KFFL - Foley Agent, David Levine, had a press release.

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?all=1

Chargers | Foley remains in hospital
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:01:53 -0700

San Diego Chargers OLB Steve Foley's (leg, hand) agent, David Levine, released a press release noting Foley remains hospitalized and in fair condition. He has been in intensive care and is recovering from gunshot wounds suffered when he was shot by an off-duty Coronado police officer Sept. 3. Foley was shot three times, twice in the back of the left leg and once in the outside of his left thigh. He also has what is believed to be a gun shot wound to his right hand. Foley is currently directing his efforts towards recovering from his injuries and will respond at an appropriate time to questions surrounding the situation. As previously reported, he is out for the remainder of the 2006 season.
If he was coming after the cop, how does he got shot in the back of the leg?

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
the cop is so far up shit's creek right now
its almost impossible to put this in a way to show the cop was justified

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
WonderSlug said:
Yeah.

The only way it makes some sense for all involved is if Foley got shot the first time, coming towards him, then realized it wasn't a "BB gun", turned around, and then got shot two more times.
Even then, how do you justify shooting someone twice from behind when they are trying to get away from you?

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
Thumper said:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?all=1

If he was coming after the cop, how does he got shot in the back of the leg?
Word. This just keeps getting more and more shady. Two times in the back of the leg? I am sure Foley wasnt practicing his yoga moves when all of this went down. I think if this holds true, then the cop should be prosecuted and subsequently "American Me'd" in the pen.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Thumper said:
Even then, how do you justify shooting someone twice from behind when they are trying to get away from you?
Yeah, even in the most logical explanation of the injuries, it still comes out as an "Aw Shit" for Mansker.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
WonderSlug said:
How about a bunch of blue towels with a gold 53 put on them?
Whatever y'all decide, please ta send me one!!:icon_mrgreen: :yes:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
I talkedta my brother last nite during the game and said what Shammie has said...that Mansker woulda been aired out in many neighborhoods in Texas. He (my brother) said its purty good chance that'da happened in his 'hood in 'Dago (Kearney Mesa).

My brother's gotta Clint Eastwood Special, and knows howta use it, so I don't doubt his word one bit.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Man, wouldn't it be b1tchin if the whole stadium stood up in tributeta Foley??

I remeber the Giants game last year when, everytime the Giants O took the field, the PA guy said, "At QB for the Giants, #10, Eli Mannning" and the whole stadium erupted inta boos...all game long...even long after it was settled!!

Sure'd liketa see some support like that for Foley!!:tup: :icon_banana: :icon_toast:

TJBOLT

Jul 31, 2006
after they introduce the last Charger we should start a chant Foley, Foley, Foley, Foley

Teutonic13

BoltTalker
Aug 19, 2006
Thumper said:

You don't- You go for the Kill shot- and Lie like hell-

This sucks so bad- The chick he was with though- Ms Gaut...

She, I believe, played a much bigger role here-

Went from a simple DUI- to attempted murder- and what not?

23 y/o Dolt ruins a 30 y/o Bolt?

CrmWestwood

BoltTalker
Mar 21, 2006
Teutonic13 said:
You don't- You go for the Kill shot- and Lie like hell-

This sucks so bad- The chick he was with though- Ms Gaut...

She, I believe, played a much bigger role here-

Went from a simple DUI- to attempted murder- and what not?

23 y/o Dolt ruins a 30 y/o Bolt?
If it's lookin bad for the cop then it makes sense he would hype the Charges against the girl to try and cover his ass regarding the blatant excessive force used on Foley...it feels good to be right about this, and horribly sad all at once.:no:

Flea Soda

BoltTalker
Aug 19, 2006
I'd hate to be a normal-status person that was shot by an overzealous cop.. Fortunately Foley is a pro-athlete and will bring attention to this, hopefully keeping the rest of us in San Diego out of 'bad' cop problems.. I'd imagine after this San Diego PDs will be a little more persistent in weeding out overzealous cops.