Joey Bosa extended - five years $135M

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Look, I thought it was chickenshit when you cried like a baby
Kinda like you did when you were called out for using Reagan’s Alzheimer’s as a joke. I find it hilarious you go on about me (or anyone) “prattling” (do you get paid by the word on your posts?) or “crying” (like now) or, this one really cracks me up, “chickenshit” (blocking people, taking potshots and then locking for replies). You’re likely the most insecure, self important boor on this board, definitely the biggest hypocrite (one needs only to read this latest reply to me to see this).

Last edited:
Reactions: Concudan

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
Okay, I get it...you didn't mean it at all when you said you didn't care,
and you simply will not shut up or stop misrepresenting what I say
(I predict a quick "Like" from a certain mod!) until I let you get the last
dishonest word. Please continue to use my posts as you require...
I realize the only way you will stop crying is if I don't respond...so I won't.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
(I predict a quick "Like" from a certain mod!) until I let you get the last
dishonest word. Please continue to use my posts as you require...
Seriously, nobody gives a shit. You seem to think everything revolves around you. Crying, butthurt, these words apply to the guy you look at in the mirror.

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
No, I am pretty sure he meant it. You probably do not rate high on his give-a-shit scale.

Wait one. Even for a hypocritical elitist, this one is rich.
Did you or dod you not post the quoted post below?
Fender, I locked it because I didn't want you prattling on, endlessly, since your position
is supposedly that you don't give a shit.

Look, I thought it was chickenshit when you cried like a baby over a lighthearted
comment, which, after you seemed slow to get, I assured you was not meant as
harsh or mean or anything.
You insisted on ignoring the obvious and trying to blow it
up into some big thing and whine for an inappropriate apology.

So, I just steered clear. Then I noticed your new habit of starting a thread soon
after I posted something... Now are you just suddenly not courteous,
or is this a continuation of you being butthurt last week? I'm guessing the latter.

At any rate, after you needing the fainting couch, I really am not real motivated to
interact with you. If you'll just stop failing to demonstrate that you don't give a shit,
I won't need to keep correcting false impressions you're trying to float...
:)

p.s. None of this has anything to do with how smart I am or am not, but nice try, attempting to distract...
1) the Green text is YOU, LANCE19 misrepresenting everything about Fender. But I get it, you cant play the victim without making shit up to make you look victimized. I mean, that has been your modus operandi since you slithered into this forum.
2) the blue text is further misrepresenting of the event by LANCE19. Hypocrisy HO!
3) The red is just a fucking fantasy you made up. Why not write a children's book and call it how Lance survived the mean ole internet... You can make yourself the main protagonist and show how indignant you get when people hold you accountable for your actions, or point out when you are a hypocite.

(I predict a quick "Like" from a certain mod!) until I let you get the last dishonest word. Please continue to use my posts as you require...
Ahh, no Lancey-boo post is complete without his shot at the people he is too immature to communicate with. In the next few posts Lancey-boo will either go into great details about how awesome and smart he is, while being the victim of mean ole internet bullies, or quit for a while. Tried and true Lancisms.

Notice how he says dishonest words? Believe me, he knows what dishonest words are. He uses them every day.

Ahhh, Fender has made Lancey-boos super secret ignore list. Rather than talk like an adult, Lancey-boo will not just post snipes, and passive aggressive comments about Fender.

Fender, a person who I have not seen argue with many people, who seems to get along with everyone. But Lancey-boo can't hang with him... Says something about you Lance19. Something not very flattering. I suspect given enough time, you will only be quoting yourself and talking to yourself, because everyone else will be on your ignore list.

I will admit. You were correct. There was some misrepresenting going on. Unfortunately, once again, it was you doing it.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
No, I am pretty sure he meant it. You probably do not rate high on his give-a-shit scale.

Wait one. Even for a hypocritical elitist, this one is rich.
Did you or dod you not post the quoted post below?

1) the Green text is YOU, LANCE19 misrepresenting everything about Fender. But I get it, you cant play the victim without making shit up to make you look victimized. I mean, that has been your modus operandi since you slithered into this forum.
2) the blue text is further misrepresenting of the event by LANCE19. Hypocrisy HO!
3) The red is just a fucking fantasy you made up. Why not write a children's book and call it how Lance survived the mean ole internet... You can make yourself the main protagonist and show how indignant you get when people hold you accountable for your actions, or point out when you are a hypocite.

