Jarret Bell Article

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
Jarrett Bell Article

USA Today

As he buttoned his shirt in the empty locker room, Rivers pondered what he might have proved by demonstrating so much poise under pressure on a big stage.

"In my mind, I know what I can do," he said. "I guess the people that don't know — it was my fourth game — I guess there's some things I showed tonight. I stood in there, made some throws. But I don't walk away going, 'Man, I can't believe I did that.' "

Then Rivers stopped and audibled to a bigger picture.

"You know what I think this does? It's bigger for my teammates," he said. "I can earn all the trust and respect I want in the offseason, by working hard, being there every day and all of that. But the bottom line in this deal is winning. I was able to show that in a big-time game, when the game's on the line, I'm able to do my part."

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
Jarrett Bell Article

mapcap55 said:

As he buttoned his shirt in the empty locker room, Rivers pondered what he might have proved by demonstrating so much poise under pressure on a big stage.

Sounds like a cheesy dime store romance novel . :lol: