Injury Updates--good news

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Chargers | Dielman injured hamstring Week 1
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:42:37 -0700

Casey Pearce, of Chargers.com, reports San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman (hamstring) suffered a hamstring injury Week 1, although he is expected to play Week 2.

Chargers | Olshansky injury update
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:34:50 -0700

Casey Pearce, of Chargers.com, reports San Diego Chargers DE Igor Olshansky (knee) suffered a sprained MCL Week 1, but should play Week 2.

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
Great news.

If big Igor was down for any length of time that would have been a big hit to us.

Wasn't even aware of the Dielman injury.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Against the Titans, I would sit Igor and Dielman...let them heal over the bye week and then they have almost 3 weeks to get right....

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Trumpet_Man said:
Against the Titans, I would sit Igor and Dielman...let them heal over the bye week and then they have almost 3 weeks to get right....
:tup:

Word. They are more important for our tough games versus Baltimore and Pitt.

Dublin Bolt

BoltTalker
Aug 12, 2006
Dublin, Oul Sod.
WonderSlug said:
:tup:

Word. They are more important for our tough games versus Baltimore and Pitt.
Yeah Malcom Floyd can go in there at LG and do a gr8 job, he's well able to give Little Nick a hand with those BIG defensive tackles. Way to go Malcom, you could even go eligible and make use of your big frame when in the Gold Zone.:lol:

ntman68

Aug 16, 2006
Orange County, CA
Injuries... the elephant in the room.

This is very good news that they are even considering returning for week 2. How many times have good teams been relegated to basement status because of the dreaded injury fairy?

A healthy team is a winning team.

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
That is great news about IGOR and dielman. We need those guys. If this defense is gonna be the best in the league IGOR will be a big help to that.

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
That is a good point. What they might do is just play them part time. i'm with you though. Were going to need them big time starting week 4. Ravens and pittsburgh will be big big games.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
foober said:
That is a good point. What they might do is just play them part time. i'm with you though. Were going to need them big time starting week 4. Ravens and pittsburgh will be big big games.
The Titans game should be an easy game (not a trap game) so no need to kill our horses at this point in the marathon.