I watched the first half of ...

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
that Kroenkes - Squawks game yesterday. I can only assume, because they were in the Super Bowl last year, the Rams are one of the NFL's best teams. But, in the two games I have seen them play, they look like they don't have an ounce of defense. How is it possible for a defenseless team to have done so well just a year ago? It had to have been rigged last year.

Did anybody see any Rams games last year? Did anybody notice calls going the Rams way? Is it less so this year?

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I do not think calls go "one way" to a given team. I think calls "go a certain way" for the good of the League, the TV networks, and the Lawyers. Obviously one team might get a majority of these calls, but the intent is more League wise looking good "optics" than one team 'winning' a game. The season is just to see who wants to play the Patriots in Feb.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I do not think calls go "one way" to a given team. I think calls "go a certain way" for the good of the League, the TV networks, and the Lawyers. Obviously one team might get a majority of these calls, but the intent is more League wise looking good "optics" than one team 'winning' a game. The season is just to see who wants to play the Patriots in Feb.
What would benefit the League is if the L.A. teams bring in a bunch of new fans. My theory says that is why the Spanoses and Kroenkes suddenly became post-season teams shortly after moving.

The fact neither team pulls much for TV ratings, I think, will lead to at least one of them getting wiped off the list of acceptable Super Bowl contenders.

So, back to my question: did the Rams get calls last year? I didn't see any help for them the parts of the games I saw this year.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Your question cannot be answered by mere mortals but I can say the Ram defense isn't the same as last year. Several players are no longer Rams

On offense, Gurley is done. Injured and will never be the same.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Your question cannot be answered by mere mortals but I can say the Ram defense isn't the same as last year. Several players are no longer Rams

On offense, Gurley is done. Injured and will never be the same.
Okay. That makes sense then.