Hatin' Harry's Chuggers Thread 2021 and Beyond to Infinity

Fender57

Blot Talker
Sep 7, 2008
Telesco played at John Carroll, which is located in Ohio, in the 1990s. Staley spent three seasons there as the defensive coordinator and secondary coach.
Ha! I didn’t know that, explains why the kook was hired.

Telescope is learning about selective nepotism quite well from his mentors the Spenis idiots (aka the three stooges).

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
As predicted. They also fired the QB coach. Spanii never address the real problems . Staley picked the OC....Staley oversaw that disastrous strategy and humiliating loss and pulled a 'Dan Quinn'.....who is getting fired AGAIN. If they want to start actually being relevant they should sell the team. The SPANII are the problem. Staley just is a 'suck up' HC....we saw that after they clinched a WC spot and he handed the gameball to Deanis the Penis....I mean big deal you make the playoffs. I guess that was their super bowl lmao.

NEWSFLASH: THE CHARGERS SIGN NORV TURNER AS THEIR NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR , THEY "WANT CONTINUUITY" :p :tup: :D

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Los Angeles will have roughly $10 million over the cap for the 2023 season, the fifth-worst situation in the NFL. This number is before a potential contract extension for quarterback Justin Herbert. 6 hours ago

Bosa about $31 milion
Mack about $2 7 million
Allen about $21.5 Million

Funny sorta

That is great! I wonder how many of those defensive players like Mack, Joseph-Day, Tranquil, VanNoy, etc etc will have to be let go? LMAO at the chugs. Cap trouble and still can't beat anyone but tomato cans.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Ha! I didn’t know that, explains why the kook was hired.

Telescope is learning about selective nepotism quite well from his mentors the Spenis idiots (aka the three stooges).
yeah if you look back at the history of things and how telesco even managed to get into the football business......he was a classmate or college-mate of Polian's son at Carroll College and thus ended up in Indy for a while and climbed the ladder there. I'm sure Polian gave him rave reviews just because of his friendship with his son. More nepotistic bullshit. So he catches a break by being given the opportunity he likely NEVER EVER would have had otherwise....what gives him any special ability as a GM????? Nothing. It's friends helping friends out....good ol boys network. Look at the guy's recored since he was hired...terrible....he should have been let go a long time ago but the spanii love suck ups and he's a suck up. Johnny Boy gets to be 'tutored' again this time by Telescope instead of AJ. It's the blind leading the blind with the spanii and always has been since that family came to town. Even Beathard was poisoned by that POS family. Contrast that with Jack Kent Cooke and his business and football background and you see why the owner matters. Mark Davis another stooge spoonfed by his dad. The NFL is filled with that stuff. The Spanii just happen to have made it a true artform lmao.

BTW I think there are a # of GMs and football executives that attended Carroll College....not sure why that is the preferred college....again it's most likely just a good ol boys network college and I'm sure they receive hefty donations from the wealthy families ,,,,,much going to the admissions dept. Polian wants his son to go to college? Send a million to Carroll College. BS. NFL corruption even at the earliest stages. Either way Telesco should be out on the streets looking for work. Maybe he can be a secretary at a true NFL organization like the Patriots etc. lol.

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The sixth overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, Herbert is now eligible to sign a contract extension. He is anticipated to command more than $50 million per year and become the highest-paid quarterback in the league. :laugh:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
someone please explain to me how Herbert deserves to be the highest paid QB in the NFL. This year his QBR was 11th in the league. He choked the 2nd half of his first playoff game and couldn't do anything when Keenan Allen was taken out with a double team. He went 3 and out on a critical series at the end of the game allowing Tevor Lawrence to make a heroic comeback drive and win the game with a FG. In other words Trevor Lawrence a 2nd year QB made him look pedestrian and beat him in the game despite an awful first quarter and giving the chugs a give of 4 picks. Which teams over .500 did Herbert beat?

