John Clayton: 1st and Ten

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
7. San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders (Monday, 10:15 ET, ESPN)
No doubt, this game will scare the Raiders. In 10 career games against the Raiders, LaDainian Tomlinson has averaged 121 rushing yards and four catches. If the Raiders run defense isn't right, Tomlinson, who didn't play a snap during the preseason, could burn them for 200 yards. The Raiders, despite a 4-1 preseason, struggled early in games against good backs, and Tomlinson is arguably the best in the game. The other player to fear is linebacker Shawne Merriman, who is evolving into one of the most feared defenders in the game. Raiders offensive linemen Langston Walker and Robert Gallery haven't gotten into a blocking groove yet, so Merriman and Shaun Phillips, could have big games. Aaron Brooks takes over for Kerry Collins at quarterback and he will have to keep plays alive against the Chargers' pass rush. The Chargers have perhaps the best defensive front seven in football. Brooks will try to get the ball deep a few times for Randy Moss and to win, the Raiders will need a good performance from halfback LaMont Jordan. Art Shell has made the Raiders a more physical defense, but they will have to show it against a tough, physical Chargers team.
Full Article

Man I can't wait for Monday Night!

Reactions: PhilipRivers#1

exodus

Nov 4, 2005
Sounds about right to me. Don't know that I'd put that much faith in Brooks though. Maybe this is a chance for our secondary to get off to a good start and gain some momentum for the rest of the season:yes: