1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities for the sports fans. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Inglewood

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Savage Lizard, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,931
    I went to a concert at The Forum last night, saw the construction progress of STAN KROENKE'S stadium. I have never been to that area before other than passing by on the way to LAX. I was surprised how sh-tty the area is. Yeah, they will have a nifty new stadium and all the development around that, but as soon as you leave that it's a sh-thole. Mission Valley > Inglewood.

2. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +808
    The surrounding area will probably improve a lot, just like with the Gaslamp after Petco was built.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,317
    Most of the venues in LA are surrounded by shitholes. Just that way LA is laid out. Overpopulated and very little land.

4. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +1,931
    I was thinking that, but there is a lot of sh-thole around there.

5. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +1,931
    A lot of L.A. is not very nice. As stated before, their biggest selling point is having a sh-tload of people, which is the biggest reason I stay the hell out of there.

6. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,246
    Lipstick on a pig
    [​IMG]

7. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +808
    Good point. There's only so much lipstick you can put on a pig.

8. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,846
    Anybody been down to the San Diego Sports Arena lately? Or go a few blocks from Petco?

[​IMG]

9. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,246
  10. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,070
  11. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +1,931
    I was comparing Inglewood to Mission Valley. And regardless of what's happening in those two areas, it doesn't change Inglewood being a sh-thole.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,846
    My point is there are lot of sh!t holes. Mission valley tank farm is not a picturesque picnic spot...

Me thinks your rose colored glasses are at work again. Lol.

13. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,070
  14. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +1,931
    Go drive around the area and get back to me.

15. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +956
    I like Mission Valley because it is enjoyable and is the place I spent 10 Sundays annually for about 20 years.

I like Inglewood because it is in a song and is fun to say.

16. captaind

captaind Resist the Dark Side — Join the Alliance

Ratings:
    +248
    Went to an LA Kings game back in the 90s at the Forum before they moved to Staples. I was also struck by how ****** the neighborhood was. Sounds like not much has changed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,070
    Imagine you have $300 ticket, a $4800 licensed seat you are paying on monthly,
    and you already spend $100 for a prepaid parking spot.

And you're stuck in traffic on the 405. Sigalert called. Delay expected to last several hours.

But....hey, you didn't have to watch AG and Johnnie Boy eating shrimp cocktails
    while sitting during the national anthem.

18. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +370
    Since they remodled The Forum to be concerts only it’s a great place to see a show. It’s the only venue I’ve ever been to that I’ve never had to wait in line for a beer. But yeah it’s in a ****** neighborhood. They’ll make a nice sized “safe zone” around the stadium area though so it won’t be an issue.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +1,931
    Leg room sucks though. I'm 6'4" and was very uncomfortable.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +609
    No doubt about that. The same can be said for Yankee Stadium. I went the last year of old Yankee Stadium and it took descending into the depths of hell to ride a packed and smelly subway to a sh_thole area to get to Yankee Stadium. The new stadium there is right next to where the old one was. It was being built when I was there.

I really loved going to Chargers and Padres games (before Petco) at what was last called the Q when the Chargers were there. I think Mission Valley is way better than a lot of places and definitely better than Inglewood.

That said, the new stadium in Los Angeles is very likely to be an amazing structure when it finally opens.

21. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +1,931
    I would imagine so with the amount of money Stan Kroenke is spending on it and the surrounding development.

22. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +956
    Football shouldn't be played in an amazing structure. It should be played on a football field where normal people can afford to drink beer and cheer on their heroes.

If the L.A. thing is anything like that giant piece of overpriced fluff in Dallas, the NFL will be one step closer to being as popular as the LPGA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,246
    In the day when American Football was a real game, the elements were a huge part of the experience for viewers and players and the unpredictability of that was what gave the game it's soul. They've sterilized and neutered the game so much from it's original form it's almost unrecognizable anymore. NFL sucks today compared to what the real game was back when men were men. (all of the other factors other than weather and open stadiums and grass fields , have already been gone over. They are numerous and every one is a signficant negative compared to the true intent of the original game)

• Creative Creative x 1
  24. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,070
    GO EAGLES!!

25. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,246
    yeah true, the teams that still dare to play in open stadiums on grass and don't give a damn about weather conditions are teams to still admire at least for that element. But all the other negative factors that have changed the game are still there, let's not forget about those, almost too numerous to mention.

26. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +609
    Have you been to AT&T Stadium in Dallas? It is a nice stadium where all kinds of sporting events take place.

The new flagship NFL stadium in Los Angeles is likely to be the best in the league when it is completed. IMO, a good stadium does add to the overall experience.

27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    FUDEAN

28. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    my hope for the nfl is it fails before I take a dirt nap

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,846
    Wont happen, but i hope your dirt nap is a long ways away.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,070
    Stick around.
    Watch rule 2021 —206.445 defenders can hold on to but not grab runner, use of force to 'surrender a runner' cannot be excessive and no tackling is permitted, Quarterbacks are not considered runners unless they fail to stop after 10 yards.

Watch Rule 2022–208.778. Fans must pay for a tickets and personal seat licenses in advance of first preseason game of July 1. Fans seen gambling on mobile devices within Stadium sacred grounds, will be detained and charged a “chance fee”. All devices on the parties involved will be included, so a 'chance fee' will be multipled.