• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If I take Amtrak, can I watch NFL enroute?

Question about riding Amtrak from L.A.: Is there a railcar that shows the morning NFL games, on the way, and the Sunday night game, on the way back? If not, and I buy and bring a portable TV, is the reception decent enroute for CBS, FOX, and NBC? Please let me know.

sodium said:
Question about riding Amtrak from L.A.: Is there a railcar that shows the morning NFL games, on the way, and the Sunday night game, on the way back? If not, and I buy and bring a portable TV, is the reception decent enroute for CBS, FOX, and NBC? Please let me know.

I took the amtrak to the niner game. Know this for future reference. There is only 1 train that goes all the way up the coast if you take the other one you have to take the amtrak bus to bakersfield then the train to stockton and a bus into oakland or wherever it is your trying to go if it's up north. Depends on the train. In the Cafe of some trains there tv's with games on.

sodium said:
between LA and SD there is no TV's I have ever seen. I have ridden in the 1st class seats and gen class. No TV's

TheLash

I think antenna based recption in a rolling metal box would be poor for any portable TV. I love the idea of taking the train down for the game though. next solo run I'm doing that.