Kaepernick - more NFL shenanigans

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Nope.
The NFL has done things for Kap they have never done before. How did Kap respond? By moving the pony show last minute, losing much of the participation. NFL's fault right?

The Ravens were ready to sign Kap. His GF sunk the ship by calling Ray lewis an uncle Tom, or insinuating it with the Dajango image with the owners head in place of Capriati's and Lewis' head in place of Jacksons.

All the NFl's fault right?

Fault lies with both sides. If Kap wants to play he can. He can swallow his pride, tell his GF to STFU in social media for a while and make nice. He does not want to do that, because Nike pays him more as a self made martyr.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Nope.
The NFL has done things for Kap they have never done before. How did Kap respond? By moving the pony show last minute, losing much of the participation. NFL's fault right?

The Ravens were ready to sign Kap. His GF sunk the ship by calling Ray lewis an uncle Tom, or insinuating it with the Dajango image with the owners head in place of Capriati's and Lewis' head in place of Jacksons.

Fault lies with both sides. If Kap wants to play he can. He can swallow his pride, tell his GF to STFU in social media for a while and make nice. He does not want to do that, because Nike pays him more as a self made martyr.
Like I said, no matter which side of the issue you support. My point is the NFL tried to perpetrate propaganda bullshit by listing Kaepernick as retired - he’s not. He’s still looking to return, though I concede he is making it difficult for himself - however, he is still considered “active” and the NFL can’t deem him “retired”, only the player can. His girlfriend called them out on that and the NFL backed down.

Reactions: Concudan

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Nope.

Like I said, no matter which side of the issue you support. My point is the NFL tried to perpetrate propaganda bullshit by listing Kaepernick as retired - he’s not. He’s still looking to return, though I concede he is making it difficult for himself - however, he is still considered “active” and the NFL can’t deem him “retired”, only the player can. His girlfriend called them out on that and the NFL backed down.
that the GF called out the NFL is just more conflict the guy does not need if he's serious about returning and making football and the NFL his #1priority. JMHO. Even if she istechnically right, why go there? Agree he's getting paid more for his imageas a martyr so he and the GF are milkingitfor all they areworth.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
that the GF called out the NFL is just more conflict the guy does not need if he's serious about returning and making football and the NFL his #1priority. JMHO. Even if she istechnically right, why go there? Agree he's getting paid more for his imageas a martyr so he and the GF are milkingitfor all they areworth.
He knows they’re not letting him back in, but still, it’s not the NFL’s call to label him retired. If anything, it was stupid of the NFL to do that, more fuel to Kaepernick’s next lawsuit (“see, they’re colluding to keep me out by labeling me retired - I never said I was retired!”)

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Aldon Smith...Josh Gordon...felony charges...Smith let back in...Gordon will be let back in.
Antonio Brown will probably be signed. Sure, it's his pride...his salary demands...his girlfriend.
It's a political decision.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Im on the fence. I dont like the dude but he is good enough to start in the nfl right now. He seems to have his sheet together becuase we never hear anything negative about the dude.

he is better than tyrod, allen, mitch and minshew who are all starters.

the mystery is what are his salary demands. thats the great unknown.

also both sides benefit from kap not being in the nfl.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Who's Kap?...and who the fuck is his GF?!?

Axe yourself....If the GF hadn't made a big deal about the "retirement" thing, would any of you have known about it?

Kaepernick broke the Jim Croce Rules...he tugged on superman's cape, he or surely his GF spat into the wind, and he tried to unmask something that, like the Lone Ranger, is no longer pleasant to watch without the mask!

Reactions: Faded Blues

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Who's Kap?...and who the fuck is his GF?!?

Axe yourself....If the GF hadn't made a big deal about the "retirement" thing, would any of you have known about it?

Kaepernick broke the Jim Croce Rules...he tugged on superman's cape, he or surely his GF spat into the wind, and he tried to unmask something that, like the Lone Ranger, is no longer pleasant to watch without the mask!
Disagree. If the NFL was so great they would’ve squashed him in court. They settled. And they weren’t so mighty in their settlement that they actually invited him to a workout, which he promptly blew up and took control. Now his girlfriend, of all people, forced the mighty NFL to backpedal. The emperor is slowly being undressed by this “nobody” Colin Kaepernick.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Disagree. If the NFL was so great they would’ve squashed him in court. They settled. And they weren’t so mighty in their settlement that they actually invited him to a workout, which he promptly blew up and took control. Now his girlfriend, of all people, forced the mighty NFL to backpedal. The emperor is slowly being undressed by this “nobody” Colin Kaepernick.
Disagree.
My boss fired a guy who did not work, was a cancer to the company and lost us several client due to his attitude. He sued the company. It was open and close. But the courts, because it was on little guy against a big bad company ruled in his favor. You think the courts are going to side with a bunch of billionaires over one guy? Not happening.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Bogus stories of his ability...his 'salary demands’....phony tryouts.....the League is mostly black players ...they have no black owner....they want to look like they 'care about black social injustice issues' when they simply want the money trainto keep rolling and out of the political news and out of the real world news.
The NFL tried to get Kap and Reid's settlement case thrown out of court, they then settled for less than $10 million (mostly lawyers' fees). The settlement did not ban further employment, but that is technical point......this cartel is corrupt and wants to illegally bar him from the field. This is the same League that let a Deano Spanni exist in the no.2 media market. Look up Aldon Smith's actions since 2015. He was allowed ro sign with Dallas. The NFL is blackballing Kap. It's not that hard.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Reactions: Lance19

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Disagree.
My boss fired a guy who did not work, was a cancer to the company and lost us several client due to his attitude. He sued the company. It was open and close. But the courts, because it was on little guy against a big bad company ruled in his favor. You think the courts are going to side with a bunch of billionaires over one guy? Not happening.
I don’t know the details of this case you’re talking about but generally a court will rule for the little guy if they can prove some kind of malfeasance, I can only surmise there was something the company did that allowed the little guy to prove malfeasance existed on the company’s part that allowed him to prevail.

I think the same thing exists with Kaepernick. He has some kind of tiger by the tail and the NFL knows it and can’t make him go away. So the fact they are still fucking with him by labeling him “retired” just shows their arrogance; the fact they backpedaled because of the girlfriend shows me that Kaep still has some kind of edge over the mighty NFL.

From what I understand about Kaepernick’s workout is he pretty much deteriorated in skills, and when he last played he wasn’t starter material anyway. It would be smart if the nfl just paved the way to let him get on a roster and let his talent sort itself out. He may not even be good enough anymore to legitimately make a roster.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Disagree.
Disagree!

When I was 18, I worked as a security guard at a mall....It was a big mall and during Christmas time their was fights in the parking lot over spots. I remember a scene I witnessed where an older lady in a convertable Mercedes 450SLC was waiting for a prime spot for some time, and when the spot finally became available, a couple of young guys in a Corvette slipped in and took her spot...
the old lady said: hey, that was my spot!!
the kid driving the corvette: that's what happens when you're young and fast!!
Thats when the old lady put her Benz in reverse and plowed in to the kids corvette, and she did it several times!
When the kid cried:What the fuck are you doing, lady??
She replied: That's what happens when you're old and rich!!

Like I said, he broke the Croce Rules, and the owners PAID him to go away...now his GF wants more?....Sure....it's not about money, when the wealth disparity between the combatants are so great...it's about exercising their will against every conventional wisdom or rules of morality! Colin Kaepernick is "retired" and the owners don't care if he makes more than half the players in the league, but he won't set foot on an NFL field again!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Disagree!

When I was 18, I worked as a security guard at a mall....It was a big mall and during Christmas time their was fights in the parking lot over spots. I remember a scene I witnessed where an older lady in a convertable Mercedes 450SLC was waiting for a prime spot for some time, and when the spot finally became available, a couple of young guys in a Corvette slipped in and took her spot...
the old lady said: hey, that was my spot!!
the kid driving the corvette: that's what happens when you're young and fast!!
Thats when the old lady put her Benz in reverse and plowed in to the kids corvette, and she did it several times!
When the kid cried:What the fuck are you doing, lady??
She replied: That's what happens when you're old and rich!!