I'll call it now. Herbert, despite being a very good passer with a very good arm and being smart, is not a natural leader of men....he's too reserved and prefers to be in the shadows out of the limelight and let others do the vocalized leading. He does a occasional clapping on the sidelines as you would have seen as the Jags marched down to kick the winning field goal......I don't see how he just stands there and occasionally claps for encouragement but doens't shout out encouragement to the team like a Brady or Manning or Mahomes or others would. I think not worthy of being paid as the best QB in football.....not really close to that. There are several others in a rung above him far more deserving. But I hope the Spanii overpay the guy and mess up their salary cap for a decade or more lmao. Heck, I hope his agent goes for the gold and demands 75M/year lolololololol.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
someone please explain to me how Herbert deserves to be the highest paid QB in the NFL. This year his QBR was 11th in the league. He choked the 2nd half of his first playoff game and couldn't do anything when Keenan Allen was taken out with a double team. He went 3 and out on a critical series at the end of the game allowing Tevor Lawrence to make a heroic comeback drive and win the game with a FG. In other words Trevor Lawrence a 2nd year QB made him look pedestrian and beat him in the game despite an awful first quarter and giving the chugs a give of 4 picks. Which teams over .500 did Herbert beat?

I'll call it now. Herbert, despite being a very good passer with a very good arm and being smart, is not a natural leader of men....he's too reserved and prefers to be in the shadows out of the limelight and let others do the vocalized leading. He does a occasional clapping on the sidelines as you would have seen as the Jags marched down to kick the winning field goal......I don't see how he just stands there and occasionally claps for encouragement but doens't shout out encouragement to the team like a Brady or Manning or Mahomes or others would. I think not worthy of being paid as the best QB in football.....not really close to that. There are several others in a rung above him far more deserving. But I hope the Spanii overpay the guy and mess up their salary cap for a decade or more lmao. Heck, I hope his agent goes for the gold and demands 75M/year lolololololol.
Of course not. But he's the Chargers ' "face of the franchise", NFL promoted, and the Spanos boys and GM all are in need major cover. Announcing a mega deal for Herbie would definitely"win over "hundreds" of fans.
Herbie...ask for top three money. All guaranteed. Plus deferred.
if the Spanni gives you Mahomes top money, take it.
Then as the team collapses, you and Bosa can take a trip. Enjoy Yourselves.!

Josh Allen contract details
Allen could earn up to $258 million over the length of the six-year extension, which officially comes into effect in 2023. In signing the deal, Allen will be taking home a bonus of $16.5 million that will be spread out through 2025.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Of course not. But he's the Chargers ' "face of the franchise", NFL promoted, and the Spanos boys and GM all are in need major cover. Announcing a mega deal for Herbie would definitely"win over "hundreds" of fans.
Herbie...ask for top three money. All guaranteed. Plus deferred.
if the Spanni gives you Mahomes top money, take it.
Then as the team collapses, you and Bosa can take a trip. Enjoy Yourselves.!

Josh Allen contract details
Allen could earn up to $258 million over the length of the six-year extension, which officially comes into effect in 2023. In signing the deal, Allen will be taking home a bonus of $16.5 million that will be spread out through 2025.
agree,,,,,the chugs have done that forever.......always when they draft...it's the steal of a lifetime. Look at Jimmy Dean Derwin.....'steal of the draft, we can't believe he dropped to us" (what's he done other than make criminal hits on players?)....he absolutely got thrashed by Travis Kelce , couldn't keep up with him. But that's when he's actually been ON the field. Mostly he's been injured a lot. There are tons of examples of those. Bosa is a good one. "Top player, franchise edge rusher, team leader, terrorized QB's, blah blah blah. He's always out with some injury or another and then we saw exactly WHO he is in the WC game when he had a roid rage and afterwards made an ass of himself in the interview. Another overrated player/ and look at the money they threw at him LOL. And Herbert will probably end up the same.....he'd very good don't get me wrong...he makes some plays others can't and has stats to back it up.....but this year a dropoff and he is still hounded by the lapses he was known for coming into the draft......and as I said I don't think the guy can be a team leader......he's not that type of QB. He'll never be a huge team motivator like Brady or Manning or Rodgers etc etc......will be a quiet leader but that is not the same thing and usually ends up short of a Lombardi. But they will tell us with their wallet that he's the best in the game LOL. Only the Spanii. Overhyping their players and their team for years: "Its What We Do".

Oh and all the accolades they dropped on Staley? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Now look. The butt of jokes.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
(sorry for the repetitive photo posts of that guy, but I can't help piling on, call me Gilly Dean Derwin!) :tup: ;) :D

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Ninth in offense, 27-0 lead, yeah, it's the OC. The front office should fire itself.
They start with the OC or DC, then after 5-10:years of failure fire the HC, then after another 10 years maybe fire Telesco, but JohnnyBoy is forever. Untouchable and the guiding force behind the chuggers . “ John brings us a stability that is rare in sports”

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
They start with the OC or DC, then after 5-10:years of failure fire the HC, then after another 10 years maybe fire Telesco, but JohnnyBoy is forever. Untouchable and the guiding force behind the chuggers . “ John brings us a stability that is rare in sports”
when they fired schotty is the exact time the 2 boys had decision making authority with the franchise. Their record speaks for itself.

Fender57

Blot Talker
Sep 7, 2008
Sections
Show Search
CHARGERS/RAMS
Column: Los Angeles move hasn’t made Chargers big-time winners, so far

Brandon Staley
Since moving into the Kroenke Dome, the Chargers have zero playoff victories in the three seasons; two seasons have come under Brandon Staley, whose team lost a wild-card game, 31-30, against the Jaguars, Jan. 14, 2023, in Jacksonville, Fla. (Chris O'Meara/Associated Press)
Dean Spanos said L.A. stadium revenues would improve on-field competitiveness. Zero playoff wins in Inglewood era.

BY TOM KRASOVIC
JAN. 16, 2023 6:55 PM PT
Facebook
Twitter
Show more sharing options
Big city, bright lights, podunk results.

The Los Angeles Chargers show zero AFC West titles in six tries, and you wonder how many more NFL favors and lucky breaks it’ll take for Roger Goodell and the Spanoses to finally celebrate some sort of big splash.

ADVERTISEMENT

It was the NFL’s guarantee of tenancy in a privately financed stadium that persuaded Dean Spanos and his three siblings to move their family business north.

Perhaps the Hollywood moment comes next year. Three years into their stay at the $5.5-billion Kroenke Dome in Inglewood, the Chargers still seek their first playoff victory as full-fledged Angelenos.

Coinciding with the Kroenke Dome’s opening season in 2020 was Justin Herbert falling into the Chargers’ hands, all but ensuring the NFL and the Spanoses would start fast in their shared L.A. venture.

ADVERTISING

Herbert is the franchise’s anti-Leaf, a top-10, likeable quarterback from the moment the Chargers let him play. And the NFL, a year after Herbert showed up, provided a booster seat to teams like the Chargers that can’t win the four-team divisional race, by adding a seventh seed to the playoff field.

The Bolts still fell short of those playoffs.

This year they qualified, only to Charger their way to defeat Saturday night, in a game they led by 27 points in the second quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

More than ever, the NFL’s economics and pass-friendly climate favors teams with an advanced young QB like Herbert who can match or outperform a veteran starter.

The Seahawks parlayed Russell Wilson’s first multi-year contract into two Super Bowl trips and their first Lombardi Trophy. The Chiefs, likewise, celebrated two conference-championship victories and a Super Bowl triumph with Patrick Mahomes.

A year ago in their second season with Joe Burrow, the top pick of the 2020 draft, the Bengals collected their first playoff victory in 31 years and reached the Super Bowl. Though Burrow’s knee was mangled early in his rookie year, the Bengals have won four postseason games since he returned.

ADVERTISEMENT

In the NFC, the Eagles grabbed this year’s top playoff seed, just two seasons after drafting Jalen Hurts in the second round. Along the way, two Eagles coaches who are former San Diego Chargers assistants helped to transform Hurts into an MVP candidate.

New zip code, same M.O.
When it has come to hiring a head coach and deciding who has the most football clout within their braintrust, the Spanoses may as well still be in San Diego.

They still don’t hire as their head coach anyone who’s gone to a Super Bowl as a head coach.

(Hey, we like young risers, too. Everyone needs to start somewhere, right? A factoid to nibble on: the Chargers’ past three playoffs losses have come against a head coach who’d taken a team to Super Bowl. First was John Fox, nine years ago in Denver; followed by Bill Belichick five years later in New England; and Doug Pederson on Saturday.)

As with Mike McCoy when he took over as the final San Diego Chargers head coach, L.A.-era hires Anthony Lynn and Brandon Staley were new to full-time head coaching, period. Their salaries, coincidentally or not, were near the NFL’s bottom, as was true of several other Spanos hires.

Similarly, relocation to Greater L.A. didn’t change the top bosses’ belief in maintaining a powerful front office. Whoever got the head coaching job wouldn’t be as pushy as, say, Sean McVay, the Rams’ hire who had the NFL chops to throw his weight around even as a first-time head coach. As former NFL GM and Chargers exec Randy Mueller has described the Spanos prototype and manual for a head coach, he’s “more of an assistant, kind of box him in, stay in your lane type, instead of just letting him run with it.”

Might the Spanoses trip the L.A. light fantastic and hire a plug-in Super Bowl-caliber head coach who commands more clout — and a much higher salary — than Staley and previous head coaches?

If they did, they’d break with decades of family tradition. And one that, so far has proved L.A.-proof.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
In their first playoff appearance since 2018, only the second of Bosa's career, the Chargers sprinted to a 27-0 lead only to watch it slip away, then disappear completely when the Jaguars kicked a 36-yard field goal as time expired to complete the third-largest comeback in NFL playoff history.

"We lost because we f---ing blew it in the second half. Pretty simple," Bosa said.

In his third game since returning from a 12-game stint on injured reserve, Bosa had only one tackle and zero quarterback pressures -- both tied for the fewest in his career.

But, tying a career high, he posted three penalties, including two for unsportsmanlike conduct, for 21 yards.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
In their first playoff appearance since 2018, only the second of Bosa's career, the Chargers sprinted to a 27-0 lead only to watch it slip away, then disappear completely when the Jaguars kicked a 36-yard field goal as time expired to complete the third-largest comeback in NFL playoff history.

"We lost because we f---ing blew it in the second half. Pretty simple," Bosa said.

In his third game since returning from a 12-game stint on injured reserve, Bosa had only one tackle and zero quarterback pressures -- both tied for the fewest in his career.

But, tying a career high, he posted three penalties, including two for unsportsmanlike conduct, for 21 yards.
And he's their highest paid player? The face of the team, leader??? Disastrous playoff appearance for him. But oh I forgot, he was playing on one leg lol. That guy is so full of excuses and is injured a huge part of his career so far. Yet we keep hearing how great he is. What has he ever won? What has he ever done to help his team be a competitive team for the SB. Has his team ever even won it's division since he's been there????

Wow those statistics for him in the WC game are telling. He was thoroughly beat by the Jags RT and RB's . Totally neutralized, not a factor other than losing the game for his team after he was so frustrated he threw a temper tantrum. Great draft pick according to the chug front office and media bystanders.

Reactions: Fender57

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
That’s a great article Fender posted

speaking of ex-FUdean coaches. Has anyone heard from Nick Sirianni and Shane Steichen?

didn’t they get the fuk out of smell-a and land in some city of brotherly love???

haha. FUdeans has a history of letting the good ones get away and keeping the compost.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
The Chargers have yet to win a division title during Telesco’s 10 seasons as general manager and have only been to the playoffs three times in his tenure. Telesco, who said before the start of the season that the true measuring stick of a GM is wins and losses, has an 81-86 record. The Bolts’ .485 winning percentage since 2013 is 19th.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
“This organization will do whatever it takes to win,” he said. “Resources out the [ears]. That was different for me compared to what I was going through in L.A. So it’s just like, man, this is what it’s supposed to be like. I forgot how that felt.”

Lynn nailed it.