Ahh, no Lancey-boo post is complete without his shot at the people he is too immature to communicate with. In the next few posts Lancey-boo will either go into great details about how awesome and smart he is, while being the victim of mean ole internet bullies, or quit for a while. Tried and true Lancisms.

Notice how he says dishonest words? Believe me, he knows what dishonest words are. He uses them every day.

Ahhh, Fender has made Lancey-boos super secret ignore list. Rather than talk like an adult, Lancey-boo will not just post snipes, and passive aggressive comments about Fender.

Fender, a person who I have not seen argue with many people, who seems to get along with everyone. But Lancey-boo can't hang with him... Says something about you Lance19. Something not very flattering. I suspect given enough time, you will only be quoting yourself and talking to yourself, because everyone else will be on your ignore list.

I will admit. You were correct. There was some misrepresenting going on. Unfortunately, once again, it was you doing it.
You know, I thought you were on his ignore list. So how would he know this?:
I predict a quick "Like" from a certain mod!
Certainly he wasn’t referring to the other mods. More lies. They have a term for this type of behavior: narcissistic personality disorder.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
You know, I thought you were on his ignore list. So how would he know this?:

Certainly he wasn’t referring to the other mods. More lies. They have a term for this type of behavior: narcissistic personality disorder.
Because his "ignore list" is just him refusing to respond. Much like you saw with Lances PM, he is not interested in discussion as much a dictation.

Sorry you got hit with the "you are misrepresenting me" pablum from Lance. Nothing is more frustrating than blatant hypocrisy.

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Mediocrity like Jr. Seau?
yeah but imagine all the national, not just local, endorsements Jr.woulda had if he'd played in a SB and won and not languished on multiple mediocre spanos teams. All I'm sayin'.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
yeah but imagine all the national, not just local, endorsements Jr.woulda had if he'd played in a SB and won and not languished on multiple mediocre spanos teams. All I'm sayin'.
Where would they come from? The local endorsement environment in SD was not very large. One of the big reasons IMHO that Eli wanted to go elsewhere.
The Chargers will eventually win a SB. We will probably be dust before then... The Spani do not help themselves, but IMHO to suggest a player is locked in mediocrity if they do not get a SB ring is BS. That insults past greats like Dan Fouts, Barry Sanders, Jr. Seau, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Brian Urlacker, Jim Kelley, Bruce Smith, Tony Gonzales, and Dan Marino to name a few.

Slightly different perspective I guess...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Today...I realized I can no longer really, personally, comment fairly on Bosa's contract or other player's contracts or the dumb face owners like Spanos. The GNP dropped 39.5% last quarter, millions of Americans are unemployed, your neighbors need to go to food banks, Congress can't pass unemployment insurance ( an automatic back into the economy fiscal tool), a President promotes crazy ass demon lover doctors, a raging pandemic. I feel wrong even pretending to care whether Bosa get $14.2 million this year or whether Johnnie Boy pays himself $3 million this year.

Wanna wish for a full football season....? Fine. I just wish it wouldn't be so real.
Millions upon millions of dollars, players and owners.
While others starve. Hard for me to enjoy.

Reactions: handoverfist

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Today...I realized I can no longer really, personally, comment fairly on Bosa's contract or other player's contracts or the dumb face owners like Spanos. The GNP dropped 39.5% last quarter, millions of Americans are unemployed, your neighbors need to go to food banks, Congress can't pass unemployment insurance ( an automatic back into the economy fiscal tool), a President promotes crazy ass demon lover doctors, a raging pandemic. I feel wrong even pretending to care whether Bosa get $14.2 million this year or whether Johnnie Boy pays himself $3 million this year.

Wanna wish for a full football season....? Fine. I just wish it wouldn't be so real.
Millions upon millions of dollars, players and owners.
While others starve. Hard for me to enjoy.
There is definitely a lot going on. I think many are going to use sports as a temporary escape from that. If you are looking at sports to be a leading voice in social causes, or correcting the market, then I would suggest the failure is in your expectations. That said, I understand the pain, frustration or what have you with the current events.
However, please be considerate of others and discuss the political nature of these in the appropriate forum.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
There is definitely a lot going on. I think many are going to use sports as a temporary escape from that. If you are looking at sports to be a leading voice in social causes, or correcting the market, then I would suggest the failure is in your expectations. That said, I understand the pain, frustration or what have you with the current events.
However, please be considerate of others and discuss the political nature of these in the appropriate forum.
Sorry if it sounded Political. My old fashion idea of Politics is as follows, per John Adams. Humanity vs the Human in Charge. I will henceforth cease my “present day political points” within this thread.

