Last 2 cuts?

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MadMike

Mar 17, 2006
Anyone catch who the Chargers released to get down from 77 to 75? Last dispatch from Chargers.com said they were still 2 shy of the required mark and needed to make the cuts by 1pm. Also, who do you guys think we go for as a Veteran backup QB? My guess is we wait and see who the Jets release come next week. I really don't want to see them go the Rob Johnson route.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
MadMike said:
Anyone catch who the Chargers released to get down from 77 to 75? Last dispatch from Chargers.com said they were still 2 shy of the required mark and needed to make the cuts by 1pm. Also, who do you guys think we go for as a Veteran backup QB? My guess is we wait and see who the Jets release come next week. I really don't want to see them go the Rob Johnson route.
WonderSlug said:
Here's how the cuts went to reach 75 by today. They had 85 players on the roster as of the Seattle game.

1.) Placed Roman Oben on PUP list. Brought it down to 84.

2.) Waived 7 players, bringing it down to 77.

(C/G Jimmy Martin, CB Anthony Mims, S Jerrell Pippens, WR Mark Simmons, K Kurt Smith, RB Bryson Sumlin, and WR Gerran Walker).

3.) Cut AJ Feeley. That made it 76 players.

4.) Placed LB Phil Archer on IR.

That makes 75 players on the roster, which you can confirm by the following updated depth chart and roster links:

http://www.chargers.com/team/depth-chart/

http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/
Sluggo did the footwork in another thread....heads up...

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Trumpet_Man said:
Sluggo did the footwork in another thread....heads up...
We also just waived DE Patrick Massey.

Now we are at 74 players.

Maybe a roster spot open for a possible vet QB to come in the next 24 hours, replacing Feeley?

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
WonderSlug said:
We also just waived DE Patrick Massey.

Now we are at 74 players.

Maybe a roster spot open for a possible vet QB to come in the next 24 hours, replacing Feeley?
We need 3 QB's going into the season.

I would not be surprised to see BEEF......My fan "something is up" shit is happening-o-meter is twitching......