• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Interview with the Devil

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Your owner LAC fans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/...YMtzv3n-Twotq69UO9dh-FbIfM3g8089u09-KvJPUYi_I

Dean Spanos on Life Up the Coast
COSTA MESA, Calif. — Dean Spanos is breathing a sigh of relief.
Spanos, owner of the Los Angeles Chargers, has been criticized relentlessly for moving his team out of San Diego — into a soccer stadium, no less — and for the tepid reception the team has received in its new home 100 or so miles north.
But in sports, winning is the ultimate elixir, and the Chargers (and their new crosstown rivals, the Rams) are winning.
The Chargers went a surprising 12-4 this season, including victories in Seattle, Pittsburgh and Kansas City. They will face the Patriots in Foxborough, Mass. on Sunday.
The wins come at a critical time for the team, which has started selling seat licenses to would-be season-ticket holders in the new, 70,000-seat stadium the Chargers will share with the Rams beginning in 2020.
In an interview at the team’s training facility this week, Spanos said that the Chargers’ success was helping generate interest in the team, but that winning over fans in Los Angeles was a long-term project.
On the team’s decision to play temporarily in a 27,000-seat soccer stadium
“Just being able to get around the stadium, the amenities, all the game-day experience is important, and I think it’s appreciated.

On the sale of seat licenses for season tickets in the new stadium
“We’re probably where we thought we would be, and playing well really helps. Timing is everything. It kind of jumps every time [we win]. Monday mornings are great when you win in the playoffs.”
On the decision to price seat licenses as low as $100
“We gave up a little, but enough to make it more affordable. Once we get them there, it’s more important than trying to make another 25 or 30 bucks a ticket. And that really helps you establish yourself in the market.”
On the Chargers’ commitment to the market
“There’s no doubt we’re the Los Angeles Chargers. Los Angeles is our home.”

I understand how the San Diego fans feel, I can’t change that.

Tone deaf

At the same time, I knew coming up here it was going to take maybe a generation to build that kind of fan base. That’s not going to happen in two, three years. It’s a slow process.”

Good luck with that, you better have a Patriots like 15-20 years in a row. With PR 37.....

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Yet there’s nothing we can do about that that a-hole. He and his inbred family wins.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Way to represent SD Savage Lizard! Cool photo. Hope you enjoyed the Pat beatdown of Spanos today......absolutely priceless. Totally karmastic game to watch, the spanoses once again trip on their own dcks in front of a national audience embarrassing the city they claim to represent. Lucky for us this time it's LA. :D

Savage Lizard

FORMER Charger fan at 7000'
Way to represent SD Savage Lizard! Cool photo. Hope you enjoyed the Pat beatdown of Spanos today......absolutely priceless. Totally karmastic game to watch, the spanoses once again trip on their own dcks in front of a national audience embarrassing the city they claim to represent. Lucky for us this time it's LA. :D
I didn't watch, I still have not watched any Chargers games at all since the move. During the game I get a text from my former season ticket neighbor Steve, I guess he was hate-watching. He says "Chargers are laughable right now." That was excellent news, I figured things must not be going well. A little while later I get "This game is over. Time to go outside and do some yard work." At that point I knew things were going the way I had hoped. I get on Twitter (which I only use for Chargers hate) and it's GLORIOUS! There are a handful of guys on there who cradle Dean's balls non-stop, and they were f-cking M.I.A. It was beautiful. One of them is Dean's biggest ball cradler, runs his f-cking mouth all the time, and his gutless a-s has now made his account private. What a bitch move. Talking sh-t all year, bitches out when the inevitable happens.

All in all, an outstanding day!

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't watch, I still have not watched any Chargers games at all since the move. During the game I get a text from my former season ticket neighbor Steve, I guess he was hate-watching. He says "Chargers are laughable right now." That was excellent news, I figured things must not be going well. A little while later I get "This game is over. Time to go outside and do some yard work." At that point I knew things were going the way I had hoped. I get on Twitter (which I only use for Chargers hate) and it's GLORIOUS! There are a handful of guys on there who cradle Dean's balls non-stop, and they were f-cking M.I.A. It was beautiful. One of them is Dean's biggest ball cradler, runs his f-cking mouth all the time, and his gutless a-s has now made his account private. What a bitch move. Talking sh-t all year, bitches out when the inevitable happens.

All in all, an outstanding day!
Saying they were laughable was generous... They were not even on the field.