• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Igor Out for the YEAR????

M

matilack

Guest
#7
Why havent I heard it anywhere else, I dont believe it until its in the injury report on thursday.
 
#9
From SDUT & LT 21"

"No, it's me. At this point it's a "rumor" but chances are it's true and story to go live tomorrow. I HOPE I'M WRONG!

From what I've been told, torn meniscus and is currently discussing and debating whether to have surgery now."
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#10
A torn meniscus as reported by rumor by a UT MOD is not season ending surgery and relatively simple....

Two weeks healing max is needed so I call bull **** on anyones season being ended with a torn meniscus with even surgery being involved.

Someone needs a hug for attention it would seem. :yes:
 
#13
Trumpet_Man said:
A torn meniscus as reported by rumor by a UT MOD is not season ending surgery and relatively simple....

Two weeks healing max is needed so I call bull **** on anyones season being ended with a torn meniscus with even surgery being involved.

Someone needs a hug for attention it would seem. :yes:
I just want it to NOT TO BE TRUE.
 
#17
If Igor has surgical repair... depending on the surgery, he could be out for up to six weeks... :icon_eek:

Hey, did anyone else get an email regarding a new Chargers forum/blog?... I know who this person is and I have absolutely no idea how he got my email address.... :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#18
carrie1219 said:
If Igor has surgical repair... depending on the surgery, he could be out for up to six weeks... :icon_eek:

Hey, did anyone else get an email regarding a new Chargers forum/blog?... I know who this person is and I have absolutely no idea how he got my email address.... :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:
I did, don't know him, but wondered the same thing!!:icon_eek: :tdown: :icon_evil:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#20
carrie1219 said:
I doubt he'd (LT 21) put his reputation on the line like this if he didn't have something fairly solid.
I think you put your reputation on the line when it is suggested a torn meniscus is season ending ......

I have not seen this type of injury as season ending EVER !!!!

This is a procedure that is usually done at the end of the year or immediately with fast healing times (14 days or so if not faster).
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#21
carrie1219 said:
If Igor has surgical repair... depending on the surgery, he could be out for up to six weeks... :icon_eek:
Plus, is it to repair a tear, or is it a menisectomy...if so, it a medial or lateral menisectomy??

Too many unanswered questions, but I agree LT21 woulddn't put his rep on the line to try to get attention.
 
#22
BFISA said:
Plus, is it to repair a tear, or is it a menisectomy...if so, it a medial or lateral menisectomy??

I'm thinking that at Igor's age that he'd undergo surgery to remove the tear, menisectomy.... or repair it if possible.... Yup, way too many unanswered questions at this point.

Best just to wait and see... what the real story is...
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#23
BFISA said:
Plus, is it to repair a tear, or is it a menisectomy...if so, it a medial or lateral menisectomy??

Too many unanswered questions, but I agree LT21 woulddn't put his rep on the line to try to get attention.
I understand ANY meniscus tear and repair is two if not 3 weeks tops healing time.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#24
Trumpet_Man said:
I understand ANY meniscus tear and repair is two if not 3 weeks tops healing time.
I dunno, Bro, this isn't like arthroscopic surgery...anahoo, I'm not gonna join the speculatin game, jes hope it ain't true.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#26
carrie1219 said:
Hey, did anyone else get an email regarding a new Chargers forum/blog?... I know who this person is and I have absolutely no idea how he got my email address.... :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:
Jes gotta'nuther'un!!:icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :tdown:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#27
BFISA said:
I dunno, Bro, this isn't like arthroscopic surgery...anahoo, I'm not gonna join the speculatin game, jes hope it ain't true.
http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/meniscusinjuries1/a/meniscus_3.htm

When can I return to sports?

It depends on your comfort level. For most menisectomies, patients can resume their activities as tolerated. For most patients, this means returning to normal walking within a few days to a week, returning to jogging within a month, and returning to sports within 4-8 weeks. Some patients take longer, others are quicker.
 
M

matilack

Guest
#28
Trumpet_Man said:
A torn meniscus as reported by rumor by a UT MOD is not season ending surgery and relatively simple....

Two weeks healing max is needed so I call bull **** on anyones season being ended with a torn meniscus with even surgery being involved.
Someone needs a hug for attention it would seem. :yes:
I played 10 games with a torn meniscus in high school, it doesnt hurt as bad as you would think, he can tough it out.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#29
Even if Igor needs the surgery, get it done so we have him for the playoffs. We will need him 100%.

Our schedule is soft so we will not get fuc't that bad losing Igor for 4weeks or so.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#30
matilack said:
I played 10 games with a torn meniscus in high school, it doesnt hurt as bad as you would think, he can tough it out.
I say we gut him like a fish and get him healed for the post season. We face a host of pussies from here out except for Denver.
 

Top