Hand injury sidelines McNeill

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/hand-injury-sidelines.htm

Offensive tackle Marcus McNeill was scheduled to make his first professional start at left tackle Saturday night when the Chargers host the defending NFC Champion Seahawks, but the team’s second-round draft pick will have to wait at least another week before that happens.

McNeill underwent a minor operation Thursday to repair a broken bone in his left hand. The injury is not considered severe, and Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer expects his young pupil to miss roughly a week.

“It’s going to keep him out this week, but we’re cautiously optimistic that he’ll be available the following week,” Schottenheimer said. “We’ll be alright. It’s a very minor setback. This young man is very bright and he’ll be fine.”

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
They're gonna have to devise a blocking scheme to help jordan out with the speed rushers. That seems to be his weakness. He's fairly okay otherwise.

Mcneil really could have used these next two preseason games to get in touch with his nfl playing self.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
thejdog said:
This is bad news...I'm in the camp that the dude needed to play 3 plus quarters next two pre-season games. Could've possibly worn him out down the playoff stretch but my man Oben will be back and just hitting his stride by then:icon_wink:
I am praying to every deity known that this happens !!!

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
Trumpet_Man said:
I am praying to every deity known that this happens !!!
Did you include Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey, L Ron Hubbard, Zeus and Jobu?

ps: jobu = that little voodoo statue serrano prayed to in Major League

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
Did you include Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey, L Ron Hubbard, Zeus and Jobu?

ps: jobu = that little voodoo statue serrano prayed to in Major League
If it can be prayed to, I am praying to it. :yes:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
PostAnteaterCharger said:
make sacrifice of rum and cigars to Jobu and he will take care of you:icon_toast:
Nah, some assshole'll come by and steal Jobu's rum and smoke his cigar...jes before LJ whiffs onna speed rush.

Splat.

MadMike

Mar 17, 2006
Do we have anyone else on the roster that can back up Jordan? I'm guessing they would rather not have him take every snap just yet. Has Olivea ever worked that side? I know he is not built for speed guys either, just looking for some other support. What about Wes Sims and Lekkerkerker?

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
MadMike said:
Do we have anyone else on the roster that can back up Jordan? I'm guessing they would rather not have him take every snap just yet. Has Olivea ever worked that side? I know he is not built for speed guys either, just looking for some other support. What about Wes Sims and Lekkerkerker?
Obviously the FO thinks Jordan's the next best option...dunno why THEY aren't seein what we EXPERTS are...seein.