Is This The Best Defensive Showing Ever?

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is this the best defensive show in a game?


  • Total voters
    16
  • Poll closed .

goboilers

BoltTalker
Jun 29, 2006
1,059
39
180
40
So Far... Man this is Crazy!!!

Total Net Yards 29
Total Plays 23
Average Gain 1.3
Net Yards Rushing 17
Rushes 10
Avg. Per Rush 1.7
Net Yards Passing 12
Comp.-Att. 2-13
Yards Per Pass 0.9
Sacked-Yards Lost 0-0
Had Intercepted 0
Touchdowns 0
Rushing 0
Passing 0
Other 0

:bolt:

DO U FEEL THE THUNDER SAN DIEGO :icon_banana:
 

goboilers

BoltTalker
Jun 29, 2006
1,059
39
180
40
Jammer gets an Interception :lol: someone sold their soul to the devil for this kick ass performance :bolt:
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,915
1,825
350
San Diego, CA
TheLash said:
I don't think Jammer had a single penalty either did he?
he did not

wow

I was depressed throughout most of my career as a charger fan, so yeah this is the best i've seen, even better then the prime of teh Seau era
 

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
7,353
852
350
50
I voted yes but on a condition that we will have to see how they perform against higher octane offenses that has a lot of pass plays including trickery plays and if we can play at this intensity we are right now at the game 16 plateau then I can say for certain that we have the best.
 

BoltsFanUK

Well-Known Member
Sep 12, 2006
6,885
779
350
27
Kettering England
goboilers said:
So Far... Man this is Crazy!!!

Total Net Yards 29
Total Plays 23
Average Gain 1.3
Net Yards Rushing 17
Rushes 10
Avg. Per Rush 1.7
Net Yards Passing 12
Comp.-Att. 2-13
Yards Per Pass 0.9
Sacked-Yards Lost 0-0
Had Intercepted 0
Touchdowns 0
Rushing 0
Passing 0
Other 0

:bolt:

DO U FEEL THE THUNDER SAN DIEGO :icon_banana:
Now they are some crazy stats:tup: :tup: :icon_toast:

GO BOLTS:bolt: :bolt:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
17,404
598
350
We were laughing because at halftime because I think the Titans had 7 yards of offense. It was hideous.
 

Kitsune-udon

BoltTalker
Sep 17, 2006
153
3
90
41
Our secondary is much improved. The real test for them will be against the Steelers. I don't care for the Ravens offence much. :p
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
I voted no. It is a great showing, but it is not against teams we expect to have a challenge from.

Raiders, they may not break 1000 yards total offense this year. Titans are a little better, but not much.

I have LOVED how our D has performed, but I will wait till we play the teams that are a bit bettr put together before I say anything for sure.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
Jun 16, 2006
7,003
735
350
42
My favorite stat:

Kerry Collins had a QB rating of 1.3.

How is that even possible?
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
Jun 16, 2006
7,003
735
350
42
Concudan said:
I voted no. It is a great showing, but it is not against teams we expect to have a challenge from.

Raiders, they may not break 1000 yards total offense this year. Titans are a little better, but not much.

I have LOVED how our D has performed, but I will wait till we play the teams that are a bit bettr put together before I say anything for sure.
You go Conc. Toss that wet blanket around like it's nobody's business.
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
boltssbbound said:
You go Conc. Toss that wet blanket around like it's nobody's business.
:lol: Why call it a work of art when we are playing inferior treams. Isnt that the logic you and others used to discuss Drew Brees' performance when wearing lightning bolts? You know 'He was o.k. against weak teams, but he cant do good against good teams...'

Why is that different now. I said I was happy with the performance, but I will be damed if I am going to call it the best ever when it was against the Raiders and Titans. It was good, damn good, but best ever?:icon_huh:
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
Jun 16, 2006
7,003
735
350
42
Concudan said:
:lol: Why call it a work of art when we are playing inferior treams. Isnt that the logic you and others used to discuss Drew Brees' performance when wearing lightning bolts? You know 'He was o.k. against weak teams, but he cant do good against good teams...'

Why is that different now. I said I was happy with the performance, but I will be damed if I am going to call it the best ever when it was against the Raiders and Titans. It was good, damn good, but best ever?:icon_huh:
Nah, I always liked Brees. I think he struggled against good teams last year, yes. But neither the Titans or the Turds are as bad as we made them look.

I never said you should call it the best ever. But you just completely discount it because of the level of competition.
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
boltssbbound said:
Nah, I always liked Brees. I think he struggled against good teams last year, yes. But neither the Titans or the Turds are as bad as we made them look.

I never said you should call it the best ever. But you just completely discount it because of the level of competition.
Oh hell I am not compleetly discounting it at all. No team in the NFL can be compleetly discounted. Our D is looking lean, mean and ready. That is great! :tup:

Lets put it this way, JAMMER HAD AN INT!!!!:icon_eek: