Hatin' Harry's 2020 Chuggers Thread (Spam of FUDEAN)

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Not sure where I said that. Does anyone think they will coexist? Dean being one of the poorest owners, and taking every shortcut he can, leaving Kronke to pay all the bills?
Well, if you think that Jerry Jones just threw Los Angeles as bone to stop Dean from whining about being a poor owner, then you must think that at least Jerry thought they could coexist...right?

Or, he knew they couldn't coexist and still pushed for it to happen...which is what I way saying in the first place!

In the HISTORY of contracts, have you ever seen a more one-sided contract in favor of the party that brings virtually NOTHING to the table??? Why?!?

BTW....I'm just talking about things I know nothing about...every comment on my part is assumption, at best...and if I'm asking too many questions, it's because I don't know the answers!

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Well, if you think that Jerry Jones just threw Los Angeles as bone to stop Dean from whining about being a poor owner, then you must think that at least Jerry thought they could coexist...right?

Or, he knew they couldn't coexist and still pushed for it to happen...which is what I way saying in the first place!

In the HISTORY of contracts, have you ever seen a more one-sided contract in favor of the party that brings virtually NOTHING to the table??? Why?!?

BTW....I'm just talking about things I know nothing about...every comment on my part is assumption, at best...and if I'm asking too many questions, it's because I don't know the answers!
I would not be surprised if Jerrah thought they could. However that is a LONG way from me thinking that. Also Jerrah may have thought that at the time of the vote... I seriously doubt he has confidence in that stance now.

Nope the agreement looked golden for Deano... Not sure why unless they were giving him a golden ticket to see if he can make the team work or if he needs to be removed.

Its all good, no question should not be asked. Unless it is in one of Q's political threads, then I should just stay out and STFU.

Reactions: handoverfist

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Stan is going to make Deano's life a living hell.

Rams fans need to spend 15x for a SSL vs, Chugger fans for the same seat?
This whole deal is going to court. Even Married couples have an assumed
legal requirement to share and create both incomes. It is assumed this is done fairly.

Stan just had to get more NFL money to cover the Deano shortfall.
I'll wager sooner than later the S hits the fan. NFL will want/suggest Deano relocated.
If not, I'll enjoy the court proceedings!

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
USA! USA! USA.!

For the Memorial Day Holiday, I give you how to screw or attempt to
screw tax dollars out of your city or state.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
While I enjoyed HOF’s assessment I think Conc is more on the mark. The plan all along was to put two teams in LA, Jones stood to make big bucks off of having a game there each week. If Dean would’ve stayed in SD and built a stadium the league was poised to allow the Raiders in, which they would have done. Vegas was always in Davis’s hip pocket but LA is where their fan base was. From Kroenke’s POV, I think he was ok with being the sole team there, he certainly didn’t need or want a second team but conceded that so they’d allow him to (illegally) break his contract with St. Louis.

The points made about protecting Deano like he was a stupid younger brother is true, and I’m sure they regret doing that now. He is pretty much screwing the pooch in the LA scenario. The spectacle would be much bigger and better with the Raiders in the mix.
i dont think davis ever wanted la. he used dean to get leverage against neveda.

he is making way more fucking money in los vehas then he would ever in la.

750 mil from taxpayers
season tickets sold out
all seat licneces sold out.

no money out of pocket.

dude us crushing it.

davis is the real winner.

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

750 mil from taxpayers
season tickets sold out

no money out of pocket.

dude us crushing it.

This is true. Chuggers should have/could have* seen this years ago.

*assuming they could actually do a smart move is I agreed a mute point.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018

750 mil from taxpayers
season tickets sold out

no money out of pocket.

dude us crushing it.

Mark Davis would've done well, where ever he landed!

The Raiders are just a much better BRAND than the Chargers!

Al Davis was a football man, who became an owner...He wasn't a just businessman who looked at his football team as an investment, and didn't run his team like a businessman would. He cared deeply about winning and knew how to get it done....he has 3 rings as proof!

To put it in to relative terms, with The Raiders and the Davis family, or The Bengals with the Brown family; it's as if Sid Gillman had owned the Chargers and his son was now the owner! How different things would've been?!? I can think of a couple of posters here who would be pretty happy with that arrangement!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Mark Davis would've done well, where ever he landed!

The Raiders are just a much better BRAND than the Chargers!

Al Davis was a football man, who became an owner...He wasn't a just businessman who looked at his football team as an investment, and didn't run his team like a businessman would. He cared deeply about winning and knew how to get it done....he has 3 rings as proof!

To put it in to relative terms, with The Raiders and the Davis family, or The Bengals with the Brown family; it's as if Sid Gillman had owned the Chargers and his son was now the owner! How different things would've been?!? I can think of a couple of posters here who would be pretty happy with that arrangement!
True. But Markie and the NFL still screwed over the fans of Oakland where they won those three Rings and who created that “brand”.

Which has been very good for quite a while.

Reactions: Faded Blues

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
True. But Markie and the NFL still screwed over the fans of Oakland where they won those three Rings and who created that “brand”.

