Brissett and Indy faded, as the Colts proceeded to lose seven of their last nine games to finish the season with a record of 7-9.

To be fair to Brissett, Indianapolis’ offense was ravaged by injuries throughout the season, with wide receivers T.Y. Hilton, Devin Funchess and Parris Campbell, tight end Eric Ebron and running back Marlon Mack all missing significant time. Even Brissett himself missed a game due to a sprained MCL.

Regardless, it seems pretty clear that the Colts have very little confidence in Brissett moving forward, which is why they have decided to jump on Rivers, who spent the first 16 years of his NFL career with the Chargers.

That being said, Rivers is coming off of a shaky 2019 campaign in which he threw 23 touchdowns and 20 interceptions.

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
I will believe it when I see it.

Let's replace one non-mobile QB with another non-mobile QB.
I read yesterday that the Niners were Brady's preferred landing spot but that deal fell through. If Rivers to Colts and all these other pieces falling into place, where else could Brady possibly land but either the Chargers or Raiders?

New stadium, shiny new toy.

Makes sense. But you're right, believe it when I see it.

Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I read yesterday that the Niners were Brady's preferred landing spot but that deal fell through. If Rivers to Colts and all these other pieces falling into place, where else could Brady possibly land but either the Chargers or Raiders?

Tampa Bay is supposedly offering $30M a year, plus the other perks he’s asking for (quasi GM and coaching duties).

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006

Bucs

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
Tampa Bay is supposedly offering $30M a year, plus the other perks he’s asking for (quasi GM and coaching duties).
Hadn't seen that, of course haven't been following too much about the NFL lately. Thanks for the update.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
That's kind of where I figured Rivers would land, or somewhere else in Florida given that he moved his family there. But the Colts make sense.
he moved his family there??? Didn't hear that. If so that would make the most sense but Arian's offense doesn't match Brady's style and also they are further away from a SB than the bolts....although not sure the bolts can build an O line fast enough. Still don't believe he's effing up his career by moving on from the Pats....it's what made him stand out from all the other greats that left for the end of their careers. But LA makes most sense...new stadium, Hollywood media hub, probably closer than the Bucs to putting it all together. He's got a lot of weapons on O already. Ekeler reportedly made a big appeal to Brady. Would be shocked if he ends up in TB or LV. Guessing Bellichek wouldn't yield anything to Brady and pizzed him off. Brady probably got tired of that and that's typical of the very end of a great career....move on because felt underappreciated by the organization in free agency....like what happened to Montana et al.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Brady to Chargers would get a lot of press. But Brady won't last long, so use to gave 5-6-7 seconds to decide passing target he's going to get.....well, not a good idea.
Get it 100% guaranteed Tom, all upfront cash. Better choice is Tampa.

I watched Brady's top 10 passes of 2019. Only once, did he not have a clean pocket.
And that one rusher was avoided easily.

Last edited:

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Rivers to the Colts is a great move.

Tom has said he's done with the NE chapter of his life. I can't see him now going back on that and re-upping with NE.

ESPN radio host just said "we know he's not going back to NE" in regards to Brady.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Brady to Chargers would get a lot of press. But Brady won't last long, so use to gave 5-6-7 seconds to decide passing target he's going to get.....well, not a good idea.
Get it 100% guaranteed Tom, all upfront cash. Better choice is Tampa.

I watched Brady's top 10 passes of 2019. Only once, did he not have a clean pocket.
And that one rusher was avoided easily.
You are not adding to your formula that, with Brady, the NFL will do all it can to get the Chargers deep into the post season. Suddenly the o'line will get to hold without consequence, the team will get a lot more pass interference and defensive holding calls in their favor, and the Spanoses will quickly have receivers so wide open you won't be able to see a defender on the screen. All Tom will have to do is use his greatest-of-all-time field vision to spot one of the open receivers.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Rivers to the Colts is a great move.

