Harry on Mars, Hate turns to love

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
What I can’t get is the purpose of the rover. It’s going to collect rocks. Put them in a pile then another lander is going go up and bring them back. wtf?

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
What I can’t get is the purpose of the rover. It’s going to collect rocks. Put them in a pile then another lander is going go up and bring them back. wtf?
Off to the west (left) side of the ellipse are the remnants of the potential Neretva river delta deposits left as the river entered the proposed lake (all in blue on this map). Now, it has likely been over 3 billion years since the river flowed, so the river deposits are now inverted topography. This means that what used to be valleys are now ridges, mostly because the river channel and delta deposits are more resistant to weathering. After Perseverence lands, the plan is to head to these highlands to examine the rocks in these old river and delta deposits.

One of the most interesting aspects of Jezero Crater is the evidence from MRO that there are carbonates, clays and other minerals that likely require liquid water to form. These deposits may hold the evidence of any life that could have emerged in the ancient liquid surface waters of Mars.

Smack dab in the middle of the delta is a small crater called Belva that has to be younger than the delta. Just to the west (left) of the delta is the dark brown unit labeled (cr) that is the crater rim of Jezero. It is almost 2,300 feet up from the base of the delta deposits to the crest of the rim. Beyond that is hilly terrane that is mostly volcanic material that make up most of the surface of Mars.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Off to the west (left) side of the ellipse are the remnants of the potential Neretva river delta deposits left as the river entered the proposed lake (all in blue on this map). Now, it has likely been over 3 billion years since the river flowed, so the river deposits are now inverted topography. This means that what used to be valleys are now ridges, mostly because the river channel and delta deposits are more resistant to weathering. After Perseverence lands, the plan is to head to these highlands to examine the rocks in these old river and delta deposits.

One of the most interesting aspects of Jezero Crater is the evidence from MRO that there are carbonates, clays and other minerals that likely require liquid water to form. These deposits may hold the evidence of any life that could have emerged in the ancient liquid surface waters of Mars.

Smack dab in the middle of the delta is a small crater called Belva that has to be younger than the delta. Just to the west (left) of the delta is the dark brown unit labeled (cr) that is the crater rim of Jezero. It is almost 2,300 feet up from the base of the delta deposits to the crest of the rim. Beyond that is hilly terrane that is mostly volcanic material that make up most of the surface of Mars.
They should be able to get a lot of video of that region. Harry is this you?

Attachments

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
“Still Waiting for my vaccine, Mr. NASA person. Come on, super science me and
let me get home. Never had this problem in the old days. No respect, nah, none.”

“The last guy you sent....he was all right. Hot...i appreciated the warmth let me tell you....
if not the music.”

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Yes, I love it.

But I still hate the Chuggers.
Percy is smarter and more appealing than many,
as Arthur C. Clarke said, “Carbon based bipedal life forms.”

Ps. Thanks Gilly, for editing all these into one thread. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
hey what is the gravity on mars???? If you kicked dean's ass would he basically fly off the planet?
Yes.

But the Planet doesn't want him there. Will pay in rocks for you to keep him.

Mars compared to a Earth:
The differences between Mars and Earth are all crucial for the existence of life as we know it. For instance, atmospheric pressure on Mars is a tiny fraction of what it is here on Earth – averaging 7.5 millibars on Mars to just over 1000 here on Earth. The average surface temperature is also lower on Mars, ranking in at a frigid -63 °C compared to Earth's balmy 14 °C.

And while the length of a Martian day is roughly the same as it is here on Earth (24 hours 37 minutes), the length of a Martian year is significantly longer (687 days). On top that, the gravity on Mars' surface is much lower than it is here on Earth – 62% lower to be precise. At just 0.376 of the Earth standard (or 0.376 g), a person who weighs 100 kg on Earth would weigh only 38 kg on Mars.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Yes.

But the Planet doesn't want him there. Will pay in rocks for you to keep him.

Mars compared to a Earth:
The differences between Mars and Earth are all crucial for the existence of life as we know it. For instance, atmospheric pressure on Mars is a tiny fraction of what it is here on Earth – averaging 7.5 millibars on Mars to just over 1000 here on Earth. The average surface temperature is also lower on Mars, ranking in at a frigid -63 °C compared to Earth's balmy 14 °C.

And while the length of a Martian day is roughly the same as it is here on Earth (24 hours 37 minutes), the length of a Martian year is significantly longer (687 days). On top that, the gravity on Mars' surface is much lower than it is here on Earth – 62% lower to be precise. At just 0.376 of the Earth standard (or 0.376 g), a person who weighs 100 kg on Earth would weigh only 38 kg on Mars.
so your saying its going to be a while before I can fly to mars and hang out in a titty bar with a little person that has 3 tits?

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Based on ...We Can Remember For You On Wholesale. by Philip K. Dick

He awoke—and wanted Mars. The valleys, he thought. What would it be like to trudge among them? Great and greater yet: the dream grew as he became fully conscious, the dream and the yearning. He could almost feel the enveloping presence of the other world, which only Government agents and high officials had seen. A clerk like himself? Not likely.
― Philip K. Dick, Total Recall

Reactions: Faded Blues