Is it just me or. . .

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rule12b

Aug 16, 2006
does it seem like a bit of well, craziness/shrillness, has overtaken a threadstarter or two over on the SDUT boards in an unsettling way????

Could be just me. And I'll sort of leave it at that, (since I've met the guy(s)) but I wondered if anyone else noticed.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Rule12b said:
does it seem like a bit of well, craziness/shrillness, has overtaken a threadstarter or two over on the SDUT boards in an unsettling way????

Could be just me. And I'll sort of leave it at that, (since I've met the guy(s)) but I wondered if anyone else noticed.
Havent been over there much. But your welcome here.

TheLash

Aug 8, 2006
Last time I dropped by there was something like 8 Foley threads on the front page. I've been mostly here since then. But its probably not just you.:icon_shrug:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Rule12b said:

A lot of posters have just left boards which are heavily moderated into oblivion or innundated with functional illiterates and have made the pilgrammage to the mecca for Chargers posters.....here. :icon_toast:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
TheLash said:
Last time I dropped by there was something like 8 Foley threads on the front page. I've been mostly here since then. But its probably not just you.:icon_shrug:
Hey dude you showing up for the Steelers ?

Not many fans show up with their own beer steins surprisingly but you came prepared to party !!! Right on !!!

TheLash

Aug 8, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
Hey dude you showing up for the Steelers ?

Not many fans show up with their own beer steins surprisingly but you came prepared to party !!! Right on !!!
LOL! Thanks Trump! Naw I don't have a ticket for this one, hoping to make at least one more this year though. The stein was an xmas gift from mom, and goes to parties w/ me. Being in the minority as a Bolts fan up here in the SGV I try to find every way possible to represent.

Have a beer and a smoke for me though guys I'll be w/ you there in spirit!

GO BOLTS!

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
there are some real good people still there like forrest and bo but yeah that's especially true on hte padres board. They're a bunch of really ridiculous people who ***** and moan at everything.
The SDUT board has really gotten moronic since alot of people split

Electric Chair

May 23, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
there are some real good people still there like forrest and bo but yeah that's especially true on hte padres board. They're a bunch of really ridiculous people who ***** and moan at everything.
Bo bugs. :tdown: He is one of the main reasons I left.

I rarely even check that place anymore; which is sad considering the time I put into helping that site grow.

It has no soul.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
Electric Chair said:

I rarely even check that place anymore; which is sad considering the time I put into helping that site grow.

It has no soul.
Im good friends with Bo and Forrest, they're good people who write well and love their stuff. I guess its just because I've had better experiences witht hem then you did that I'm more positive about them. But hte site itself is getting royally lame

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
PostAnteaterCharger said:
We don't have anything like that here :no: :icon_mrgreen: :lol:

Reactions: WonderSlug

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Electric Chair said:

It has no soul.
BO?

I will say this, you were one of the best moderators I ever saw. You could disarm a fight with a simple PM. Never threatening, really cool! I like FO as well, I am sorry things are not well between the two of you.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Boltjolt said:
I still check out the UT but im not there as much as i used to be.
Me neither. After Shammy gave them the finger, I followed suit as well. :icon_rofl:

To me it makes no difference other than where one feels more comfortable posting. :tup:

UT has their own groove and so does this place, Chargers.com and GlorifyThePast etc etc .....

Hey it is all good and it is a matter of where do you have the best time in my book as well. :icon_toast:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
We all need to remember we are all part of one Charger community. If someone posts at GTP, thats cool, we are all Chargers fans. Same with Charger.com and the UT.

Its all good.

Thread_Killer

Feb 6, 2006
Chispa said:
I thought the UT was shrill and crazy months ago. Couldn't say about the UT now. Haven't been back much. This is where it's at, 12B. :cool:
I just go wherever Chispa goes. :eek:

:icon_mrgreen:

Reactions: WonderSlug

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
I read three forums. This one, Chargers.com and the old NFL Forum. I don't post much at the NFL Forum, but I like some of their regulars.

I only go to the UT when someone sends a link to check out something, and that is becoming more and more rare.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
The UT is now populated by a bunch of n00bs or previous lurkers that have taken to posting in the vacuum left by our wake.

75% of them are now what Shamrock and Trumpie deem as "ball-watching stat monkeys".

Ever since the Foley shooting at the beginning of last month and everything else that has occurred since then, I've only posted there maybe 20 times since then.

I have confidence in Thumper, ChargerRay, and the other mods so that they don't allow this forum to become chaotic and pissy as that one has become.

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
The reason why I chose to be part of these forums only is because of these posters.

Here and they in no particular order:

Trumpet Man
BFISA
Thumper
ChargerRay
Carrie1219
Leisure
MtlBoltsFan
Shamrock
Rexy2006
WonderSlug
sdchrger
thejdog
concudan
O'reilly
Chispa
Chelsea
Kimpossible
Thread Killer
SDRaiderH8er
PostAnteaterCharger

The list can go on and on. I just love the personalities here at Bolttalk forums. We are all Chargers Fans reguardless of forums we all frequent though.:icon_toast:

We are one Big Happy San Diego Chargers Family.

!!!!!SO GO CHARGERS!!!!!

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
Yeah the UT is pretty beat nowadays, BUT you'll have to admit that back in the day (before the format change) that the UT was the shat! Joe Football, Flutie fan #1, Guffy. Even after the change it was still VERY,VERY good, because of the posters that are here now (too many to list and I don't want to exclude anyone). The UT was a GREAT place for out of staters to get up to date info on the Chargers.

I think we ALL cut our teeth on the UT, and I will be grateful for that. But times change. I will say that this forum reminds me ALOT of the old UT and I haven't had this much fun posting and reading posts in a LONG time!!! So to all the old guys and the new ones :icon_toast:

Thread_Killer

Feb 6, 2006
Yeah, it is really cool that a lot of quality people have migrated here.

And we could make this place even better with a few prudent "poster trades" with the UT.

For instance, I'd take War Pig for Trumpie, straight up. :yes:

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
Thread_Killer said:
Yeah, it is really cool that a lot of quality people have migrated here.

And we could make this place even better with a few prudent "poster trades" with the UT.

For instance, I'd take War Pig for Trumpie, straight up. :yes:
Think we could trade Leisure for an OT thread :icon_shrug:

:lol:

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
PhillyChargerFan said:
Yeah the UT is pretty beat nowadays, BUT you'll have to admit that back in the day (before the format change) that the UT was the shat! Joe Football, Flutie fan #1, Guffy. Even after the change it was still VERY,VERY good, because of the posters that are here now (too many to list and I don't want to exclude anyone). The UT was a GREAT place for out of staters to get up to date info on the Chargers.

I think we ALL cut our teeth on the UT, and I will be grateful for that. But times change. I will say that this forum reminds me ALOT of the old UT and I haven't had this much fun posting and reading posts in a LONG time!!! So to all the old guys and the new ones :icon_toast:

:icon_toast: :yes: :icon_banana: