Lakers get Anthony Davis

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
But they still will suck as much as their city.
Lakers will always suck no matter how many championships they win.
I just saw an episode of America In Color that showed Hollywood before all the Los Angelenos moved in. It was a beautiful place ruined by a sucky population.

Reactions: SDRay

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
What I’m waiting for is the reaction from LaVar Ball, he’s gonna be crying and whining about this.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
His 4th son is Melvin Ingram.
I hope he's right, but I'm sure even he knows the Lakers, named after great things from Minnesota and nothing in L.A., will win more championships. Of the Lakers, Dodgers, Rams, Trojans, Angels, and Bruins, and Spanoses, and Kings - the only team name appropriate for L.A. is the Spanoses. I hope L.A. enjoys the only team that is truly theirs.

Lakers - no lakes in L.A.
Kings - L.A. is ruled by a mayor and elected council
Dodgers - named after trolley dodgers in New York. L.A. has no trolley - just a subway nobody can walk to and a big blue bus.
Trojans - Homer never heard of L.A.
Angels - I guess Los Angeles means the Angels, but don't Angels live in heaven? Does heaven have horrible traffic and Skid Row. Is heaven polluted? Is it all about image? Is paradise only found in the movies?
Bruins are bears. Did the people of L.A. confuse their city for a forest? News flash - it isn't a forest, dumbasses.
Spanoses - a family of carpetbagging, soulless, money grubbing, rich, lying assholes who will stab their supporters in the back for a better deal? Oh yea, that's L.A.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDRay

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I hope he's right, but I'm sure even he knows the Lakers, named after great things from Minnesota and nothing in L.A., will win more championships. Of the Lakers, Dodgers, Rams, Trojans, Angels, and Bruins, and Spanoses, and Kings - the only team name appropriate for L.A. is the Spanoses. I hope L.A. enjoys the only team that is truly theirs.

Lakers - no lakes in L.A.
Kings - L.A. is ruled by a mayor and elected council
Dodgers - named after trolley dodgers in New York. L.A. has no trolley - just a subway nobody can walk to and a big blue bus.
Trojans - Homer never heard of L.A.
Angels - I guess Los Angeles means the Angels, but don't Angels live in heaven? Does heaven have horrible traffic and Skid Row. Is heaven polluted? Is it all about image? Is paradise only found in the movies?
Bruins are bears. Did the people of L.A. confuse their city for a forest? News flash - it isn't a forest, dumbasses.
Spanoses - a family of carpetbagging, soulless, money grubbing, rich, lying assholes who will stab their supporters in the back for a better deal? Oh yea, that's L.A.
LA Clippers - I think there might be a lot of barbers in LA.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
LA Clippers - I think there might be a lot of barbers in LA.
Oh yea. Forgot about the Clippers. Sailboats. I guess sailboats exist in L.A., but I think clippers and schooners are more associated with the Big Bay in San Diego. San Diegans, at least before all the rich Chicagoans and Los Angelenos moved in and downgraded our city, had cool traditions like that.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Lavar Ball and his son will always and forever be equated with one of the worst eras in Laker history. But besides that , eff LA.

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
LOL

Rob Pelinka May Not Have Known the Cap Rules for Anthony Davis Trade

Rob Pelinka might be the author of yet another monumental screw-up. The Los Angeles Lakers general manager reportedly consummated a trade for Anthony Davis without knowing the salary cap implications of not waiting a few days.

Now that the trade has been agreed to, the Lakers are scrambling to open up extra salary cap space to sign another max free agent. That space would have already existed if they had waited a few days to finish the trade. Instead…nope.

On Wednesday, Ramona Shelburne was on “The Jump” discussing the deal and laying out exactly why Pelinka may be completely out of his depth: