• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hurricane Stanley

Hurricanes win the cup!!!!

So many emotions, events spill over with Cup win

By Scott Burnside
ESPN.com

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Stanley Cup reflects a million things.

Love and redemption, sweat and pain, the impossible and the improbable, the heroic and the selfless.

And if you looked closely enough as the euphoric Carolina Hurricanes swarmed onto the RBC Center ice Monday night and took their turns hoisting the mighty silver canister above their heads, you might have seen every one of those million things.

"I had tears in my eyes. It's a thing you just visualize your whole life when you're a kid," said Carolina forward Matt Cullen, who turned in his best performance of this compelling finals series in the Hurricanes' Cup-clinching 3-1 victory.

"I thought a lot about that today. I had some time alone and I thought about it, just visualizing and imagining it happening. You're that close and now we have it," Cullen said in the quiet moments before the champagne corks began to ricochet off the dressing room ceiling.

If a hockey game can be a thing of beauty, then this was such a game.
click here to read the whole article