"leisure Las Vegas" week NINE!!!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

in_a_days

dgaf
Sep 8, 2006
vegas
There are a couple NFL lines that jump out this week...

NO -1 @ TB - The Buccs are starting to play quality defense again, but if Brees can avoid throwing passes to Ronde Barber the Saints should win this one. Anybody know Reggie Bush's status?

ATL -5 @ DET - I don't think Detroit is as bad as their record indicates, but I think the Falcons are for real. If Vick continutes to throw the ball well the Falcons should cover.

DEN +2.5 @ PIT - The Steelers look like crap and I'll be amazed if Big Ben can do what Payton did this week.

NE +1 vs IND - Peyton can not beat NE in NE.

And I think this week I'll actually post the bets I end up making so I can (hopefully) celebrate a couple wins openly without violating the thread "charter." :)

Electric Chair

May 23, 2006
I would HIGHLY recommend fading me at this point; I got slaughtered this wknd. On that note, I am on Louisville Thursday, but not for alot as that is the night I plan on getting my card ready for Saturdays Breeders Cup!!!!

in_a_days

dgaf
Sep 8, 2006
vegas
Electric Chair said:
I would HIGHLY recommend fading me at this point; I got slaughtered this wknd. On that note, I am on Louisville Thursday, but not for alot as that is the night I plan on getting my card ready for Saturdays Breeders Cup!!!!
I was eye-ballin' Louisville as well... but it looks like the public is on WVU so I'll probobly wait till the last minute before puting a bet down.

Electric Chair

May 23, 2006
leisure said:
Boise St Fresno MUST READ article!!
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=94232&tid=30

Football bettors might not be the only ones getting paid if Boise State defeats Fresno State on Wednesday night. The undefeated Broncos are making a serious bid for a BCS berth this season, and have a greater chance with the number of bowl games increased to five.

A Bowl appearance will not only be beneficial to BSU but also to the entire WAC, including Fresno State who could see over $600,000 of a possible $9.27 million. In order for this money to find its way back to FSU, the Bulldogs would have to lose Thursday, setting up a sticky situation for head coach Pat Hill and the athletics program.

“You gotta beat `em," Hill told reporters. "Nobody`s gonna take it easy. At least I hope not."

Fresno State is in dire need of funding after cutting its wrestling program to scrape up $400,000 for this season. Coach Hill is aware of the ramifications of his team purposely losing the game and assured conspiracy theorists that his program can not be bought no matter how desperate the school is for money.
They aren't going to throw the game, that would be illegal.

They are just going to cancel practice for the week. :lol:

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
in_a_days said:
There are a couple NFL lines that jump out this week...

NO -1 @ TB - The Buccs are starting to play quality defense again, but if Brees can avoid throwing passes to Ronde Barber the Saints should win this one. Anybody know Reggie Bush's status?

ATL -5 @ DET - I don't think Detroit is as bad as their record indicates, but I think the Falcons are for real. If Vick continutes to throw the ball well the Falcons should cover.

DEN +2.5 @ PIT - The Steelers look like crap and I'll be amazed if Big Ben can do what Payton did this week.

NE +1 vs IND - Peyton can not beat NE in NE.

And I think this week I'll actually post the bets I end up making so I can (hopefully) celebrate a couple wins openly without violating the thread "charter." :)
Those are some nice ones! :tup:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
leisure said:
GL

Sorry to say I have UAB +5

Game can easily go either way...I just have a good feeling for UAB. I have watched them several times this year and they play hard. That said I have yet to watch a SMU game....I do not know shiit about them :lol:
Their QB is completing 72% of his passes with 19 touchdowns and 3 interceptions

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
leisure said:
GL

hay when is the web site going to be up? You said last Sunday Gino :icon_evil:
It is in progress there is a lot of work to be done.

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
It seems like all these conference usa games are always good for like 24-31 points for each team. leisure is right UAB's passing attack might not show up statistically but they are the #44th most efficient passing attack in the nation but only ranked like 93rd in yards. UAB's special teams is horrible though and SMU's special teams is amazing. SMU's main kickoff return dude is averaging 30+ yards a return and UAB is near dead last in yards allowed per kickoff return.

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
thejdog said:
UAB 19.6 ppg overall/16.7 ppg on the road.

SMU 26.9 ppg overall/42.7 ppg at home.

Am I missing something?? Why only a 5 point spread?
SMU has played three games at home and they have been against Arkansas State, Sam Houston State and Marshall. I agree that the home/road stuff should help out SMU and hinder UAB but not by a lot.

Final score: SMU 34 UAB 24

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
MTL just unloaded on Chicago -13.5 vs. Miami next week. Joey Harrington vs. the Bears defense @ soldier field? Give me a break. Chicago scores 3 defensive touchdowns.

P88F

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2006
leisure said:
Joey will be Dan Marino reincarnated and beat Chicago IN Chicago busting up yet another undefeated season

i had that dream to, but then i woke up... i was saying earlier that i loved that bet but wasnt sure abou the seatle game.