• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jackson-Floyd to shine vs GB

RMANCIL

Look for Jackson and FLoyd to shine vs GB ,both have had a strong camp and should see lots of reps.

Whitehurst is another player who should impress big time on offense.

McNeil will see some of KGB in this game and it will be interesting to compare his game vs Jordan.

Wilhelm and Cooper should both see a lot of action as well , both have had a strong camp thus for.

Cromartie will be in on nickle dime packages and for folks who have not seen him he will stand out expect him to make some plays but don't be shocked if he looks a little green.

RMANCIL

What for some of us will be interesting will be the use of the Elephant set for the Bolts. TE Manumaleuna, with Gates and Jackson wide , the Bolts will sometimes split LT wide while leaving Neal in the backfield.

It sure does create some match up issues with the defense and LT as caught several skinny post off this formation in camp.

RMANCIL

Players on the hot seat.

1) ILB Carlos Polk: His age and lack of potential hurts him , he is Martys guy but Smith may veto Marty

2) DT Ryan Bingham: He has looked pretty good in camp but he has been injury proned and a challenger has slipped into camp in the form of Alvin Smith who has looked pretty good.

3) K Kurt Smith:Must put his kicks into the end zone or have Kaeding kick them short other wise he won't be around long.

4) S Lott , Pippens , Meeuwsen , Milligan are in a battle for what could be one spot and while Milligan made the Pro Bowl last season as a ST player he has made it known he wants to play in Miami.
Smith may make a trade other wise it is a very tight competition.

5) If the Bolts keep just 8 LB and it looks like Edwards will get traded to the Saints that leaves Merriman , Godfrey ,Foley ,Phillips ,Whilhelm , Cooper, as near locks with Harris ( missed most of T.C. injured) Dobbins ( speed on ST helps him a lot)
Gbaja-Biamila ( Best OLB in this group but can he also play ILB?)
Pollard, ( MAY BE A LONG SHOT), Archer, ( on the first bus out)

6) We need another CB bad and Smith needs to see if we have one on this roster or if he must go get one.

O'reilly

Nice takes RMANCIL...it is refreshing to read good takes without the incessant self-adulation that invariably accompanies the ramblings of the self-proclaimed experts...:rolleyes2: :yawn:

Shamrock

O'reilly said:
Nice takes RMANCIL...it is refreshing to read good takes without the incessant self-adulation that invariably accompanies the ramblings of the self-proclaimed experts...:rolleyes2: :yawn:
... I'm gonna steal your lunch money .....

WonderSlug

O'reilly said:
At least you don't alert the entire board that you are the best bully in the world everytime you post...not yet anyway...:lol:
"Hi! I'm Shamrock, a famous bully from the Chargers forums."

:lol:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Hi I'm Wonderslug and my moustache is infested with lice.

Hey slug go post in my cuthbert bolthead cheer thread :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

BFISA

RMANCIL said:
Look for Jackson and FLoyd to shine vs GB ,both have had a strong camp and should see lots of reps.

Whitehurst is another player who should impress big time on offense.

McNeil will see some of KGB in this game and it will be interesting to compare his game vs Jordan.

Wilhelm and Cooper should both see a lot of action as well , both have had a strong camp thus for.

Cromartie will be in on nickle dime packages and for folks who have not seen him he will stand out expect him to make some plays but don't be shocked if he looks a little green.
Thanx for that, RMany!!:tup:

BFISA

O'reilly said:
word

O'reilly said:
hey .... ***....

edit: I thought this was a liberal site - *** guess not...

RMANCIL

Shamrock said:
Cletis Gordon
Do you really think that he could step up and fill in if we have a injury? He sure hasn't done anything the impress me yet.

Keep in mind we always have a CB hurt.

Boltjolt

RMANCIL said:
Players on the hot seat.

1) ILB Carlos Polk: His age and lack of potential hurts him , he is Martys guy but Smith may veto Marty
Hasnt AJ always said he leves this up to Marty? Or is that for who starts?

5) If the Bolts keep just 8 LB and it looks like Edwards will get traded to the Saints that leaves Merriman , Godfrey ,Foley ,Phillips ,Whilhelm , Cooper, as near locks with Harris ( missed most of T.C. injured) Dobbins ( speed on ST helps him a lot)
Gbaja-Biamila ( Best OLB in this group but can he also play ILB?)
Umm, what? Best OLB of the group?:icon_huh:
I doubt he is considered for ILB.

RMANCIL

Boltjolt said:
Hasnt AJ always said he leves this up to Marty? Or is that for who starts?

Thats true , at this point I don't think Carlos will start now the real question is do you keep the vet and pay him or go with the younger player who has more potential and is cheaper?

When the last cuts are made you got to think that the coaches and the GM form some kind of consensus on the roster.

Umm, what? Best OLB of the group?:icon_huh:
I doubt he is considered for ILB.
I think he is one of the best if not the best of the group fighting for a spot on the roster however is being a OLB only hurts his chances imop.

Boltjolt

RMANCIL said:
I think he is one of the best if not the best of the group fighting for a spot on the roster however is being a OLB only hurts his chances imop.

Sorry but im just not buying that he is better than Merriman, Phillips or Foley. Remember, he was let go by the Raiders.

I do think Akbar is a great guy from what ive read and i wish him success....whether it is here or elsewhere. He COULD make the team, but is a long shot . Id be surprise if he beat out Harris.

Shamrock

Boltjolt said:
I do think Akbar is a great guy from what ive read and i wish him success....whether it is here or elsewhere. He COULD make the team, but is a long shot . Id be surprise if he beat out Harris.
Akbar's pub is blind local homerism at this point.

Until he does something, he is just camp meat.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
WonderSlug said:
Yeah, he'll need to be pretty impressive Saturday to make the cut.
AGB has always been a decent pass rusher, so I think in the second half he'll get teh chance and will indeed impress some players. With how well Cooper and Wilhelm are coming along I wouldn't be surprised to see trade talk for Edwards really really heat up

RMANCIL

Boltjolt said:
Sorry but im just not buying that he is better than Merriman, Phillips or Foley. Remember, he was let go by the Raiders.

Merriman, Phillips or Foley are not fighting for a spot. I said he was one of if not the best from the group fighting for a roster spot., but that his inability to project inside may cost him in his fight with Dobbins , Polk , Harris and company.