Like I said, he broke the Croce Rules, and the owners PAID him to go away...now his GF wants more?....Sure....it's not about money, when the wealth disparity between the combatants are so great...it's about exercising their will against every conventional wisdom or rules of morality! Colin Kaepernick is "retired" and the owners don't care if he makes more than half the players in the league, but he won't set foot on an NFL field again!
You know what happened to Big Jim at the end of the song, don’t you?

By the way I’ve heard that “I’m old and rich story” many times. Amazing you actually witnessed it!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
You know what happened to Big Jim at the end of the song, don’t you?

By the way I’ve heard that “I’m old and rich story” many times. Amazing you actually witnessed it!
I had a dream the other night, and what was different about it was that, you know how in most dreams you wake up right before you die? Well in this one, the dream started right when I died. So I'm dead and walking around in a cloud when I come across this room, filled with clocks, all moving at different rates. Every clock had a name under it, and I was able to locate most everyone I knew's clock...family, friends, coworkers, and everyone on this forum's clock was there....except for yours, Fender!
That's when I ran in to an angel who explained to me that these clocks were moving every time the person masturbated on earth.
I asked him if he knew what happened to your clock...
and he said: Fender? Fender57?......His clock is upstairs, we use it as a fan!!

You may have heard that one before too, but I assure you I didn't dream it!!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I had a dream the other night, and what was different about it was that, you know how in most dreams you wake up right before you die? Well in this one, the dream started right when I died. So I'm dead and walking around in a cloud when I come across this room, filled with clocks, all moving at different rates. Every clock had a name under it, and I was able to locate most everyone I knew's clock...family, friends, coworkers, and everyone on this forum's clock was there....except for yours, Fender!
That's when I ran in to an angel who explained to me that these clocks were moving every time the person masturbated on earth.
I asked him if he knew what happened to your clock...
and he said: Fender? Fender57?......His clock is upstairs, we use it as a fan!!

You may have heard that one before too, but I assure you I didn't dream it!!
Actually never heard that one before. You think about me masturbating? I find that creepy.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Actually never heard that one before. You think about me masturbating? I find that creepy.
I refuse to believe that such low volleys are going right over your head, so I have to assume you're not in the right mood.

Enjoy your evening!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I refuse to believe that such low volleys are going right over your head, so I have to assume you're not in the right mood.

Enjoy your evening!
Not sure how to respond to that. Am I supposed to come up with some joke roasting you? Not sure what compelled you to take a shot at me to begin with.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Not sure how to respond to that. Am I supposed to come up with some joke roasting you? Not sure what compelled you to take a shot at me to begin with.
How did I take a shot at you?

I made a point, or tried to, using an old joke...
You ignored the point I was trying to make, but made the point of reminding me that you had heard the joke before...
I told you another joke that used the same approach, with me talking as if the story actually happened to me...
Your come back is a literal translation of the joke!
Am I missing anything??

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
How did I take a shot at you?

I made a point, or tried to, using an old joke...
You ignored the point I was trying to make, but made the point of reminding me that you had heard the joke before...
I told you another joke that used the same approach, with me talking as if the story actually happened to me...
Your come back is a literal translation of the joke!
Am I missing anything??
Sorry, I really thought you worked as a guard and witnessed that accident. I did find it an amazing coincidence to be honest - guilty as charged of that joke going over my head.

However, I did not ignore your point - your point about not violating the “Croce Rule” made me think of how the song ended - Slim turned the tables on Big Jim - extrapolate that to the NFL vs. Kaep and it actually supports my viewpoint.

Reactions: handoverfist

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Sorry, I really thought you worked as a guard and witnessed that accident. I did find it an amazing coincidence to be honest - guilty as charged of that joke going over my head.

However, I did not ignore your point - your point about not violating the “Croce Rule” made me think of how the song ended - Slim turned the tables on Big Jim - extrapolate that to the NFL vs. Kaep and it actually supports my viewpoint.
I agree, I saw that after!
Look, as a kid I used to follow Cliff Thorburn around... look him up, he is a Canadian snooker legend and my neighborhood hero...I know all about how the Big Jim Walker story ends, but I can tell you, before a Slim shows up, there are literally thousands of other fools who think they got a shot, but they DON'T!!
Is Kaep Slim? Has he really tarnished the leagues image? Has he brought POSITIVE awareness to the cause that originated his stand (or kneel) for? Is NFL in jeopardy by blackballing him?

Last edited:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I agree, I saw that after!
Look, as a kid I used to follow Cliff Thorburn around... look him up, he is a Canadian snooker legend and my neighborhood hero...I know all about how the Big Jim Walker story ends, but I can tell you, before a Slim shows up, there are literally thousands of other fools who think they got a shot, but they DON'T!!
Is Kaep Slim? Has he really tarnished the leagues image? Has he brought POSITIVE awareness to the cause that originated his stand (or kneel)? Is NFL in jeopardy by blackballing him?
I think in regards to his stand he’s basically breaking even. He has brought awareness to his issue, but his obvious machinations to make a buck off of this tarnishes his rep. I give him credit for trying to give a voice to those he feels are disenfranchised.

The NFL is not in jeopardy by blackballing him but they look like buffoons. You’d think they’d have the brains to make this go away. The best way to do this is to encourage teams to give him a shot. I truly believe he’ll cancel himself out in short order.

Reactions: handoverfist

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I think in regards to his stand he’s basically breaking even. He has brought awareness to his issue, but his obvious machinations to make a buck off of this tarnishes his rep. I give him credit for trying to give a voice to those he feels are disenfranchised.

The NFL is not in jeopardy by blackballing him but they look like buffoons. You’d think they’d have the brains to make this go away. The best way to do this is to encourage teams to give him a shot. I truly believe he’ll cancel himself out in short order.
Pretty much agree with everything you say here...especially the part about him making a buck off of this. The terms of his settlement remaining confidential didn't help his image with the real activists in the cause either!
I respect the cause that Kaep and other players in the NFL felt so strongly about, but there are those who want to compare him to Jim Brown or other black athletes who were pioneer activists....and I don't view him as such...or I did, UNTIL he took the settlement money!

Reactions: Fender57

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
i agree with harry the dude is getting blacklisted. i just dont care. the dude is forever a dick for wearing socks with pigs on them.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Pretty much agree with everything you say here...especially the part about him making a buck off of this. The terms of his settlement remaining confidential didn't help his image with the real activists in the cause either!
I respect the cause that Kaep and other players in the NFL felt so strongly about, but there are those who want to compare him to Jim Brown or other black athletes who were pioneer activists....and I don't view him as such...or I did, UNTIL he took the settlement money!
He’s not in the same league as Jim Brown, Curt Flood, Muhammad Ali, or Jackie Robinson, all men who truly risked it all with everything to lose and nothing to gain. I laughed when I saw they released the Kaepernick Nike shoe, the hype surrounding it made it sell out in an hour or so. He pocketed a lot of cash from Nike, still is I believe, and he’s a pioneer?

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
While I applaud Kap trying to bring to light police cruelty, which is real. My HUGE problem is how he did it, and how he never differentiated between the good cops, the ones that put their lives on the line to protect us, and the bad cops the ones who will victimize and kill us.

He approached the situation as if all cops were bad, and carried it to the whole country. When asked what he was thankful for one thanksgiving, he replies "I have nothing to be thankful for living in this country". Well Fuck you Kap. You were adopted and raised in a nice home, in a land where you could become a millionaire by playing a game, a country where you could then become a bigger millionaire by shitting on ALL cops.

I have no use for him, or his attitude. Just my personal take on it.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
While I applaud Kap trying to bring to light police cruelty, which is real. My HUGE problem is how he did it, and how he never differentiated between the good cops, the ones that put their lives on the line to protect us, and the bad cops the ones who will victimize and kill us.

He approached the situation as if all cops were bad, and carried it to the whole country. When asked what he was thankful for one thanksgiving, he replies "I have nothing to be thankful for living in this country". Well Fuck you Kap. You were adopted and raised in a nice home, in a land where you could become a millionaire by playing a game, a country where you could then become a bigger millionaire by shitting on ALL cops.

I have no use for him, or his attitude. Just my personal take on it.
cuba is nice this time of yaar. he can always move to wuhan and shop for bat soup.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man