Inside Training Camp: Chargers 8/21

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Electric Chair

May 23, 2006
Inside Training Camp visits our Chargers tomorrow. It makes for some good tv time tomorrow night. Don't forget to set those tivos...

It airs at 3pm and 5pm on NFL Network. :icon_banana:

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
Electric Chair said:
Inside Training Camp visits our Chargers tomorrow. It makes for some good tv time tomorrow night. Don't forget to set those tivos...

It airs at 3pm and 5pm on NFL Network. :icon_banana:
I think I saw VJ in the Charger Girls: Making The Squad last night..He was rehabbing with the girl who tweaked her ankle...:lol:

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
can someone tape and post that on the internet
Time Warner still doesn't fracking have NFL network

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
can someone tape and post that on the internet
Time Warner still doesn't fracking have NFL network
You have to get Directv.

The hardcore fan needs his Directv for all the obvious reasons or just one really (the NFL Ticket and the NFL network).

Tell Time Warner to kiss your asss.....

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
Trumpet_Man said:
You have to get Directv.

The hardcore fan needs his Directv for all the obvious reasons or just one really (the NFL Ticket and the NFL network).

Tell Time Warner to kiss your asss.....
Why would you have NFL Ticket? You only watch Charger games and P()rn...:lol:

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
I don't exactly have control over the cable situation, I make do with what I have and I'm not a big fan of satelites anyway

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
Electric Chair said:
In regards to Sunday Ticket, do they show those games in HD?
If the game is in HD, it is shown in HD if you have the HD package...many of the lesser games are not...

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Electric Chair said:
In regards to Sunday Ticket, do they show those games in HD?
Oh yeah they do.

There is something called the Super Fan pass or some shit. It is worthy and allows you to see select games in HD. Not everything is in HD - yet and that is because of the broadcasters and not Directv.

They have a red zone channel showing all the games whose teams are in the red zone or goal zone so you can switch to those games real quick.

A lot of neat shit but it is pricey. .....and I attend half the games which makes it even harder to swallow but wtf.....it is all good.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
thejdog said:
You must have the HD package...$9.99 month or free if your name is thejdog
You need the Super Fan pass.

The HD package only covers shit like Discovery, espn, but not the select NFL games in HD.........

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
The HD packages are the shit. I mean THE SHIT !!!!

If you have never seen the NFL Ticket and all the accessories, you will not be disappointed.

If you have an HD-TIVO, you will be creaming your jeans.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
thejdog said:
:no: - I just went through all this. You don't nned supefan to get the HD feed, just the HD package (and of course the Sunday Ticket package)
No kidding? Damn ... I did not know that but it really does not matter because if it has anything to do with HD, I wanted it so I ordered it all........The HD investments are worth it before we die..........

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Trumpet_Man said:
No kidding? Damn ... I did not know that but it really does not matter because if it has anything to do with HD, I wanted it so I ordered it all........The HD investments are worth it before we die..........
Yeah, might as well spend the money now while you can enjoy it.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Trumpet_Man said:
The Discovery HD Channel has some amazing stuff to veg on .....
For those with Cox Cable HD, they will be using InHD2 (Channel 702) show some NFL Network football games, especially the preseason ones, in HD (ahem).

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
thejdog said:
Actually I think T-man may be right...I just checked their website. Looks like one needs the superfan to get the HD

All I know is DTV gave me the superfan and HD package for free last month after I threatend to cancel my sub.
I had thought the HD package only covered a few channels and not the NFL stuff.

I actually drag another big screen (50") into the living room which has all its own HD gear. This way one TV is on the channel which has 10 games going and I can watch the Bolts on another channel.

It is actually kind of a pain in the ass after a few brew and all the damn remotes not to mention if you leave a remote in the bathroom then it gets chaotic. :icon_mrgreen:

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
There is a shortage of HD Trucks. That is why some games are still not in HD...
If somebody wanted to make some quick jack, you would invest in HD trucks...The demand is WAAAAAAY higher than the supply...they just don't have enough of them to cover all the sporting events...
Some of the networks are paying 3 times what they would normally pay to get the trucks away from other networks...
This will be the case for the foreseeable future...

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
O'reilly said:
There is a shortage of HD Trucks. That is why some games are still not in HD...
If somebody wanted to make some quick, you would invest in HD trucks...The demand is WAAAAAAY higher than the supply...they just don't have enough of them to cover all the sporting events...
Some of the networks are paying 3 times what they would normally pay to get the trucks away from other networks...
This will be the case for the foreseeable future...
How much do these things cost? Like a million or two each, with all the hardware and transmission power?