• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Let's Go Oak-land!!!!!

SDRaiderH8er

Boltdiehard said:
Nick Swisher. :)
WHO?

Please provide some link, who is this Swisher guy?

We have all ready played Bonds, Sexson, Garciaparra, Ichiro Suzuki, Pujols, and Carlos Lee.

Besides PETCO is not a small Park.

Sounds like a another long out coming into Town to me :lol:

Boltdiehard

Oh puhlease, you national leaguers kill me!! Talk to me when you guys gotta play the Yankees, Red Sux, White Sux and Tigers nine times a year (each). :icon_mrgreen:

BTW, I hate watching pitchers bat. :lol: :icon_rofl:

rexy2006

Tonight's matchup between righty Chris Young, the Padre's 6'10" stud and the A's lefty curveball stud, Barry Zito, is a great one.

There shouldnt be much scoring, although lots of great D.

Then theres always the possibility that Swish can bust out at any time. He seems like a "loose cannon" that way.

I still love Kotsay, so will be watching him. I will cheer when he gets up to bat.

I have tons of A's paraphenalia, which I am going to try and get signed.

No, I am not a turncoat, the A's were my team when I lived in the East Bay for years.

It's gonna be crazy, I love both teams.:icon_tease:

Gots to get ready to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

SDRaiderH8er

Boltdiehard said:
Oh puhlease, you national leaguers kill me!! Talk to me when you guys gotta play the Yankees, Red Sux, White Sux and Tigers nine times a year (each). :icon_mrgreen:

BTW, I hate watching pitchers bat. :lol: :icon_rofl:
Real men swing a bat!!!!!!!!!!!!

The American League was set up for the over the hill farts.

Pitchers who cant hit, and batters who cant field!!!!!!!!!

What a lovely two some :icon_mrgreen:

rexy2006

PADRES WIN 3-0!!:icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

Tomorrow is Blanton vs. Hensley. Might be alot more offensive action.

Young kept them off-balance allnight long.

The Padres seemed to time Zito's curve and started whamming it into the outfield.

I've never seen Zito balk. That was interesting. Cost him a run.

Boltdiehard

:puke: :whistling:

Good game folks- Young shut us down. I actually enjoyed watching that game knowing that a lot of my bolthead brothers and sisters were into it as well.

That said, come on A's, swing the god damned bats!!! :icon_evil:

SDRaiderH8er

Boltdiehard said:
:puke: :whistling:

Good game folks- Young shut us down. I actually enjoyed watching that game knowing that a lot of my bolthead brothers and sisters were into it as well.

That said, come on A's, swing the god damned bats!!! :icon_evil:
The A's are not the first Team to be shut down by Young. He had back to back games in late May and early June where he had a no hitter going into the 8th inning then the 6th inning.

Boltdiehard

Hey Drunk, I know when I say let's go oakland that it stirs up some issues with native San Diego Chargers fans. Chokeland A's?? I don't think so and I'm going to refrain from bragging about a deep history of winning and success like the idiot Raiders fans always do. Don't associate A's fans with Raiders fans; in fact there are a lot of A's fans that want Al Davis and the Raiders to get the hell out of Oakland.

You would be hard pressed to find a bigger Chargers fan than myself.

As for your sweep, be careful.

SDRaiderH8er

Boltdiehard said:
Hey Drunk, I know when I say let's go oakland that it stirs up some issues with native San Diego Chargers fans. Chokeland A's?? I don't think so and I'm going to refrain from bragging about a deep history of winning and success like the idiot Raiders fans always do. Don't associate A's fans with Raiders fans; in fact there are a lot of A's fans that want Al Davis and the Raiders to get the hell out of Oakland.

The only issue I have with Oakland is with the Football Team. As far as the Baseball Team, I pull for them when they make the playoffs. But thats as far as it goes, I am not a fan of the A's. But I do enjoy watching them play.

Drunk

Boltdiehard said:

As a hardcore SAN DIEGO PADRES fan, I have a habit of talking smack from friendly to :icon_evil:! I am in no way confusing the A'S or Faiders. Both coincidently from Chokeland. I am aware of both team histories and truthfully speaking, they both got us beat. (Only speaking about WS or SB victories of course!)

I am also in know way questioning your loyalty to the Chargers, as I can see it is true.

Are you from Oakland or just like the team?

As far as sweeps are concerned, its going to be sweet!
SWEEP BABY, SWEEP! :tup:

rexy2006

HollywoodLeo said:
I'm still waiting for them to show up :icon_twisted: :icon_banana:
The dude in your avatar hit a freakin m:icon_eek::icon_eek:n shOt tonight! Soons he hit it, everYbodY knew it was gOne! Second decky, baby! 423 feet! :icon_banana:

SDRaiderH8er

HollywoodLeo said:
I'm still waiting for them to show up :icon_twisted: :icon_banana:
He was talking about this Nick Swisher person.

Is this the same guy who struck out twice last night, and is only hitting a buck 70 with runners in scoring position?

Boltdiehard

Can I get a side of potato salad with my crow please? Thank you. :icon_twisted:

Word is Billy Beane the A's GM is pissed at several players for going out and partying too much in San Diego.

Drunk

Boltdiehard said:

Word is Billy Beane the A's GM is pissed at several players for going out and partying too much in San Diego.
Rarely do they ever get to visit the city as a road team. I dont blame them for getting crazy. I wonder if they hit TJ? :icon_party:

Boltdiehard

Drunk said:
Rarely do they ever get to visit the city as a road team. I dont blame them for getting crazy. I wonder if they hit TJ? :icon_party:
I guess it's no different than when I go to San Diego........that town friggin rocks.

You guys have played very well and have thumped us.

SDRaiderH8er

Boltdiehard said:

San Diego, or TJ?

SDRaiderH8er

BFISA said:
I want'chata know, BDH, I take no pleasure in this...yes I do!!:icon_mrgreen: :tup: :icon_rofl: :icon_banana:
With 2 first place Teams going at it, I thought it would of at least been a good series to watch.

If I wanted to watch a Team balk in runs, and give up 2 runs on the same passed ball, I will go back and watch a little league game.