Tom has said he's done with the NE chapter of his life. I can't see him now going back on that and re-upping with NE.

ESPN radio host just said "we know he's not going back to NE" in regards to Brady.
One thing we know about Tom Brady and the Patriots is they are all about integrity and honesty.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
You are not adding to your formula that, with Brady, the NFL will do all it can to get the Chargers deep into the post season. Suddenly the o'line will get to hold without consequence, the team will get a lot more pass interference and defensive holding calls in their favor, and the Spanoses will quickly have receivers so wide open you won't be able to see a defender on the screen. All Tom will have to do is use his greatest-of-all-time field vision to spot one of the open receivers.
would not doubt one bit the NFL has given incentives to both spanos and brady to make the decision LA .....Jerrah et al who have a huge vested interest in LA working out will pretty much tell you where he is likely to land. I will be SHOCKED if it's TB. FOLLOW THE MONEY. The league will do everything in it's power to avoid showing SoFi stadium half empty and most of those opposing fans on every Sunday the bolts play. LOL

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
who knows now? On NFLN they were interviewing Matt Cassell , I guess he knows Brady pretty well still. He predicts the Bucs because of Tom's family and brother being in FL and also says he's familiar with the coaches there and they are apparently loaded. Bolts still possible but he doesn't think the long constant commutes back and forth across country work. Also, they asked him for a dark horse that hasn't even been mentioned and he said Dolphins because Brady knows the HC and owner well. I still say it's LA and for reasons above......FOLLOW THE NFL MONEY.

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
Hey, now I love the Chargers again!! :D

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Hey, now I love the Chargers again!! :D
So does DFWBoltFan stand for DamnFuckingWagoner Bolt Fan???? LMAO -jk-.........you've been a good fan of that team just like Conc. A bit misled and gullible but nevertheless good fans. I told Conc (and this applies to you) I respect your ability to tolerate the haters here and understand why we hate on the owner and refuse to go along with the program in LA. Likewise we give space the same. It's all good. I'd actually feel envious if and when you ever DO get to the promised land.....that was something us SanDiegans had always dreamt of and the dream was stolen away. It would be a dark day in SD if that ever happened. I'm hoping Brady goes to the Bucs but with the SD luck he'll go to LA and get another ring. If he's there I will hate him even more than I did when the bolts were in SD LOLOLOL.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
And if you know anything about the Chargers,
the receiver will drop the call, plus offensive pass interference.

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
So does DFWBoltFan stand for DamnFuckingWagoner Bolt Fan???? LMAO -jk-.........you've been a good fan of that team just like Conc. A bit misled and gullible but nevertheless good fans. I told Conc (and this applies to you) I respect your ability to tolerate the haters here and understand why we hate on the owner and refuse to go along with the program in LA. Likewise we give space the same. It's all good. I'd actually feel envious if and when you ever DO get to the promised land.....that was something us SanDiegans had always dreamt of and the dream was stolen away. It would be a dark day in SD if that ever happened. I'm hoping Brady goes to the Bucs but with the SD luck he'll go to LA and get another ring. If he's there I will hate him even more than I did when the bolts were in SD LOLOLOL.
Brady to the Bucs. Damn, now I hate the Chargers again!! :roflmao:

• Haha

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
And if you know anything about the Chargers,
the receiver will drop the call, plus offensive pass interference.
If you know anything about the Chargers, they will let go the only reason they've won a game over the past decade or so and pass on the one replacement that could have made them into winners. Whatever the worse move is, the Spanoses are all about it. I am sure, right now, they are thinking of a city that would support them even less than L.A. Maybe Tehran?

• Haha

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
If you know anything about the Chargers, they will let go the only reason they've won a game over the past decade or so and pass on the one replacement that could have made them into winners. Whatever the worse move is, the Spanoses are all about it. I am sure, right now, they are thinking of a city that would support them even less than L.A. Maybe Tehran?
exactly,,,Tehran right in the middle of a SARSCoV2 pandemic.