Hatin' Harry's Chuggers Thread 2021 and Beyond to Infinity

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Snoop Dog gets it. Got a commercial out about looking forward to his Pittsburgh Steelers coming to his home town on Sunday night. . FUdean

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I wonder what Jimmy the Greek thinks of the Spanos' chances????

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
This from a Frantasy Football column on the great Mike Williams:

Mike Williams vs. Steelers
If Mike Williams becomes the latest player to spike after a fade mention in this column, I won’t be sad. It’s been a while since the Chargers offense has hit on downfield strikes. You miss them. I miss them.

Williams was breaking the game through the first five weeks of the year, shoving Keenan Allen out of the way and becoming the featured target in the LAC passing game. The numbers jump off the page: 31 catches, 471 yards, six touchdowns.
Since then, he’s been in the witness protection program: 10 catches, 137 yards, no touchdowns over four games.
There are a variety of theories. Williams might be playing through some nagging injuries. Perhaps Justin Herbert has lost confidence in his offensive line, making him less comfortable waiting for intermediate and deep routes to develop. Williams has dropped a pass here or there, to be fair. And occasionally he’s been open and Herbert hasn’t seen him.

But given that the slump has hit four weeks, I think we need to be realistic with our rankings. Pittsburgh is probably an average draw in Week 11 — the Steelers have middle-of-road ranks in pass defense efficiency, and some key personnel might be unavailable Sunday. It’s reasonable that you could play Williams as a WR2 or WR3 in Week 11, but he does not have the right to be an automatic play at the moment. This mystery slump has gone on too long, and we need to react to it.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Rams drafted the nfl leader in yards and touchdowns in the 3rd round

FUdean
yeah , true. and that little Fantasy summary of the chugs is telling.....they aren't sure whether Williams is hurt, or Herbert has lost confidence in his O line, or what the hell happened LOL. It all began against the Ravens and Harbaugh's D shut them down. I think teams with decent D's are following that film, and Bellichek's strategy too.....they may have found the achilles heel of Herbert and the offense.....maybe if you get to Herbert and hit him a few times he begins to cave and cannot stand in there and throw the ball to intermediate or deep routes and gets rattled. If so, same old chug problem with a limited O line for protection. Sounds like they don't think much of the Steeler D so Herbert may get a reprieve this week. And yes, FUdean.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018

FUdean
Cooper Kupp? What a WR that guy has turned out to be!! One of the best route runners in football...he's often so wide open that his name is becoming an adjective in football lexicon!...Like: "The blown coverage meant that the receiver was standing there by himself, he was "Cooper Kupp" open!!

Kupp did go in the 3rd round (69th pick) in 2017...but the Chargers weren't the only ones that picked a WR ahead of him. A total of 6 WR went before him...Corey Davis (5th), Mike Williams (7th), John Ross (9th), Zay Jones (37th), Curtis Samuel (40th) and JuJu Smith-Schuster (62nd) all went ahead of him.

If you really want to see had badly the LAC shat the bed in their first NFL Draft in LA, you don't have to go all the way to the 3rd Round to find the evidence...Just look at who the Carolina Panthers selected with the 8th pick right after Williams...The NFL leader in Scrimmage Yards in every year he's played since...Christian McCaffrey!!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
This from a Frantasy Football column on the great Mike Williams:

Mike Williams vs. Steelers
If Mike Williams becomes the latest player to spike after a fade mention in this column, I won’t be sad. It’s been a while since the Chargers offense has hit on downfield strikes. You miss them. I miss them.

Williams was breaking the game through the first five weeks of the year, shoving Keenan Allen out of the way and becoming the featured target in the LAC passing game. The numbers jump off the page: 31 catches, 471 yards, six touchdowns.
Since then, he’s been in the witness protection program: 10 catches, 137 yards, no touchdowns over four games.
There are a variety of theories. Williams might be playing through some nagging injuries. Perhaps Justin Herbert has lost confidence in his offensive line, making him less comfortable waiting for intermediate and deep routes to develop. Williams has dropped a pass here or there, to be fair. And occasionally he’s been open and Herbert hasn’t seen him.

But given that the slump has hit four weeks, I think we need to be realistic with our rankings. Pittsburgh is probably an average draw in Week 11 — the Steelers have middle-of-road ranks in pass defense efficiency, and some key personnel might be unavailable Sunday. It’s reasonable that you could play Williams as a WR2 or WR3 in Week 11, but he does not have the right to be an automatic play at the moment. This mystery slump has gone on too long, and we need to react to it.
You remember BMW? Big Mike Williams coming out of USC? Got picked by DET with the 10th overall pick...never amounted to much...but I remember he was the subject of huge discussion in the old board back in a day. I think one of the Draft mavens over there ( could've been ChuckF) wanted him bad!!

At least this Mike Williams turned out better than the old one...but I guess the moral of this story is that if the receiver is BIG and his name is Mike Williams, then you stay the fuck away from him in the draft!!

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

FUdean
Cooper Kupp? What a WR that guy has turned out to be!! One of the best route runners in football...he's often so wide open that his name is becoming an adjective in football lexicon!...Like: "The blown coverage meant that the receiver was standing there by himself, he was "Cooper Kupp" open!!

Kupp did go in the 3rd round (69th pick) in 2017...but the Chargers weren't the only ones that picked a WR ahead of him. A total of 6 WR went before him...Corey Davis (5th), Mike Williams (7th), John Ross (9th), Zay Jones (37th), Curtis Samuel (40th) and JuJu Smith-Schuster (62nd) all went ahead of him.

If you really want to see had badly the LAC shat the bed in their first NFL Draft in LA, you don't have to go all the way to the 3rd Round to find the evidence...Just look at who the Carolina Panthers selected with the 8th pick right after Williams...The NFL leader in Scrimmage Yards in every year he's played since...Christian McCaffrey!!
The Rams had a stellar WR corp but the terrible luck hit when Robert Woods went down in practice with a torn ACL....and on a FRIDAY....wth...that should be walk thru day. So they have signed OBJ.....not gonna cut it for Wood's replacement I'm afraid.....great vertical guy but not the ability in route running or especially blocking that Woods had. Ah well...they still are miles ahead of the chugs. My brother is a big Rams fan going way back and i laugh....he calls McVay...Mc YAY!!! lol...says he acts like a cheerleader on the sidelines lol.

Reactions: handoverfist

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Deano looking more and more irrelevant. But stupid Rams keep losing and are gonna end up fighting for a WC as well. Rams taking a beating against GB and largely looked like they were beating themselves with a bunch of horrendous turnovers deep in their own territory. You don't give Aaron Rodgers gifts like that, especially not at Lambeau. Hope the Rams can at least be competitive and outdo the deanos ......LA sucks no matter what but want deano to look the most irrelevant of the 2. Raiders still rule LA.