1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities for the sports fans. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kellen Winslow Jr arrested for burglary

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Fender57, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +726
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Official Hater

Ratings:
    +924
  3. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,317
    Crazy...but he's a Soldier!!

4. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +726
  5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +956
    That's sad. I hope this dude gets help.
    Ah ****. I just read about the second arrest. Rape and kidnapping? Jesus! I guess he's a lost cause. I wonder how much football-related brain injuries contributed to this.

6. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +726
    Judge ordered him held without bail.

7. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +956
    Maybe Trump will get him on the MAGA team.

8. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +726
    He’ll have to pardon him first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,317
    Just sick...

Complaint against Kellen Winslow II alleges 5 incidents including sexual assault and burglary

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-winslow-complaint-20180615-story.html

Former NFL player Kellen Winslow II — son of Chargers great Kellen Winslow — pleaded not guilty Friday to multiple felonies, including accusations of kidnapping and raping two transient women.

The complaint outlining the charges against Winslow points to five alleged offenses since March, which also include a charge of indecent exposure and two counts of burglary with intent to commit rape.

The alleged rape victims are ages 54 and 59. The remaining three alleged victims range from 55 years old to 86 years old. All of the incidents are reported to have happened in the city of Encinitas, where Winslow II lives.

Winslow II, 34, appeared in Vista Superior Court to face the charges of eight felony counts and one misdemeanor. He faces life in prison if convicted.

His father was among his supporters in the courtroom.

After the arraignment, the defendant’s attorneys declined comment.

Winslow II was arrested, and his house was searched, on Thursday.

During the arraignment, Superior Court Judge Robert Dahlquist ordered him to remain jailed on a no-bail status.

Among the charges in the complaint:

• Kidnap, rape and forced oral copulation of a 54-year-old woman in March;
    • Kidnap, rape and sodomy of a 59-year-old woman in May;
    • Indecent exposure in May;
    • Burglary with the intent to rape a 71-year-old woman in June; and
    • Burglary with the intent to rape an 86-year-old woman also in June.
    This is his second arrest this month. Last week, he was briefly jailed on suspicion of burglary. His new arrest came on the same day he was to appear in a Vista courtroom for arraignment in the burglary case.

Winslow II was initially taken into custody June 7 after deputies responded to reports of a possible burglary in the Park Encinitas Mobile Home Park on El Camino Real near La Entrada.

Around 2:40 p.m. that day, a resident reported seeing a stranger walk into a neighboring residence. The neighbor confronted the intruder, who subsequently got into a black SUV and left, sheriff’s officials said.

Deputies stopped and arrested Winslow II, and booked him into custody on one count of burglary. He soon posted $50,000 bond and was released from Vista jail.

His publicist said the arrest was the result of an over-reaction from a neighbor who saw him at the residence of a couple that was not home.

The day after the arrest last week, the publicist supplied a statement from another of Winslow’s defense attorneys, Colorado-based Harvey A. Steinberg, who said Winslow II “emphatically denies committing any burglary.”

“He would have no need to burglarize or steal anything from anyone at a trailer park,” Steinberg said, adding that Winslow II “looks forward to being vindicated” in court.

On Thursday, Brian Watkins, the attorney who said he was representing Winslow in the burglary case, declined comment when reached by phone.

Winslow II grew up in San Diego and attended Patrick Henry and Scripps Ranch high schools before attending the University of Miami. The sixth draft pick in 2004, he played in the NFL for 10 seasons, until 2013.

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
  11. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +726
    It’s clearly obvious why he was trolling around a trailer park.

12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +2,099
    So he wasn't scouring through recycle bins looking for empty soda bottles?

13. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +726
    Only to finance his burgeoning career in assault.

14. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +2,099
    And why is he attacking women that are his Dad's age?

15. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +726
    Because he’s a psychopath?

16. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +726
  17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +2,099
    Last night I saw on some other news network that he is also being charged with the rape of an unconscious teen. That is way off the board.