Which has been very good for quite a while.
They won one of those championships in LA! ;)
True that they're screwing their fans in Oakland by moving to Las Vegas, but at least, over the years they've given their fans in Oakland, LA, and around the world, plenty to cheer about with an unrelenting "commitment to excellence"! Mark Davis has legitimate gripe against the Oakland City Council, as the Raiders have held their end of the bargain by appearing in 5 Superbowls and bringing 3 championships to the City that frankly doesn't deserve them! The City of Oakland should've built them a new stadium long ago...this is not the same case as the Chargers who never did shit, and still were asking for a downtown stadium. IMO, IF the Chargers had the same history as the Raiders, the City of San Diego would've gladly built them a new stadium.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I would be in full support of the Spanos family and their move to LA, if they had brought 3 Championships to the city who still refused to build them a stadium. I think many of the Raiders fans feel the same way, and that's why they will retain most of their fanbase, and even expand it by moving to LV!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
They won one of those championships in LA! ;)
True that they're screwing their fans in Oakland by moving to Las Vegas, but at least, over the years they've given their fans in Oakland, LA, and around the world, plenty to cheer about with an unrelenting "commitment to excellence"! Mark Davis has legitimate gripe against the Oakland City Council, as the Raiders have held their end of the bargain by appearing in 5 Superbowls and bringing 3 championships to the City that frankly doesn't deserve them! The City of Oakland should've built them a new stadium long ago...this is not the same case as the Chargers who never did shit, and still were asking for a downtown stadium. IMO, IF the Chargers had the same history as the Raiders, the City of San Diego would've gladly built them a new stadium.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I would be in full support of the Spanos family and their move to LA, if they had brought 3 Championships to the city who still refused to build them a stadium. I think many of the Raiders fans feel the same way, and that's why they will retain most of their fanbase, and even expand it by moving to LV!
If Spanos had won one SB, he'd of been gone a lonf time ago.

Rest easy on that one.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
If Spanos had won one SB, he'd of been gone a lonf time ago.

Rest easy on that one.
I'm not saying that it wouldn't have happened, but what's your logic behind making that statement?

Are you saying that he was hellbent on moving, irrespective of the stadium situation in SD? If so, I'd have to agree with you....but IMO, that's precisely why they never won anything!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I'm saying if those idiots could they would market themselves as a dynasty and have moved
sooner. They don't care whatever happens on the field or to the fans. Look at the 2020 team, not even an above average team, moving into a new stadium, zero.zero fan enthusiasm.
It's a money game for the boys to play with.
At least the Rams and Raiders...appear...as if they wanna win.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I'm saying if those idiots could they would market themselves as a dynasty and have moved
sooner. They don't care whatever happens on the field or to the fans. Look at the 2020 team, not even an above average team, moving into a new stadium, zero.zero fan enthusiasm.
It's a money game for the boys to play with.
At least the Rams and Raiders...appear...as if they wanna win.
It’s like Pro Rasslin’. Will “do the job”, the only thing that matters is the green.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Ever wonder about those Fatal Four Ways that never end in a fatality?

How is that possible? ;)
I was just watching this one - domestic abuse, which was fraudulent, then an attempted lynching, right in front of a bunch of cops. I was livid that these fine officers did nothing!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Tom Prichard began his career in Los Angeles, around 1979, working for Gene and Mike LeBell's Los Angeles Olympic Auditorium wrestling promotion, where he held several championships in that organization, including the Americas tag team title with Chris Adams. After LeBell closed the L.A. promotion down in 1982, Prichard competed in various NWA territories for the next four years before settling in the southeast, where he had his greatest success of his career.

It's interesting to me to watch men like Pritchard being interviewed about their carer and the stories of the business. Pritchard really has a downtown, common sense air about him. Talked about recalling when he got knocked out (“We didn't have doctors then....must of been a concussion....my head hurt, I threw up...”)....his past lady manager Sunny's multiple rehab visits...he has done three.....watched his younger full hair promotion interview with announcer saying “Folks think I'm just a Roddy Piper knockoff...but I'm not.” Then he proceeds to do the next few minutes in perfect Roddy Piper voice and mannerisms.
F2436520-CCB8-4BA7-8A03-B64B5C4CA209.jpeg

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Tom Prichard began his career in Los Angeles, around 1979, working for Gene and Mike LeBell's Los Angeles Olympic Auditorium wrestling promotion, where he held several championships in that organization, including the Americas tag team title with Chris Adams. After LeBell closed the L.A. promotion down in 1982, Prichard competed in various NWA territories for the next four years before settling in the southeast, where he had his greatest success of his career.