4FAE695B-B2E9-4568-867A-968F505679AB.jpeg

Reactions: handoverfist

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Where would they come from? The local endorsement environment in SD was not very large. One of the big reasons IMHO that Eli wanted to go elsewhere.
The Chargers will eventually win a SB. We will probably be dust before then... The Spani do not help themselves, but IMHO to suggest a player is locked in mediocrity if they do not get a SB ring is BS. That insults past greats like Dan Fouts, Barry Sanders, Jr. Seau, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Brian Urlacker, Jim Kelley, Bruce Smith, Tony Gonzales, and Dan Marino to name a few.

Slightly different perspective I guess...
True. SD is not the place for players to garner endorsements, look at Tony Gwynn, although once again,,,,,,never got to win a WS. I guess my viewpoint is this: IF there were an antispanos owner in SD like Baron Hilton was.......and they ended up perennially winning Lombardi's like GB used to or the Pats......guys like Fouts, Jr., etc etc etc would probably receive endorsements up the wazoo. And those would be national simply because the SD Chargers would be a household name, hell I don't know maybe even America's team folk liked those old classic 60's powder blues so much around the country. But instead we got an owner who wins NEVER. Bosa will have a better shot in LA because of the market but I don't think they ever will be LAs team....Spanos is just too unliked. JMHO. But I see your point re: SD....it's just off the map sports wise....both football and baseball never won the prize even once.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
True. SD is not the place for players to garner endorsements, look at Tony Gwynn, although once again,,,,,,never got to win a WS. I guess my viewpoint is this: IF there were an antispanos owner in SD like Baron Hilton was.......and they ended up perennially winning Lombardi's like GB used to or the Pats......guys like Fouts, Jr., etc etc etc would probably receive endorsements up the wazoo. And those would be national simply because the SD Chargers would be a household name, hell I don't know maybe even America's team folk liked those old classic 60's powder blues so much around the country. But instead we got an owner who wins NEVER. Bosa will have a better shot in LA because of the market but I don't think they ever will be LAs team....Spanos is just too unliked. JMHO. But I see your point re: SD....it's just off the map sports wise....both football and baseball never won the prize even once.
As ex Charger, HOF Coach (both LA and SD 1960-1965) said....
.......on his very first day as Pittsburgh Steelers head coach. When asked about taking over a Pittsburgh team that had excelled at losing 40 years, Noll's response was a concise as it was penetrating. “Losing has nothing to do with geography.”

It's not San Diego and currently it's not Los Angeles. Look for the common denominators.
Chuggers ain't winning a SB. Unless it's in a Quantum parallel world.
Even there, they lose by 1 point.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
As ex Charger, HOF Coach (both LA and SD 1960-1965) said....
.......on his very first day as Pittsburgh Steelers head coach. When asked about taking over a Pittsburgh team that had excelled at losing 40 years, Noll's response was a concise as it was penetrating. “Losing has nothing to do with geography.”

It's not San Diego and currently it's not Los Angeles. Look for the common denominators.
Chuggers ain't winning a SB. Unless it's in a Quantum parallel world.
Even there, they lose by 1 point.
One one hand, defensive players rarely get lucrative endorsements (plus Joey isn't
even the most decorated Bosa) and no Charger ever has...so I don't think being in the
big L.A. market does Joey much good.

On the other hand, while I do think that LAC ownership is widely disliked around the league,
the Bosa signing suggests that the distaste isn't as pronounced as I hoped.
My wish was that he'd be willing to take a little less to sign with better ownership
(I have no way of knowing if a better team wanted to offer a little more, but not enough).

Because of the stiff price tag, I don't necessarily see the signing as a "win" for the LAC,
but the fact that he stayed at all disappoints me.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The Bosa signing I think was forced by the Covid and schedule. Once he signed, and I assume he did, he's guaranteed $78 million dollars. By next league year (again assuming there is one of some sort 'this year'), it's $102 million guaranteed. Should be guaranteed against injury, so he's pretty well set. Some year it will be, Chuggers want to trade Bosa, can't “find partner due to the contract.”

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
The Bosa signing I think was forced by the Covid and schedule. Once he signed, and I assume he did, he's guaranteed $78 million dollars. By next league year (again assuming there is one of some sort 'this year'), it's $102 million guaranteed. Should be guaranteed against injury, so he's pretty well set. Some year it will be, Chuggers want to trade Bosa, can't “find partner due to the contract.”
Maybe.
I wish the guy well.
And I really don't have any beef with the LAC players
(though once Rivers, Gates & Gordon, etc., were gone, I really had very , very little attachment)

But I despise ownership, and find it difficult to respect people who defend or try to sidestep
the spanos behavior. Which puts me in kind of an awkward situation: I want only the worst
for the ownership scumbags...but don't really wanna see innocent players get hurt...

