Inside Slant 10-10-06

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
USA Today Inside Slant for 10-10-06

PLAYER NOTES

—LT Marcus McNeill suffered a fractured right hand Sunday. He will not require surgery and isn't expected to miss any practice time this week, or Sunday's game.

—LT Leander Jordan (stinger) isn't expected to practice this week.

—S Bhawoh Jue (knee) could work this week, but expecting him to be active for Sunday is likely a stretch.

—RB Michael Turner continues to prove he is the best backup in the league. Turner has rushed for 277 yards on just 41 carries; he's No. 24 among all backs in the league in yardage. The Chargers running game is ranked No. 2 in the league.

QB Billy Volek hasn't been able to supplant rookie Charlie Whitehurst as Philip Rivers' backup.

—CB Drayton Florence is among the most improved Chargers, playing in a secondary that has helped the club to the No. 1 ranking against the pass. S Marlon McCree has predicted Florence will have five interceptions this year; he got his first Sunday.

—CB Markus Curry, a member of the practice squad, was arrested on a domestic violence charge and released Monday.
McNeil has been impressive with a broken hand and this broken bone looks to not affect his playing time, I wonder how good he will be with two hands???

I wish that the Chargers would use LT and Turner as a combo in the backfield like say....maybe... Byner and Mack...

I wonder if Volek will start crying soon like he did in Tenn...

Has anyone heard why Florence sat out some of the game in Balt.? He has played well...are they just trying to let Cromartie get a foothold in the backfield?

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
mapcap55 said:
USA Today Inside Slant for 10-10-06

McNeil has been impressive with a broken hand and this broken bone looks to not affect his playing time, I wonder how good he will be with two hands???

Is this the same hand as in the preseason??

mapcap55 said:
I wish that the Chargers would use LT and Turner as a combo in the backfield like say....maybe... Byner and Mack...
I wouldn't show too much of that combo, we'll need it in Feb. against the Bears :tup:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Billy Volek is thanking God every day to be here, rather than playin 3rd fiddleta Young and Collins; he won't make any waves.:no:

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
BFISA said:
Billy Volek is thanking God every day to be here, rather than playin 3rd fiddleta Young and Collins; he won't make any waves.:no:

I'm not too worried about Volek making the 2nd string. He still has to learn this offense.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
PhillyChargerFan said:
I'm not too worried about Volek making the 2nd string. He still has to learn this offense.
Yeah, and he's only been here acuppola weeks...non problem.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
exodus said:
I dunno. Volek couldn't even beat out Collins.
I think there was a clash with the HC, 'specially after the Titans drafted Young 1st.

Anahoo, different circumstances here...plus he's onna team goin deep in the playoffs vs getting his brains beat in every weekend.

exodus

Nov 4, 2005
BFISA said:
I think there was a clash with the HC, 'specially after the Titans drafted Young 1st.

Anahoo, different circumstances here...plus he's onna team goin deep in the playoffs vs getting his brains beat in every weekend.
I'm sure he was pissed. He had been waiting to get his shot to lead that team. Maybe he thought he was going to pull a brees and keep young on the bench for a while. But Tenn. did make it pretty clear to McNair what their future was going to be, so...:unsure:

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
Volek will be elevated to second string as soon as our playoff run begins
No question

btw the 747 is showing some great toughness with two hands busted

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
BFISA said:

Actually, from what it appears, from all the talk by ESPN and NFL Network, it was a combination of factors that led to McNair and Volek leaving. Mainly Norm Chow.

They were talking about McNair leaving especially in last night's Ravens-Broncos game. How all that stuff transpired while Jeff Fisher was away, and it was the Titans management and Norm Chow that caused it.