It's interesting to me to watch men like Pritchard being interviewed about their carer and the stories of the business. Pritchard really has a downtown, common sense air about him. Talked about recalling when he got knocked out (“We didn't have doctors then....must of been a concussion....my head hurt, I threw up...”)....his past lady manager Sunny's multiple rehab visits...he has done three.....watched his younger full hair promotion interview with announcer saying “Folks think I'm just a Roddy Piper knockoff...but I'm not.” Then he proceeds to do the next few minutes in perfect Roddy Piper voice and mannerisms.View attachment 7622
Mike LeBell used to bring his promotion down here and hold weekly cards at the old San Diego Coliseum at 15th and E downtown. I saw a lot of guys who became huge stars like Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine, and guys who already were like Andre the Giant and Ernie Ladd. A few times there were some near riots. Good times!

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
An 18 year-old graduating from Oakland Technical High next week,
will have seen precisely one winning season (and zero playoff wins) in his entire lifetime.
The franchise's claimed "excellence" seems to be doing some wholesale "relenting."
Welcome back Lance!

A 55 year old who graduated from Patrick Henry HS in 1981,
would have seen precisely ZERO Championships in his entire lifetime!

As an immortal, Harryo can go back much further, and still, no championships!

The bigger problem is, that your 18 year old, will likely see MULTIPLE championships in his lifetime,
whereas, Harryo can live another 200 years and still see NONE!

Of course, I'm joking!...As soon as I wrote that line I knew that their "commitment to excellence" has not been evident for the past 15-20 years...but it sounded good, so I left it!!

Last edited:

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Welcome back Lance!

will have seen precisely ZERO Championships in his entire lifetime!

The bigger problem is, that your 18 year old, will likely see MULTIPLE championships in his lifetime,

Of course, I'm joking!...As soon as I wrote that line I knew that their "commitment to excellence" has not been evident for the past 15-20 years...but it sounded good, so I left it!!
Actually the Chargers DO have a championship.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Actually the Chargers DO have a championship.
I don't know, are you referring to the AFL Championship in 1963? or the hot dog eating championship Louie Kelcher won in 1979? or maybe the headbutting championship Drayton Florence won in 2006? I know they're viewed as a dynasty in the World Cup of Injuries!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Mike LeBell used to bring his promotion down here and hold weekly cards at the old San Diego Coliseum at 15th and E downtown. I saw a lot of guys who became huge stars like Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine, and guys who already were like Andre the Giant and Ernie Ladd. A few times there were some near riots. Good times!
I went several times. It was fun. Before then I'd applied the stomach claw on my brother.
I also got knocked out in pillow fight so I never got my Title bout.

Reactions: Fender57

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Welcome back Lance!

will have seen precisely ZERO Championships in his entire lifetime!

I picked the Jews versus the Romans, and I thought Napoleon was a lock vs. Wellington match up.
I still have my preprinted, in nice blue and gold, Falklands No. 1! T-shirt. That was a rough year.
I mock drafted the Chargers. Which was hard for round 7 to 11. Anyone recall the one player to actually have a NFL career? Mostly with da Bears.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
I picked the Jews versus the Romans, and I thought Napoleon was a lock vs. Wellington match up.
I still have my preprinted, in nice blue and gold, Falklands No. 1! T-shirt. That was a rough year.
I mock drafted the Chargers. Which was hard for round 7 to 11. Anyone recall the one player to actually have a NFL career? Mostly with da Bears.
Punter Maury Buford?!? :sneaky:

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I don't know, are you referring to the AFL Championship in 1963? or the hot dog eating championship Louie Kelcher won in 1979? or maybe the headbutting championship Drayton Florence won in 2006? I know they're viewed as a dynasty in the World Cup of Injuries!
All 3 foot the bill! ;)

Reactions: handoverfist

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Correct. Did very well with Bears and one year with Giants.
He did earn the scorn of Ditka one year, Da Coach was unhappy with Buford for some reason, so he embarrassed Maury one week in practice by handling the punting himself, relegating Buford to the sidelines. Forgot the reason. Ditka was kind of a psycho anyway.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Chuggers have per Chris Simms' top 40 NFL Quarterback rating, no. 34 Tyrod Taylor.

Those SSL seats should be getting some action.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018

"Bro, we didn't have fans anyway," Gordon said while laughing. "We didn't have many Chargers fans at the game. I'm just going to be honest. We didn't have many Chargers fans at the game. Much loyalty, love, but we didn't have many. So I'm not missing anything."

• Haha
Reactions: Fender57

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
At the risk of being at odds with agreed to rules, I need to present here what Joe Burrows
and Mike Florio wrote today. There are times when one has to note what he and others need to stand for. [there is currently no Politico Thread on this subject. ]

As Florio said...
This is a simple, binary issue. Either you care about the rights and the well-being of others, or you don’t. Many of those who don’t prefer not to be called out for it or otherwise made to feel uncomfortable about it, prompting them to shout “stick to sports” when confronted with an approach to their fellow men and women that warps the freedoms for which the Founding Fathers fought, and that perverts the teachings of the God they claim to worship.

If i'm censured for this post, fair enough. I, unlike certain folks in this country,
respect the editorial decision of the moderators. I'd love a world where who gets the wildcard
game is the headline of the day.

Ps. Should a thread develop at the Political Playground, feel free to move this post to that location.