Reactions: Harryo the K

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Maybe.
I wish the guy well.
And I really don't have any beef with the LAC players
(though once Rivers, Gates & Gordon, etc., were gone, I really had very , very little attachment)

But I despise ownership, and find it difficult to respect people who defend or try to sidestep
the spanos behavior. Which puts me in kind of an awkward situation: I want only the worst
for the ownership scumbags...but don't really wanna see innocent players get hurt...
I also want the scumbags Spanni to fail. Players get injured and again, many of these injuries are because players are put in spots they can't handle by those scumbag idiot owners.
Who's the starting left tackle?
That guy is probably not going to make 16 or 17 or 10 games because he not good enough, he got the job because the boys wanted to spend money on 'other things’. “Want” them to get injured? No. Expect them to? Yes.

Owners get injured? Lifetime IR. One Lousy group.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I also want the scumbags Spanni to fail. Players get injured and again, many of these injuries are because players are put in spots they can't handle by those scumbag idiot owners.

Owners get injured? Lifetime IR. One Lousy group.
The spanii were BORN with CTE. :tup:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Bosa took the Spanni to the ATM. Yikes. Goodby Melvin for Chugger dudes.

I bet Johnnie Boy wanted this more than TT. But Johnnie Boy will be there thanks the crappy NFL and TT might well not be.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Bosa took the Spanni to the ATM. Yikes. Goodby Melvin for Chugger dudes.

I bet Johnnie Boy wanted this more than TT. But Johnnie Boy will be there thanks the crappy NFL and TT might well not be.

yup, the guy is getting top QB money (see article) and if this goes south a la Flacco and they broke the bank for one guy, TT will take the fall and Johnny Boy will still be around after the nuclear fallout.....just like the coackroach he is.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
yup, the guy is getting top QB money (see article) and if this goes south a la Flacco and they broke the bank for one guy, TT will take the fall and Johnny Boy will still be around after the nuclear fallout.....just like the coackroach he is.
Exactly. If you're starting Tyrod Taylor, you offer Bosa in a trade for multiple no.1 picks.
You end up only paying your real proven starting quarterback that kinda money.
What if Bosa complains about losing, see his younger brother Nick winning playoff games? No one will trade for that contract. Raiders saw a few years ago that they 'couldn't afford' Mack esp. on a bad team. They took the picks. If the Bosa name can sell tickets, fine. But a 2-7 record is more likely to remove those tickets. Ah...the Spanni....they can't even be cheap
when they should be!!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Spanos is tilting the pay scale for a non-QB player in the league...but that's what happens when you're playing with house money...you tend to spend foolishly.

I'm always surprised when people say that a particular owner is paying a player's contract, or when the player thanks the owner for giving him the big bucks...Since it's always the fans that are paying for the contracts; and in this case, it's the NFL fans from across the country, since the LAC have no fanbase of their own.

Has anyone ever wondered what would happen if they stopped revenue sharing in the NFL? Do you think for ONE MINUTE that the Spanos family would spend a dollar of their own money to give someone like Bosa a record contract? How long would it take before teams like the LAC fold?....and as I wrote that last sentence, I thought to myself>>> Is there another team in the league that benefits more from Revenue Sharing? and the answer is....NONE!

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Spanos is tilting the pay scale for a non-QB player in the league...but that's what happens when you're playing with house money...you tend to spend foolishly.

I'm always surprised when people say that a particular owner is paying a player's contract, or when the player thanks the owner for giving him the big bucks...Since it's always the fans that are paying for the contracts; and in this case, it's the NFL fans from across the country, since the LAC have no fanbase of their own.

Has anyone ever wondered what would happen if they stopped revenue sharing in the NFL? Do you think for ONE MINUTE that the Spanos family would spend a dollar of their own money to give someone like Bosa a record contract? How long would it take before teams like the LAC fold?....and as I wrote that last sentence, I thought to myself>>> Is there another team in the league that benefits more from Revenue Sharing? and the answer is....NONE!
Sorry, but you are incorrect.
1) Spanos is tilting the pay scale for non-QB players.
a1.1) Spanos lead in nothing, but the ability to fuck up what they do
a1.2) The Chargers are (fianlly) paying a player commiserate with other top player contracts, currently. Are you forgetting the recent contracts for Donald and Garrett as examples? The Spanos, no fuck them... The Chargers front office, for once, are paying an excellent player what it takes to keep them. I know you do not like Bosa, and think this or that about him. But watch what the other players in the NFL say about him... That might give you perspective.

