Just Got Sunday Ticket

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Man, I'm so pumped for this season. The only other year I had NFL Sunday Ticket was during the 2000 season when we were 1-15. This season should be much better.

For those considering the switch to Direct TV to get Sunday Ticket, they have an awesome promotion right now. Essentially, if you're a new customer, you get Sunday Ticket for free, because you get four months of free programming.

This is the year it all comes together. Rivers is going to be slinging passes all over the field. LT is going to enjoy wider running lanes than he's ever had. The defense is going to drop the hammer, finish first again against the run and flirt with 60 sacks. This is our year, the year the dynasty begins.

Kwak

May 25, 2006
Contgrats on the NFL Ticket!! :tup:

It sure beats chasing down a sports bar and then watching with no sound.

Did you get any of the Addons? Multi screen etc.

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
boltssbbound said:
Man, I'm so pumped for this season.
You're going to love it !!!

Sunday Ticket is the best thing the NFL ever did, IMO.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Congrats Bro...I hope Time-Warner gets their shit tagether soon!!:icon_evil: :icon_sad:

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
boltssbbound said:
Man, I'm so pumped for this season. The only other year I had NFL Sunday Ticket was during the 2000 season when we were 1-15. This season should be much better.

For those considering the switch to Direct TV to get Sunday Ticket, they have an awesome promotion right now. Essentially, if you're a new customer, you get Sunday Ticket for free, because you get four months of free programming.

This is the year it all comes together. Rivers is going to be slinging passes all over the field. LT is going to enjoy wider running lanes than he's ever had. The defense is going to drop the hammer, finish first again against the run and flirt with 60 sacks. This is our year, the year the dynasty begins.
That's great. I'm sticking with my Cable... cause the rest of the family has DTV with NFL Ticket. Although the Denver games can trump the Chargers games, in SLC, I still get the games on my local channels more often than not. I have ESPN for the Sunday night games and always get the Monday night games.

NFL ticket is really cool for following all of the league games and keeping up with scores, especially if you're in a pool

You'll love how you can check the guide and see which teams are in the red zone and get a quick breakdown of scores...:tup:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
boltssbbound said:
LT is going to enjoy wider running lanes than he's ever had.
Love the optimism but let's make sure we don't let this slip through :icon_mrgreen:

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
leisure said:
Man just think of how big of a 'no it all' you will be now that you will actually see some of the players you profess to be an expert on :icon_rofl:
Leisure is the one who proclaims to be an expert. Leisure refers to himself in the third person, because everyone knows who Leisure is. Leisure is the bubble man, the man boob checker, the man who assesses players by how they look in their underwear, all the while thinking how much easier it would be to assess their attributes if they were nekkid. :icon_banana:

Leisure has seen more men in their underwear than a Calvin Klein photographer. Leisure is the expert. I bow to his superior knowledge of all that is and is derived from the bubble, for it is the bubble that is the source of all the power in the universe.

All hail Leisure, the bubble master.

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
boltssbbound said:
Leisure is the one who proclaims to be an expert. Leisure refers to himself in the third person, because everyone knows who Leisure is. Leisure is the bubble man, the man boob checker, the man who assesses players by how they look in their underwear, all the while thinking how much easier it would be to assess their attributes if they were nekkid. :icon_banana:

Leisure has seen more men in their underwear than a Calvin Klein photographer. Leisure is the expert. I bow to his superior knowledge of all that is and is derived from the bubble, for it is the bubble that is the source of all the power in the universe.

Do you mind if I use that for leisure's obituary?

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
boltssbbound said:

All that .... and you forgot .....

Leisure is a FAMOUS poster from San Diego.

Buttmunch

Jul 5, 2006
Get superfan....more games in HD. Although I think it's a ripoff since they make you pay a lot more, I still got it because of HD. Unless a match-up absolutely stinks, it's a guarantee that a game will be broadcast in HD.

Nothing like watching the Bolts in HD baby! :tup:

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006
Congrats and I cannot LIVE without it. I love Directv and will never go back to cable.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
boltssbbound said:
That's classic. The Reache fumble pic is a nice subtle hint that you are being sarcastic.
It's been over a month since he made that first post and I still don't think Pats fans realize that Reche is fumbling in that pic. :lol:

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
thejdog said:
It's not a matter of TIme Warner getting their shit together....DirecTV has the exclusive on the NFL for the next 4 years:eek:hmy:

I'm pumped HARD about this...four (is it 6?) games at once on the screen in HD....:whistling:
I thought they gave you up to 8 at once. At least that's what the lastest DTV commerical ad I saw yesterday claimed.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
thejdog said:
Yeah could be slug I'm too effing lazy to check.

What would be sweet is if they gave you the option to do 2,3,4,etc. as obviuosly the more games the smaller each picture is.
Yeah, that would be nice, to be able to choose how many games are shown at once.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
thejdog said:
It's not a matter of TIme Warner getting their shit together....DirecTV has the exclusive on the NFL for the next 4 years:eek:hmy:
Time-Warner is negotiating to get it. The other cable company in San Antone has it already (GrandeCom).

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
boltssbbound said:

I love my sunday ticket!:tup:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
thejdog said:
You may be thinking of the NFL Network BFISA

DirecTV has the exclusive on the live Sunday games. Only reason why DTV paid 3.5 billion to the NFL was becasue of the exclusivity of the deal.....or else millions (myself included) would cancel thier service.

http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/history/topic/467764-1.html
Aw, ok, spoke outta turn, my bad...Conc, you can go ahead and trout slap me!!:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :lol:

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
MtlBoltsFan said:
That was a trick question, the spirit of leisureworld never dies :icon_rofl:
Damn, of course. Leisure is like the Buddha. When his body dies, his spirit will transfer to a young child with a strange interest in watching large, muscular men run around in their undies and an unnatural affinity toward pompadour-sporting, nasal-voiced commentators with zero personality.

When Leisure's minions identify their new chosen savior, he will be given the secret password and allowed to continue the Gospel of Leisure.