2) They are playing with house money. Spending foolishly.
a2.1) Every team has an amount of money they can work with. You know how the salary cap works so we do not need to go into that.
a2.2) Teams and new contracts (Donald, Garret, Mahomes etc.) are getting more guaranteed moneys, but they also have resets built into them, so a 10 year contract really isnt a 10 year contract. See Brady's new contract with the Patriots last season. It was not really a 5 year (or whatever) contract. The guaranteed money is what the team will be on the hook for. Bosa's guaranteed money ends after the 6th year of the contract. That is not so bad. House money? Not really.
a2.3) How is this spending foolishly? They actually ensured continuity. This off season especially is weird. The Chargers eliminated a distraction/complication by ensuring Bosa did not hold out, or even opt out of the season all together. The team actually did something proactively, and paid a player what they are worth. Not Charger/Spani-esque. Maybe that is what is throwing people off. How many arm chair GMs here waxed philosophical on where Bosa would end up? Now he is signed long term, with an affordable breakdown (providing he played 6 years) and everyone is now "Oh the Spani are such fools... etc. ect. ect." They wanted to see him elsewhere, but now that he is staying the Spani are fools. Well yes they are fools, but the front office did their job.

3) LAC have no fanbase of their own.
a3.1) In general I agree. However, how do you build a fan base? Do you do it by playing the Spani modus operandi? Be cheap and let good player after good player walk each season? No. You do it by keeping top players around. You pay good players that get their names on TV, who get talked about. Not by being the Brown each and every year.
4) Revenue Sharing.
a4.1) They havent done away with it, and wont be able to. There are more small fish in the owners pool than the Big fish. Big fish wont have the votes.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Conc..
1. Donald is the best. Bosa is not. The impact can't match the costs.
2. They were played well by Bosa's agent, probably Dad too.
3. They have no fan base. The terrible Browns do. If they wanted a fan base, you get Burrows no matter what it took. Starting Tyrod Tyler is a joke, no great interest to fans, esp. with LA fans non interest and the hatred most SoCal fans have against them.
4.Spanni are wasting the given revenue money with a bad contract and then doing reverse revenue sharing with a relocation fee for 10 years.

Bottom line if by year three, the year of injury guarantee starts, if the Chargers wanna save that $24 million, ( he could be injured or unhappy, etc. after year two) they will have paid him $78 million for two years, or $39 million per year. And Melvin will want his $20 million yearly deal next year. So if this is your year to go for it, you don't start Tyrod. The Spanni are the Spanni for a reason.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Conc..
1. Donald is the best. Bosa is not. The impact can't match the costs.
2. They were played well by Bosa's agent, probably Dad too.
3. They have no fan base. The terrible Browns do. If they wanted a fan base, you get Burrows no matter what it took. Starting Tyrod Tyler is a joke, no great interest to fans, esp. with LA fans non interest and the hatred most SoCal fans have against them.
4.Spanni are wasting the given revenue money with a bad contract and then doing reverse revenue sharing with a relocation fee for 10 years.

Bottom line if by year three, the year of injury guarantee starts, if the Chargers wanna save that $24 million, ( he could be injured or unhappy, etc. after year two) they will have paid him $78 million for two years, or $39 million per year. And Melvin will want his $20 million yearly deal next year. So if this is your year to go for it, you don't start Tyrod. The Spanni are the Spanni for a reason.
Yes, yes yes. You have your opinions. Your onions are blinded by your butt hurt and lacks anything in the realm of objectivity. I get it...

1) You are welcome to your opinion, but as already stated, it is public knowledge that your opinion regarding anything Chargers is jaded at best.
2) Lack of any information at your disposal indicates that this is more butt hurt up-chuck on your part. Can you provide any links citing anything to back what you are suggesting?
3) Yes. I get it. You have the butt hurt perspective on everything. Enough already. Yes they have a fan base. No it is not as large as it was in SD. Yes they have to work to grow it.
3a) Your opinion on Tyrod is old and well stated by you. However, you have no idea if he will perform in the Chargers system or not. The joke is yet to be told. Your crystal ball is flawed at best, as have been shown time and time again.
3b) I don't care about yours or anyone else's opinions on LA fans. Not a gnats dick more than I care about their opinion on SD fans. That pablum nonsense is just asinine.
4) Yes, in the opinion of Butt Hurt Harry, everything the Chargers do is something wasted. Got it. See the comments on your opinion and the lack of objectivity.

Bottom line. You are welcome to your opinion. I am welcome to disagree. If I see an opinion that is weighed with objectivity I will consider it.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Yes, yes yes. You have your opinions. Your onions are blinded by your butt hurt and lacks anything in the realm of objectivity. I get it...

1) You are welcome to your opinion, but as already stated, it is public knowledge that your opinion regarding anything Chargers is jaded at best.
2) Lack of any information at your disposal indicates that this is more butt hurt up-chuck on your part. Can you provide any links citing anything to back what you are suggesting?
3) Yes. I get it. You have the butt hurt perspective on everything. Enough already. Yes they have a fan base. No it is not as large as it was in SD. Yes they have to work to grow it.
3a) Your opinion on Tyrod is old and well stated by you. However, you have no idea if he will perform in the Chargers system or not. The joke is yet to be told. Your crystal ball is flawed at best, as have been shown time and time again.
3b) I don't care about yours or anyone else's opinions on LA fans. Not a gnats dick more than I care about their opinion on SD fans. That pablum nonsense is just asinine.
4) Yes, in the opinion of Butt Hurt Harry, everything the Chargers do is something wasted. Got it. See the comments on your opinion and the lack of objectivity.

Bottom line. You are welcome to your opinion. I am welcome to disagree. If I see an opinion that is weighed with objectivity I will consider it.
Butt Hurt Harry...I like it. Conc, last year, I predicted a bad year, you told me to wait till the games are played. They played. Bad year. You love the Chuggers, “hate” the Spanni, always give them them the benefit, always taking a shot at the only fans the Chuggers every had—the SD fans. “Building their fan base”? It's been three years, the team is a running punchline as having only opposing team fans in the stands. Hate to break it to you, but the Spanni Chargers don't build fan bases, they destroy them. Watch for my
Opt Out Standing NFL Prediction list in the coming weeks. Folks are backing up waiting for it. BHH.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Sorry, but you are incorrect.
1) Spanos is tilting the pay scale for non-QB players.
a1.1) Spanos lead in nothing, but the ability to fuck up what they do
a1.2) The Chargers are (fianlly) paying a player commiserate with other top player contracts, currently. Are you forgetting the recent contracts for Donald and Garrett as examples? The Spanos, no fuck them... The Chargers front office, for once, are paying an excellent player what it takes to keep them. I know you do not like Bosa, and think this or that about him. But watch what the other players in the NFL say about him... That might give you perspective.

2) They are playing with house money. Spending foolishly.
a2.1) Every team has an amount of money they can work with. You know how the salary cap works so we do not need to go into that.
a2.2) Teams and new contracts (Donald, Garret, Mahomes etc.) are getting more guaranteed moneys, but they also have resets built into them, so a 10 year contract really isnt a 10 year contract. See Brady's new contract with the Patriots last season. It was not really a 5 year (or whatever) contract. The guaranteed money is what the team will be on the hook for. Bosa's guaranteed money ends after the 6th year of the contract. That is not so bad. House money? Not really.
a2.3) How is this spending foolishly? They actually ensured continuity. This off season especially is weird. The Chargers eliminated a distraction/complication by ensuring Bosa did not hold out, or even opt out of the season all together. The team actually did something proactively, and paid a player what they are worth. Not Charger/Spani-esque. Maybe that is what is throwing people off. How many arm chair GMs here waxed philosophical on where Bosa would end up? Now he is signed long term, with an affordable breakdown (providing he played 6 years) and everyone is now "Oh the Spani are such fools... etc. ect. ect." They wanted to see him elsewhere, but now that he is staying the Spani are fools. Well yes they are fools, but the front office did their job.

3) LAC have no fanbase of their own.
a3.1) In general I agree. However, how do you build a fan base? Do you do it by playing the Spani modus operandi? Be cheap and let good player after good player walk each season? No. You do it by keeping top players around. You pay good players that get their names on TV, who get talked about. Not by being the Brown each and every year.
4) Revenue Sharing.
a4.1) They havent done away with it, and wont be able to. There are more small fish in the owners pool than the Big fish. Big fish wont have the votes.
Damn Conc.....this looks like a legal document. LOL. Did CC steal your avatar????? LOL